Chapter 97 Pushing Through
72 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

RB Chapter 97 Pushing through

"This guy is pretty strong!" Eric said in amazement. Monki's power was rivalling that of Baguma! That was a scary thought! Eric had a premonition that this guy would even surpass Leo!

"Of course, how else would he be chosen to be the next clan leader?" Chloe rolled her eyes.

"But isn't he going to be wasting lots of energy? How long do you think he can maintain that form?" He wondered.

"There is plenty of food here." She answered while gesturing towards the monkey carcasses scattered around.

"Hooooo..." Eric released a breath.

"What is it?" She asked.

"We shall copy him and release our strongest power! We need to get to the other side of the forest, I wonder why that person hasn't caught up to us, but it will be better if we widen the distance more." Eric said, after which electrical arcs started dancing on his skin. At first, they were tiny, but then grew to the size of a finger instantly. He hadn't forgotten about the reason that made him lead these people into this plantation in the first place.

He vanished from her vision only to appear at Monki's side.

"Prepare to follow behind us!" That was directed to the people behind.

"Oh! Little brat, you have guts! Are you going to release that form?" Monki asked curiously. He shuddered just by remembering that form! Even now, he was sure he would lose if he fought against the transformed Eric!

"That was an accident!" Eric directed his gaze to the front. He felt his body temperature start to rise as he also sped up his metabolism. He was looking forward to the battle. Even the electric arcs swimming around his form increased in number.

He didn't even wait for anyone! He vanished before appearing in front of a monkey, both his palms placed at the sides of its head! He only spent a quarter of a second there before vanishing to search for another target. The one he attacked first slid down from the stem and fell to the ground. If you looked at it, you would see its entire head was burnt to a crisp!

"Leave some for me!" Monki shouted before crouching low causing cracks to appear in the ground and a crater to form beneath his feet. His entire body was placing pressure under his feet. He was storing momentum, preparing to spring out.

(Boom!)

The crater spread as he ran towards the monkeys. His muscular feet crashed the ground with every step leaving an imprint! In just a little over two steps, he reached the nearby monkey and swung down his pole! The monkey didn't even get the chance to react before it was crushed into meat paste!

Another monkey had its arm torn off, before it could scream in pain though, the attacker appeared at its back and slashed with his palm causing its head to detach from its body. Electrical arcs coursed through the arm and it became cooked. The attacker brought it to his mouth and tore through it with phenomenal speed, leaving only the bones. The attacker was Eric. He was replenishing his energy while attacking.

A pole thrust pierced through the chest of a monkey and its owner pulled on it bringing the monkey close. His large brown furred palm grabbed the monkey's legs and pulled, causing it to be torn into two halves! The lower half was then hurled into a cavernous mouth and devoured. The upper half was trampled on, making it become unrecognisable.

Both Eric and Monki had moved about five hundred meters in front, slaughtering and devouring any monkey that appeared in the way. They had left a trail of blood and gore since about they killed about five monkeys per second!

Eric once again vanished to appear in front of another monkey which was in the middle of trying to launch itself off the stem of a banana plant. He spread his fingers and brought his right palm towards its face like he was going to grasp it. But as his palm was about to make contact, he felt a sense of danger!

He lowered his eyes only to see a fist heading towards his ribs! The monkey was counterattacking, and the fist would collide with his ribs at the same moment that his palm touched its head! Since he was in midair, he couldn't change his direction at such a fast speed!

Since he had been unconscious, he didn't have information about the monkeys and their special traits, besides, even the others had been caught off guard by their attacks with some ending up heavily injured.

'An eye for an eye, eh!' He smirked and folded his right leg, bringing his knee upfront to meet the punch. As the punch neared, the monkey visibly shrivelled while its arm bulged due to being infused with a large amount of energy. It was sacrificing itself in exchange for injuring him.

A burnt smell wafted out when his palm made contact with the monkey's face and his knee made contact with the punch. A shockwave was released when the knee collided with the punch and he was pushed back towards the ground. The monkey got off worse as it died from its brain being boiled inside its skull. His palm print was vividly etched on its face.

He crashed into the ground on his feet causing a crater. Even though he had reinforced his knee by channeling energy into the cells and making them stronger, he still felt a dull pain.

"Energy channeling, huh." He mumbled.

Monki arrived at his side chewing something in his mouth. Eric could hear bones cracking and breaking apart. The bones were like crackers in his mouth, too fragile!

"You got off easy." He said before charging towards the front. Even simply standing in one place consumed lots of energy, so it was better to attack.

Eric took this chance to look behind himself only to see the others also fighting. Mugumivu was also alive and well, except for a scar on his chest and a pale complexion.

"All of you pick up the pace!" He shouted before following behind Monki.

------

"Are you okay?" A white figure asked while dancing among multiple monkeys, leaving thin lines on their bodies. It was miss Njibwa, she was panting and appeared strained but didn't stop. She was fighting while guarding Mugumivu.

"I am okay. I was caught unprepared, but it won't happen again!" He said through gritted teeth but his heart still felt warmed by her concern. He was frustrated, he, with the greatest sensory organ among the party failed to capture the signs of an ambush! Unacceptable! He wanted to find a hole to crawl into. It was that embarrassing! 

(Chiiiii) 

A monkey had tried to attack her from the front and she had been forced to use her left wing to defend causing sparks to fly as the nails of the monkey collided with the wings. But she was still pushed away causing her to stagger backwards. It was taking a toll on her.

"Don't push yourself too hard." Mugumivu said while crushing a monkey's head between his two palms splattering brain matter everywhere. 

"Its okay, I haven't yet been forced to use genetic abilities." She continued fighting. A wisp of blood was on her lips. Her face was scrunched up. It was because of the raw meat. She was also eating in order to recover her energy. Everyone was doing it at this point, following Monki's lead.

Everyone, was not slacking off! They were tearing through the monkeys as if they were bitter enemies! Occasionally a monkey would try to surprise them, by launching a sneak attack through energy channeling, but they were well prepared. At most they got minor injuries.

"Fight! Fight! Fight!" Monki's voice caused vibrations in the air as he tore a monkey in half with only his hands. He was making his way to his staff, which had embedded itself in one of the banana plants with two monkeys skewered on it. His brown fur had been coated in blood due to how brutal he was fighting. Everything was a weapon, even his mouth, which he used to devour an attacking monkey when he jumped up to intercept its attack.

Everyone was fighting while pushing to the front. Their spirits were lifted when they heard his voice and they became even more ferocious.

------

"Send more! What the hell are you doing? Why are they getting closer?" The monkey with the opened eyes was shouting at its companions. It was jumping around as if it was being roasted on a pan.

"We are doing our best!" One of the ones with closed eyes shouted. They had gotten more thinner and more steam was coming out of their heads.

"These people are monsters! Monsters I tell you!" Another shouted. Even though its eyes were closed, its expression was one filled with terror!

"They are even using my clones to replenish their energy reserves!" Another with closed eyes also screamed. The situation had gotten out of hand and they had lost their previous calmness.

1