Chapter 90 Plans For Tomorrow
100 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

RB Chapter 90 Plans For Tomorrow

Sally, Dora and Elena felt like they were being kept out of the loop. The others had all returned a while ago and they were all seating around a fire in a clearing in the grass on the side of the road. Night had fallen and only the stars were in the sky.

'All of the others have a faint fear when looking at Eric.' That was all Sally could deduce when she observed them. She liked having information about everything and this situation was not good for her.

She had tried asking miss Njibwa thinking that she was going to be her breakthrough point since she was innately soft, but the girl had shook her head and denied saying anything with such force that she thought her neck was going to snap.

Chloe and Eric were a ways from the flames and were together whispering...

"...that was probably from my mother." Eric was providing answers.

"Your mother! Wasn't that Lisa? How can she be that strong? If she was, she wouldn't have died!" Chloe was shocked.

"I found this out recently, but apparently Lisa's genetic makeup isn't in my genes, meaning, she was never my mother. The person with more information was Baguma." Eric continued.

They sat so close together that their arms were practically touching. Thy could even smell each other's unique scents.

"We forgot to find a water source." Dora said. She was mostly directing her eyes towards the three men with a hint of blame in them.

"Oh! Dora, have you forgotten that we are competitors?" Monki taunted without raising his eyes which were stating at the flames. He was alone, deep in thought. He usually liked hanging around miss Njibwa, but this time something else was occupying his mind.

"That bitch!" Chloe cursed.

"What were you doing when we chased after the savages? Nothing! What were you doing when we came back? Nothing!! Who gathered the sticks to start the fire? Us!!!" Chloe shouted causing her to shut up.

"You will attract predators to us!" Eric hurriedly pulled her down. She had stood up.

Even though he calmed her down, she was still pouting, causing him to sigh.

"You are acting like a teenager." Eric commented causing her to blush and lower her head.

"Anyway, we have to make plans for tomorrow. The blood will last us for a while, but we ultimately need water. I want to hear your thoughts." Eric's words attracted everyone's attention.

'Its like they are all differing to him.' Sally made an observation.

"We will follow the road. We will steal a vehicle if we come across one." Monki suggested.

"That can't be done as all the vehicles are owned by gigantic corporations. It will be better if we don't offend one, after all we can't rely on the Black Diamond group to save us." Sally vetoed it. Monki didn't retort as he knew that what she said was true.

"Then we will have to walk. Since we don't have a map, we will have to rely on out abilities to find a water source." Mugumivu supplemented.

A crackle sounded in the flames causing embers to fly into the sky like fire flies, a prelude to the silence that followed as they went deep into thought.

"Tomorrow...all of you are going to start survival training." Eric said as his gaze settled Elena and Leah.

"Is it going to be all the five of us, girls?" Sally asked curiously.

'She has trapped us!' Chloe's eyes narrowed 

"I only meant our group." Eric locked gazes with Sally from across the flames, figurative sparks in between them.

"It will be more beneficial if we formed a girls only group and all three of you took turns imparting your wisdom." Sally pushed. Right now, she had formed an alliance with miss Njibwa. Even though Mugumivu and Monki would help, if she asked, they would be biased towards miss Njibwa. It would be better for someone else to also be in the picture.

"There are no tangible benefits, miss LOGIC!" Eric's voice chilled. A pressure started building up and assaulting Sally. She was pushing too hard.

Sally's face paled, but not once did she avert her eyes from his.

"I agree!" A deep voice caused the two to break eye contact. The one who had accepted the suggestion had been Mugumivu.

"I too, agree!" Monki hurriedly said as if he wanted to compete with Mugumivu. This arrangement was advantageous to the two as it would give them the opportunity to get closer to miss Njibwa.

"I agree!" The third voice came from Dora.

"I am starting to dislike you more and more, Sally." Chloe's voice had turned so chilly that it bordered on sinister. Electric arcs were flashing in her eyes constantly.

"I will ask once again, what benefits would we get?" Eric placed his palm atop Chloe's. He squeezed a little bit to calm her down. His sharp gaze had once again returned to Sally. All the others were being ignored.

Sally found it puzzling that the other two males weren't losing their tempers due to such blatant disregard.

"Benefits..." The scene once again fell into silence as Sally contemplated. Only the crackle of the sticks in the flames and cry of the insects was the only sound in the air.

"What can she offer you? We are in the wilderness." Chloe whispered into his ears. A manly smell tickled her nostrils causing her to hurriedly withdraw her face with a faint blush on her cheeks. It was a good thing that he was still focused on Sally.

"That's what I am waiting to see. She is a clever girl." Eric whispered back.

Miss Njibwa had already fallen asleep and her head was resting on Sally's thighs. Her face was facing the flames and her peaceful face had both Monki and Mugumivu entranced. Even when they had agreed, their gazes never once left her face.

Almost five minutes passed in such a silence. Dora was viewing everyone around the camp fire and thinking about something.

"There is nothing I can offer you, right now, but, if you manage to win this race, I will become your assistant." Sally said causing everyone's eyes to shift to her. Some were surprised while others were nodding as if this was how she was.

"I am dissapointed. When I win, what would be the point of you joining me? This is unacceptable!" Eric refused calmly.

'Is she really someone who thinks with logic? I doubt that. She always tries to gain the maximum benefits for herself. Even now...' Eric shook his head. He laid in his back and looked up at the stars. He wasn't going to work with her if she didn't come up with something.

As his gaze settled on the night sky, specifically the stars, he felt himself calming down and relaxing. All thoughts were pushed from his mind and he took in a deep breath.

'What is my path, what is my future? I still haven't figured that out.' Random thoughts popped up in his mind.

"I will follow and obey your every order, before we separate in the north of Lake Kyoga."

"Sure!" He agreed without much thought. Right now a large group was more advantageous. They could be used as cannon fodder on top of being an additional fighting force.

'I think I am falling for him...he's much too young for me, he's 16 and I am 22. We can't be together. Should we separate here?' Chloe gazed at Eric while something was eating away at her. The faint increase in her heartbeat when she was near him, thoughts always revolving around him and wanting to be by his side were all signifying that she had fallen for him.

'When did it start?' She wondered and directed her gaze to the sky. She was cradling her knees to her chest in a seating position.

'Could it be then?' She dredged up the memory of their first meeting. At that time he was pitiful, like a puppy. Dead eyes, missing right arm and that scar. Her heart had softened then but she was sure it had been pity...nothing more.

'Then...that time?' Another memory played in her mind. It was of Eric cradling a dead Lisa and crying. When she had seen that, she had felt like crying as even her heart had felt heavy and she had almost lost consciousness.

'It was that time!' Electric arcs danced in her pupils when she came to that realisation.

"Sleep, Chloe. Mugumivu and Monki already volunteered for the first watch. If you drag it out, you will wake up tired when their shift ends." Eric said. Chloe lied down next to him. Her back to him. She didn't want to turn towards him as that would make her become impulsive. She might do something leading to regret down the line.

Dora and Sally too went to sleep, leaving Mugumivu and Monki awake, still staring at miss Njibwa. Though that didn't mean that they were any less vigilant!

3