05- Don’t be too nosy
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Why is it suddenly a thunder outside. How would I get home now if it started to rain. I can't even look at rain without getting chills and cold sweats, how would I even drive home'

"Actually you already work for me and I think I'd need someone's help so just stay." He commanded in a firm tone.

"Ahh oh okay." she sighed with relief but also worried that she'll have to stay here as she had no other choice.

"I also think we should call a doctor and it even looks like you're getting a fever when I touched your face earlier it was really warm and now you're face is really red as well" she said with a little concern.

"No need I'll take a fever reducer just get me some water and the medicine box from the drawer."

"Yes wait." 

Lou got the medicine from the drawer and gave it to him with the glass of water she brought with her earlier for him to drink. He must be dehydrated necause he drank too much, lost some blood and even fainted.

After that she asked him if he had anything to eat but he said he wasn't hungry as he had ate his dinner early. The medicine he took made him sleepy sk he laid down and tried to go back to sleep. Lou went to the couch and sat there not knowing what to do as it actually started to rain outside. It was really wild, she could tell from the noise that it was making. She didn't have the heart to even pull the curtain to look at it so she just laid on the couch and closed her eyes.

At around 3am Nathan woke up and he still had a fever and he felt really hot so he took off his shirt. He wanted tk drink some water to cool his throat but the glass was empty so he slowly got up and went outside to get some water. He saw Lou all curled up on the couch and she was even shivering from the cold as she had nk blanket on her.

He walked towards her and stood there while watching her sleep uncomfortably. He sighed and felt his head throb with pain. He picked her up slowly so as not to wake her up and took her to his room to lay her down on the bed. He covered her with the blanket and winced in pain as his shoulder was still injured. Actually while he was waiting for someone he got bired so he started to drink a little but that turned into him drinking a whole bottle and then two. He wanted to get something from his study so he went to the cabinet in his living room but someone stumbled and knocked over it and it fell on him causing him to injure his shoulder and little bit of back. He somehow managed to get up and while trying to get the cabinet up he knocked over the wine glass making more mess. He doesn't remember calling anyone but his phone showed that he indeed called Lou over and even several times. 

He went back to the kitchen and got himself a glass of water. He returned to the room and sat back down on the bed looking at Lou's face deep in sleep. She now seemed comfortable and was not shivering.

She grumbled something in her sleep which made Nathan bring his ears close to her mouth to understand what she was saying but he couldn't understand as they were just noises and not real words.

He laid down and went back to sleep.

In the morning when he woke up she eas not there and that got him really frustrated somehow.

*

"Yes President Anders but may I ask what happened to your driver?" Lou said reluctantly.

"Don't be too nosy. I gave him an off this week." Nathan was loosing his patience now.

Lou nodded and they walked towards his car he got into the back seat and she took the driver's seat. It takes about 20 minutes drive from the office to get to his apartment but there was too much traffic on the road because of the annual festival season today and it took them an hour to reach.

Nathan asked her to carry some document files to his apartment so she followed him in. 

'I really feel like I'm his personal secretary now. Does he think I have no life outside of work? I wish I could just scream intk his face once.'

"Put them on the table" Nathan interrupted her inner thoughts. 

She put the files on the table and was ready to leave as she had to take a cab back to office. She was thinking of booking a cab when suddenly the loud noise of the clouds grumbling came again followed by whooshing sounds of rain falling.

Lou halted her in her steps.

Note: Please let me know if there are any errors and your thoughts about the chapters. I hope you enjoy ready this.

XOXO

1