Chapter 83 Making Camp
107 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  RB Chapter 83 Making Camp

"...now that I have finished with the explanation, you can try it yourselves." Eric said causing the three girls in the back to close their eyes and try out what he had just explained.

He turned his head to look towards the driving Chloe, only for her to raise her thumb. That brought a smile to his face.

"I have done all I could. Their survival will depend on themselves." He had just finished expounding on the theory of energy channeling and right now they were doing practicals.

"Let's just hope we don't bump into a beast which has mastered energy channeling this early." Chloe said with a look of worry on her face. It wasn't for herself, but for the three in the back.

"Those people are following us." Chloe said.

"Of course! They must be after the information about energy channeling." Eric answered nonchalantly. He wasn't related to them so he wasn't inclined to help.

After that, they kept quiet and the atmosphere stayed like that for a few hours.

(Rumble!)

That sound caused Chloe to blush.

"I am hungry." She said with embarrassment.

"It looks like we will have to make a stop and hunt. Shit! I almost forgot! It was the most important thing!" Eric ruffled his hair in annoyance.

"Find a suitable place to make camp. We will set off tomorrow." He said before falling into thought.

'We have vehicles. We can hunt as much as we want today and keep some for tomorrow.'

Chloe slowed down after some time and went off road. There was what looked like what had been an estate where she had driven.

"This is a good place." She said before parking and exiting.

"Driving is tiresome!" She complained. The three girls in the back also alighted one by one. They stumbled but managed to prevent any embarrassing situations. It was a side effect of being in a moving vehicle.

'Hmmm. This place is good. We simply have to choose one relatively intact residence, but first, I have to scout around.'

"Chloe! Guard them!" He ordered before heading off to scout not caring about the other cars which were just arriving.

"I am not your servant!" She protested.

Eric didn't retort but simply continued, before vanishing in the distance.

"Where is he going?" As Chloe was still staring at the direction that Eric had vanished, a voice from the side caused her to jump. A faint blush colored her cheeks as she turned to glare at the person.

"Why do you need to know?" She asked angrily before turning around and walking towards the girls.

Miss Njibwa was the one who had asked and was puzzled by her behaviour.

'I didn't do anything wrong did I?' She almost panicked.

"He's going to scout the surrounding." Mugumivu's voice came from a few paces away. He had heard everything. All of them had arrived and were stretching their limbs. Sitting in the car for a few hours made them feel stiff.

'He is diligent. But when will I get the time to ask him for pointers?' A feeling of impatience surged in her heart.

"Hehehehehehe..." A sultry voice came from the last car to arrive. Dora alighted with a change if clothes. 

'Why did she change her clothes? And why does she look full of energy? She's even glowing?' Chloe wondered.

All the males on the scene had their eyes turn weird as they all suspected something.

"Nothing dangerous is around. Its good but also bad." Eric returned at this time and told Chloe and the other three.

"What do you mean?" Sally asked.

"No beasts means we can stay for the night, but it also means that we will have to move further if we want to hunt." The others had gathered around the five.

"Brat, good job! Now, would you also go hunting for us!" A condescending voice came from his back causing him to turn around.

"You keep antagonising me, but I have no interest in you. So tell me, do you want me to kill you? Mmmmm?" Eric asked as he fixed his stare on Ngabi.

"Ngabi, we must work together here." Mugumivu chimed in causing Ngabi to take a step back.

"I don't want to work together with all of you. You seem to have forgotten that we are competitors." Eric refused and led the girls towards one of the houses.

"Eric, I will meet up with you later. I am going out to hunt." Chloe said with a glimmer in her eyes before vanishing.

'She must have been stifled for too long.' Eric shook his head and continued to lead the three towards the house he had chosen.

The others also chose houses nearby his.

"So...do you know anything about wilderness survival?" Eric tried to start conversation. Elena and Leah had been staring off into space while Sally was about to go into a pose to continue training in energy channeling.

"No..."

"Yes!"

"I know a little bit."

The one with the bold answer was Elena but he knew that her knowledge must have been even more limited than Sally who knew a little bit.

"Then what use are you here?" Eric almost shouted causing Leah to tremble.

"Do you dare to try that again?" On the other hand, Elena didn't even flinch. She started threatening him.

"As expected of an idiot. Elena, throwing your weight here is useless. There are plenty of people here stronger than you. Even those who are weaker have more experience than you, so you are basically a burden. Didn't I say that from the start?" Elena's face paled at that.

"Now, today is going to be the only day that we will hunt for you. The next time, you will have to do it yourselves." Eric said that before going to another room and seating down. The sun was just setting on the western horizon with the time being 4:07pm.

'This place is safe enough to light a fire, but we will have to seal every hole so that the light doesn't attract predators. But the smell of meat...there are others, they will take care of any that dare to come near.' He thought.

'I need to master brainwave control before going back to the city.' He set a goal for himself before sitting down and trying to influence his brainwaves. He had to be diligent as that was the only way to make progress.

-----

'Should I head over or should I wait?' That was the question that was going through Njibwa's mind. She was alone in a room with her two guards outside.

"But I need to learn and this is the wilderness, who knows when I will be able to gain another chance!" She mumbled before standing up and resolutely heading towards Eric's house.

When she had just stepped out, she found that there was a crowd already gathered outside Eric's house. It looked like she hadn't been the only one with such intentions.

-------

It was now 5:00pm, inside one room, a fire was blazing. Dry wood was being used as fuel and meat was hanging off a skewer. Chloe was seating by the fire roasting, with more carcasses nearby not yet done.

"Those people are infuriating! They actually used numbers to bully you into teaching them?" Chloe was complaining. Her rage was understandable since those people practically pressured him to teach them.

"And you three! What were you doing? Simply standing there like morons not helping at all!" She couldn't calm down. She was the one who had finally managed to chase the crowd away after returning!

Leah, Elena and Sally lowered their heads. They couldn't retort as that was true. They also felt guilt. If they hadn't joined him, he would have simply ran away but he had decided to teach those people because that trash, Ngabi had used them as the excuse that Eric needed to teach.

"It has already passed. Don't shout at them. Besides, I am going to disallow them from following us even if I have to make an example out of someone!" Eric's eyes turned cold at the thought. He was currently gorging himself in a piece that Chloe had just cut off and offered.

She had only offered it to him causing the trio to look between the two with weird expressions, but they didn't notice.

"You three. Your attitudes this afternoon disappointed me." Eric said with a shake of his head. No one had come out to defend him even though they were clearly ganging up on him.

"Its natural. I am only here as part of a deal. That deal doesn't include me putting my life in jeopardy." Sally said coldly.

"You are very right! Our deal is now over so...leave." Eric said calmly without batting an eye. That statement caused Sally's eyes to widen and her expression to turn dark. The dancing flames made it appear even darker.

She didn't do anything, even arguing back. She simply lifted herself up and walked out.

"Oh! If you don't shape up you will also get the same treatment! This is the wilds. Here life can end with a snap of a finger!" Eric cautioned before taking another bite out of the savory meat. It looked like Chloe had ample experience as she didn't forget to pack spices like him.

4