Chapter 86 Ambush!
98 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

        RB Chapter 86 Ambush!

The time is 9:27am, a few black figures could be seen lounging about in a forest. Some were sleeping while some were grooming themselves.

This forest had very tall trees with a thin canopy allowing beams of light to fall into the forest floor. Apart from groans and grunts from the black figures, it was otherwise silent.

'I need to become legendary. But even though all these gorillas are strong, they have never faced humans. The weapons of humans can also injure energy channelers if used correctly. I need more allies.' One exception, a white furred gorilla was seating on the highest branch on one of the trees.

It was deep in thought. Sacrificing its group for a battle wasn't worth it. It needed some cannon fodder to entice into joining.

After merging with the DNA of the human it had devoured, its personality too had started changing. It wanted more! It didn't want to stay in that boring forest day in day out. But it also wanted followers so it couldn't leave alone.

So one day, it went to the clan leader with a proposal, and asked him to lead all their breathren out of the forest so that they could see the wider world but instead was attacked when it spoke the human language. It had never conversed in the human tongue with the others in the community, so they had never known that it could. 

The clan leader attacked viciously with intent to kill but he still ultimately met his demise.

Right now, the troop was still in the forest but it knew that a day later, they will be going out of the forest.

'There is going to be a clash, we are going to be crossing the territories of many others. The ones who survive will be the vicious ones, the only ones who will be qualified to be on this campaign with me.' It directed its gaze downwards towards its fellows.

-------

(Boom!)

The sound was created when a palm made contact with a head. The owner of the palm being Mugumivu.

They had reached a section of the road with tall grass on both its sides and the convoy had been cruising along at a fast speed, but something jumped out from the tall grass as if it had been waiting for them all along!

They were cows and they had sprang out in an instant catching all the people off guard except those with the keenest of senses.

Mugumivu had shattered the car's glass with one palm strike, effectively preventing the cow from ramming into him but he felt something ramming into him from behind!

Another cow had rammed into the other side of the car and the warm body which had touched his back was Ngabi.

"Ngabi! Are you okay?" He asked urgently. His forehead was bleeding and he felt a pain in his arm. 

'My arms have fractured.' Right now his heart was beating far faster than before. He knew that he was in danger. A danger capable of taking his life. He had only felt it a few times before.

Eric was standing on the side of the road. He and Chloe had sensed it from afar and taken the appropriate measures. But the cows had been too fast!

Opening the back doors, they had liberated the two girls from their seats and ran to the front with them at a speed far surpassing that of the travelling cars and the cows!

The car had been crashed into on both sides causing pieces to explode out of it turning it into scrap metal.

'Thank God I know energy channeling!' He rejoiced in that fact. Right now his heart was still racing from the thrill.

'Shit!" He cursed when he felt his legs almost giving way. 

'I used up too much energy.' 

Elena and Leah were by his side and the two girls' faces were pale. Chloe was slaughtering the cows and many were still coming out of the tall grass it must have been an entire herd!

The good thing about all this was that at least the side they were on only had those initial attackers. All the other cows were on the opposite side.

"Eric, when will you join me? I am burning through energy!" Chloe shouted as she decapitated a cow with a palm, rotated on the spot and kicked one in the neck with such force that its head was launched off and crashed into another cow bursting apart like a bomb and causing dizziness to it. She didn't pause at all as even more of the cows piled up!

'This needs to end fast.' Eric activated his all spectrum vision and scanned the remaining cows even the ones still hidden in the grass.

"About twenty, and one has energy cycling inside it." He mumbled. But the good thing was that someone else was facing off with it.

But he hurriedly focused on the ten cows which were all attacking them. 

Electrical sparks jumped on his body and everything else slowed in his eyes. The cows, Elena, Leah and even Chloe. It was as if he was disconnected from the same reality as them.

He casually chose a cow and ran towards it. Plasma formed around his palm as he formed a blade which sliced through the cow's neck like butter. He didn't stop there and went after another one. It all looked simple, but in reality it wasn't! He was consuming tons of energy.

By the time he stopped in place, every cow in the vicinity was dead and everything that was moving slowly in his vision returned to normal. But he only appreciated his work for a few seconds before losing consciousness.

-------

'Ah! My head is killing me.' That was the first thought that entered his head when his eyes opened. The sky entered his vision and what he saw was only an orangish glow.

'Is the sun setting?' He tried to raise himself up only for pain to shoot through his entire body, causing him to suck in a mouthful of air.

"You are awake. You should never push yourself like that! Even I can do it, but I don't, exactly because of the consequences!" Chloe's voice entered his ears.

That was when he took in his surroundings with his other senses. He felt his head lying in something plump and soft.

"What am I lying on?" His voice was horse.

"My thighs." Someone's face entered his vision when he asked. It was Chloe, her blue eyes full of worry and anger.

"I am sorry." His heart warmed. He saw the genuine feelings of care from her gaze, something which he had missed dearly. The two locked eyes for a while as if they had been dazed by each other. 

'He is handsome now that I am close. I want to kiss...no no no no!' Chloe hurriedly raised her head and gazed at the sky. Her face was adorned with a blush.

'She is charming.' Eric thought.

"How were the casualities and damages?" He asked after sorting out his thoughts.

"Ngabi and Sting died plus all the guards. All the cars were destroyed." She got straight to the point.

"We were careless. What about that energy channeling one?" He asked.

"Mugumivu killed it. I never knew the guy was hiding that deeply! He had mastered energy channeling long ago!" Shock was thick in her voice.

-------

'Friend, rest in peace!' Mugumivu thought as he pushed soil into a pit on the side of the road with one of the shattered car fragments. After that, he stood up and looked towards the sky with a complicated expression.

That lasted for a while before he sighed and made his way towards the temporary camp. They had started a fire and were roasting some of the meat. All the people had varying degrees of injury after that attack. Sally even had her right eye destroyed.

"Now you understand the dangers of the wilderness, right?" Chloe asked, more to no one. All of them kept quiet.

Today's events were something that they would never forget.

Sally was leaning against miss Njibwa who was cradling her. If it wasn't for Sally, she might have died in the initial attack.

"I want to go back. I give up!" Someone said causing all of them to turn their eyes towards her. 

"What? This level of danger is simply off the charts! Money can't be exchanged for life!" It was Leah, who managed to summon up some courage when they looked at her.

"I agree with her." The voice came from Dora. She was curled into a ball and shivering.

'How did she survive?' Eric wondered.

"She has the bloodline of the cat allowing her to sense danger." Chloe said when she saw Eric's puzzled gaze.

"Leah, why did your mother choose to fight instead of running away?" Monki who looked like he was unstable asked.

"She couldn't let go of the status that came along with ruling the city. Don't delude yourself into thinking that she only fought to protect you." Monki continued, a bloodstained pole planted in the ground next to him.

Leah paled when Monki finished. She couldn't come up with anything to refute him.

"Any you! Except for having sex everyday, what have you ever desired? Imbeciles raised in greenhouses." Monki insulted them.

"Monki, just because you are strong doesn't mean that I fear you!" Dora shouted before vanishing from her place and appearing right in front of him with claws raised. He didn't do anything causing his face to gain vertical tears from the swiping of her claws. She was caught off guard by his defenselessness causing his punch to land on her stomach. She bent like a shrimp before being blown away. His eyes had been cold, so cold that she had shivered!

"Kuh!" She vomited  blood the moment she regained her senses.

2