Chapter 98 Will
71 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

             RB Chapter 98 Will

Pah!

A drop of red blood slid down from a green bananba leaf and dropped onto the ground. It came from a piece of flesh hanging off of said leaf. 

 It was just one of the many, hanging off various leaves. Some were even embedded deeply inside the banana stems, a testament to the strength of the person who had performed such a feat.

On the ground, a trail of carnage could be seen heading further ahead. Torn bodies littered the ground, yellow fur suggested them to be the overlord of the forest, [The Collective]. Some were destroyed beyond recognition, while others appeared to have been killed with finesse. Monkey heads also dotted the ground like grotesque art pieces. Even in death, their eyes were emotionless! Blood had dyed the ground red and even made it mud-like.

The trail carried on for about a kilometer long and it was heading deeper into the plantation judging by the sounds of battle.

At the battlefield, beams of light were weaving through the yellow furred monkeys at such speed that before their bodies even showed any signs of damage, at least two more would have already been attacked!

Eric felt fatigue building up, battling for thirty straight minutes would take a toll on anyone afterall! Thirty minutes just to move one thousand meters! That was too slow! That was brought on by the monkeys being too many, too ferocious, and many using energy channeling! 

At the start, everyone would shout and talk, but now everyone was quiet! Eric had his lips pursed into a line and his mind was calm like water. For every monkey that threw itself at him, he used an efficient way to kill them, this slaughter allowed everyone to refine their battle experience! Every body part had become a weapon!

He elbowed a money that was trying to sneak up behind with his right arm while another was held by the neck in his left. He squeezed, crushing it and tossing it towards another monkey coming from the left. After that, he moved a few feet to the right causing a punch from the monkey to pass at the side, but before it could fully pass, he punched the monkey in the chest causing a hole to appear. The punch even threw it far away! He rotated on the spot and kicked another in the waist, cutting it in half with just his leg!

Monki's staff danced in his hands, any monkey that tried to get within five meters of his giant form was killed, except for the ones which he had to devour. A monkey had just tried to step into that zone when its arm vanished, before all of its body followed. It had been turned into meat paste! Many more suffered the same fate!

Sally had activated almost all the genes of the crocodile. Her mouth had elongated and a scaled tail was visible at her back. Every swing of said tail felled a monkey while her mouth bit and tore off large chunks of flesh, which she swallowed down. Her entire body was coated in blood, mostly that of her enemies but a few gashes here and there showed that some attacks had still made their way through her defenses. Though, her scales had done their work, as the injuries were minor.

Miss Njibwa was another who didn't have any injury on her except for the blood of her enemies. At first she had tried to make sure to evade the blood sprays so that she didn't stain her white body suit, but now, she was coated full of it. Only a few patches were still pristine. She rotated a feather in her hand and drilled a hole through the chest of a monkey. Another two were cut apart by her wings and a fourth one was cut in half, with blood spilling on her face!

All were fighting, well not exactly fighting, it was more of a slaughter, while pushing deep towards the center. 

Both Eric and Chloe had even stopped roasting the monkeys in favor of increasing their slaughtering speed.

"Retreat!" A voice commanded causing the monkeys to move back from the group, about ten meters. All the monkeys were at the front, none at the sides or the back. If they wanted, they could escape, but all were of one mind, to push deeper!

Most of them stumbled when the monkeys retreated. The exhaustion was catching up with them. No matter how many monkeys they devoured, exhaustion was the one thing they couldn't stop!

Eric took the chance to gaze at his surroundings, Dora was favouring her left arm, a sign of injury, gashes dotted Sally's body, the same as Mugumivu. Monki's body had shrunk a little, miss Njibwa was barely on her feet, just like Chloe.

But, they all had one thing in common, their gazes were firm and resolute! No one was showing any signs of weakness! They were glaring at the monkeys, ready for another bout! 

Monki's body at his side was releasing lots of steam but that didn't seem to matter. Even his pole, planted in the ground at his side to support his weight, was hot enough to evaporate the water in the blood that was coating it! Both he and Eric had been at the forefront, taking the most attacks! It was a given that they would be the most exhausted.

Flashes of electricity, which had vanished some time ago appeared on his body upon seeing their gazes. He was filled with pride upon seeing their unflinching gazes. If they survived this ordeal, they would be changed forever.

A few seconds later, four monkeys walked out from the others and stopped just five meters away from them. They were different from the rest. Everyone could feel that they were no longer soulless beings like the others.

"If you turn back and leave this plantation now, we won't pursue you." The left monkey at the end tried to make itself sound as if they had the upper hand.

"Hehehehehe...are you finally scared?" Monki's face broke into a terrifying grin. Blood was running down his brown fur in rivulets and pooling under his feet.

"No!" Another of the monkeys answered firmly. They had to show that they weren't at all scared, or these humans might get ideas.

"Oh! Do you really think we will just scram because you told us so? We must first see why you aren't allowing us to go deeper." Miss Njibwa said while inspecting the two feather blades in her hands. A baleful aura was leaking from her body. Even she, who had been a good person was currently leaking murderous vibes. These monkeys didn't know how to lie. Their legs were trembling minutely. They were terrified but were just pretending to have the upper hand.

"I have many more clones here. Do you understand? What I am losing here are merely clones!" A third monkey spread its arms as it gestured towards all the monkeys in the back. Its voice had trembled a little causing all of them to narrow their eyes.

A few glimmers of shock appeared deep in the eyes of Eric's group, but that was all.

"How can we stop when we have come this far? That would be a large blow to ourselves! Even if we die here, we will make it to the center! Besides, the more you bar our way, the more it seems like you are trying to hide something." Eric said. His words alone caused the electric arcs to increase in ferocity.

"But, I can see your exhaustion. Your muscles and bones are screaming from within your bodies due to the stress they have been subjected to, a natural reaction. They want to settle down. Plus due to speeding up your blood flow, your vessels must also have suffered a significant amount of damage."

"Oh, you seem to know a lot about the human body?" Sally tried to raise her arm to her face, only to realise something and drop it.

"I caught a human a few years ago and dissected his body for my studies." The fourth monkey was the one which answered this time. All of their voices, whether in pitch or way of talking, were the same.

"Is that why you can talk?" Dora asked.

"Yes. You humans are a curious race. I wanted to see what makes you different from mere monkeys like me."

"Oy! You have just degraded yourself!" Monki pointed out.

"Under normal circumstances, you should have ran the moment you realised to be no match for us...so I have come to the conclusion that there is something important to you deep in the forest and it can't be moved right now, or you are stalling for time until it can be moved, right?" Mugumivu said causing a drastic change in expression in all four of the monkeys.

"What? Did he hit the nail on the head?" Monki taunted.

"You should be aware that I still have many clones behind me! How long can you hold out under their incessant onslaught? You should leave while you still can?" All of the four monkeys shouted in agitation.

2