Chapter 87 Savage Tribes
93 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

    RB Chapter 87 Savage Tribes

"This attack was strange...the beasts ambushed us. Does this always happen in the wilderness?" Sally, who was leaning against miss Njibwa asked. Her right eye had been bandaged using a piece of cloth tied around her head like a headband. Her question was directed towards Mugumivu who had just joined them. No one cared about Dora who was picking herself up from the ground.

The moment she asked, Mugumivu fell deep into thought.

"You are right as these beasts don't usually attack moving vehicles." Mugumivu said after a few minutes. Among all the people here, only Chloe, Mugumivu, Monki and Eric had any semblance of wilderness experience.

"It could be that someone was behind them." Chloe suggested before standing and scrutinizing the tall grass around them.

"All of you, gather in the middle of the road!" Chloe hurriedly said before carrying Eric to the middle. Leah and Elena followed behind even though they were puzzled.

Mugumivu and Monki had their eyes light up as if they had finally figured something out before their faces paled and they hurriedly stood up and surveyed their surroundings with their eyes.

"What is it?" Eric asked. He was still in a weakened state. Even Dora, who was clutching her stomach had also joined them. They formed a circle as they all vigilantly looked around.

"If I am not mistaken, that ambush might have been orchestrated by a savage tribe." Chloe elaborated with a note of seriousness in her voice.

"Savage tribes! Do they really still exist?" Sally asked with a raised voice. She found it unbelievable.

"Yes! Every meeting with a savage tribe doesn't end well for the other party." Mugumivu answered in a deep voice.

"They are ferocious. They fight with complete disregard for their lives and most important of all, this is something I have only managed to figure out after learning about energy channeling, but every tribe member who wanders the wilderness knows energy channeling, those that I have seen." Monki supplemented.

"We theorised that since they lack the technology for genetic editing, and cellular rearrangement requires having absurd calculation power, they adopted energy channeling by learning from the beasts." Mugumivu said.

There was a gentle breeze which was causing the grass to rustle creating a very calming scene, but the people in the middle of the road were anything but that.

They all had pale faces and even Chloe who had more experience was the same. The trio who knew about the savage tribes all knew one thing, they always travelled in a team of three or more!

"Hurry up and get rid of your weakened state." Chloe whispered to Eric.

Eric circulated the energy in his body and dispelled his soreness and weakened state. Chloe had fed him gruel made from the cow's meat. She had created a makeshift sauce pan from the wreak age of the vehicles.

His blue eyes turned violet before shifting between a myriad of colors. He had activated his all spectrum vision and scanning all the nearby terrain.

"Monki, from your front, five meters away, three lifeforms!" Eric barked causing Monki to pick up his staff and spin it infront of himself before resting in his right hand. He breathed out slowly and placed all his focus in front of him.

He didn't doubt Eric since he had also picked up an abnormality with his senses. 

Eric saw that the savages consisted of three and they were all creeping in from Monki's direction. The other directions had no other people.

'I thought they were hunters. Shouldn't they have circled us to prevent us from escaping or are they that confident in capturing us!' He was puzzled but he still exchanged a subtle glance with Chloe and she moved to stand at Monki's side just like Mugumivu. She was at his left while Mugumivu was at his right.

Eric stood behind the three people becoming the second line of defense. 

(Ting!)

Sparks were produced as something collided with Monki's staff with such speed and force that he was blown away with a trickle of blood all the way to the other side of the road causing a the tall grass in his way to be destroyed.

Someone had replaced his previous position and Eric, who had just used his fast reflexes to dodge the fast moving Monki, had his eyes land in the person. He was male, taller than Mugumivu, brown skin which was way darker than theirs and he had burly body with exaggerated muscles. He was simply clad in a fur skirt paired with a fur jacket, both of which were brown. He had short curly black hair and he was in the posture of throwing a punch. 

Eric was shocked! That one punch had caused vibrations in Monki's staff causing a ringing sound to echo out from it.

Chloe was the next person to react. She rotated around on the spot and threw a punch towards the person's ribs. She placed a considerable amount of power in the punch and coupled with its speed, it caused the air right in front of the fist to compress and even the savage man had no choice but to jump away.

(Boom!)

A sonic boom sounded when she completed the entire movement. Even though she had missed, she had at least caused him to retreat giving them some breathing room.

"Kuh!" Monki coughed out a mouthful of blood.

'If I hadn't reacted fast enough, I would have been dead!' He thought.

"The world does go around doesn't it." Dora's voice appeared.

"Shut up, bitch! Do you want me to take care of you?" His gaze caused her to pale and shift her attention back towards the front where the other two savages walked out of the tall grass and stood beside their companion.

The trio simply exchanged glances and no words were even passed between them before a three charged towards them.

Chloe didn't wait for them to reach and instead she picked her opponent. Mugumivu did the same and since Monki hadn't yet arrived, Eric was forced to take on the third one.

Chloe was the first to arrive in front of her opponent, who was a short man with bulging muscled and bone blade in his right hand. He didn't hesitate to slash out horizontally with it causing her to skip back a little bit only for its tip to miss a few inches from touching her stomach.

But a gash still opened up on her stomach! The blade had been so fast that the wind in its edge had become lethal enough to be an attack all on its own!

After a step back, she took one forward when the guy was still mid swing and kicked out causing her foot to connect with his stomach throwing him back into the tall grass.

'Shit!' Eric cursed when he saw her bleeding and accumulated all his force in his left hand punching towards his opponent with such speed that the man barely had any time to defend himself causing Eric's fist to coonect with his chest and a cracking sound to ring out before he was also hurled back into the tall grass with a groan and a trickle of blood at the side of his lips.

"Are you okay?" Eric asked after appearing at Chloe's side.

"Its just a minor wound." She said calmly. Though her heart had skipped a beat and a faint blush had adorned her cheeks when she heard the concern in his voice.

(Boom!)

A crack appeared in the even ground coupled with a crater when the last savage collided with Mugumivu. He was taller than the first savage and he too didn't possess any other weapon, only his bare fists!

The collision of his fist with Mugumivu's palm was the one which had caused the explosion causing all the attentions of the others to shift towards that battle.

When Eric had just shifted his attention, something bumped into his side, causing him to stagger and a sharp tip to pass right where he had just been standing!

Electric arcs bounced along his skin as his eyes turned to look at the attack. It was a tiny knife and it had been aimed at him. If it wasn't for Chloe, he might have died.

"Focus!" Chloe shouted before rushing off towards the Savage with the blade. He was the one who had just thrown that knife.

Eric had just collected himself when he felt something heading towards him from the sky only to see that the first savage had appeared directly above him and was stomping down. He shifted to the side and kicked out horizontally when the savage's body almost touched ground.

But his leg was grasped by two large palms before he was viciously raised up and slammed towards the ground with such force that the air was forced out of his lungs and his vision became blurry. The vibrations from the savage's landing had also impacted his body.

'I can't let myself stay in his grasp!'

He sped up the metabolism of his body and everything slowed down but not to the exaggerated state that he had previously used.

TRIVIA

3D bio printing is the sane as normal 3D printing except that here, cells are printed onto a lattice one at a time from tissues, all the way to organs and limbs. Even an entire body can be printed.

1