Chapter 99 Four Monkeys
73 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     RB Chapter 99 Four Monkeys

"Heh! You are the one who wants something from us, shouldn't you be more polite...like kneeling down and nicely asking?" Monki once again taunted, a grin on his face. These monkeys were funny. They still didn't know the ways of the world.

"Monki! We are consuming large amounts of energy just by standing here! Let's attack!" Eric decided to cut the chit chat short. These people were only still standing through sheer will, if their bodies were allowed to relax, even for an instant, their was no guarantee that they would be able to get up once again.

Eric turned into a blur and headed towards the four monkeys. He was travelling in a straight line, and before the monkey could react, he had appeared in front of it, bent his knees, and crouched, preparing to unleash a blow from under.

Before that happened though, he felt danger! Something was piercing through the air towards his face! He shifted his body slightly to the right and something passed through his shoulder and buried itself deep in the ground. A muffled groan escaped his lips.

He retreated and touched his wound. It was small, not even an inch wide, but what was terrifying was that the sharp object had even pierced through bone!

The monkey was still in the same place. It hadn't moved a muscle! 

'What was that?' He wondered with his eyes wondering all over its body, trying to find where and what had pierced his shoulder.

"That was a strand of fur." Monki's voice assuaged his doubts.

"Fur! And a strand!? That was a practically a needle! These monkeys have already incorporated other genes?" Eric was blown away!

"This is going to be troublesome. Now they have a long range attack, with energy channeling, the range can even reach 500m."

Eric spent a little energy and the vanished. His cells had multiplied and closed up the hole. It had been tiny and the energy expenditure was negligable. He once again went in to attack, this time more cautious.

Monki decided to follow behind him, taking long strides with his giant body, with his staff at the ready.

Eric circled around all the four monkeys at a fast speed trying to find their weaknesses. There were plenty of openings but he didn't dare take them. The reason being that if they launched multiple of strands of their fur, he might die instantly if any one of them struck a fatal point, his life would be forfeit. And, he was sure they could even launch all of them for an omnidirectional attack! That could only be blocked, not dodged!

Monki arrived at this time and smashed down with his staff. The monkey he was attacking appeared puny in his vision, like a giant viewing a normal human. The mental pressure brought about by such a thing was enough to make a normal person panic, but even though the monkey trembled, it didn't allow its panic to translate into carelessness. It shifted to the side by a step and rotated around on the spot before leaping towards Monki with one of its fists propped to punch.

Monki hurriedly retreated upon seeing the fur on its fist elongating into a spike. Even he, with his massive body would be heavily injured if he dared take that on! Both of them were channeling energy. 

Eric was still searching for a breakthrough point when a red blur appeared in front of another monkey, both its hands slashing from the left and right, pincering it in the middle. Miss Njibwa was highly concentrated upon the task. She hadn't infused all her energy into her hands to allow herself a method of retreat. The monkey being attacked lowered its knees and its height decreased causing the blades to pass through its previous position. It then launched towards her bosom, but she spun around as if she was dancing, causing it to miss and pass by her. When its foot touched the ground, it also spun around and sparks flew as it used one of its yellow furred hands to block a blade headed towards its head. Both it and miss Njibwa separated and regarded each other. That had appeared simple but it was hard! Any tiny mistake and death was the outcome!

Now, only two monkeys were left without opponents. The others behind them didn't attack causing all the other combatants to be alerted, not daring to move their gazes away.

Eric, seeing no breakthrough point, decided to take the risk and attack. Since the other monkeys were far away and these four were proving to be tough to bite into, they had no way of replenishing their lost energy. So he had to attack!

He appeared behind one of the monkeys and used his fastest speed to slash out with the edge of his palm towards its neck. Since he was using his fastest speed, everything had slowed down in his vision, he even saw one of the neck hairs of the monkey straightening up, but it appeared slow in his vision. The monkey wasn't going to be able to save its life.

'You are dead!'

Its head sailed through the air and he tore off an arm, devouring it immediately. He had just used up a lot of energy and if he didn't replenish it, he might just faint! He had been fast, too fast for anyone to react!

The moment the flesh reached the stomach, it was all turned into nutrients in a second and supplied to the rest of his cells without even moving further down!

Sparks flew as a yellow and red streak continuously collided. Miss Njibwa was going toe to toe with the monkey. No one had the upper hand at this time as she had to watch out for the yellow fur. The monkey could have lost already as it lacked the necessary battle experience and it couldn't keep up with the tricks of the human, but by launching an unexpected attack with its fur, it was managing to be on equal footing with her.

Monki, on the other hand was fighting a losing battle because of his giant body. The monkey was smaller, so it was using that to its advantage. It was constantly shifting its position and leaving injuries on his body, but it also didn't dare to take any one of his hits on, as that was impossible, so that battle was also going to take some time before anyone truly fell into a precarious situation.

Chloe had engaged the other free monkey and just a step behind Eric, she had beheaded it and was replenishing her spent energy.

"Watch out!" Dora shouted out from behind. Two more monkeys had jumped down from the banana plantations and were on their way to replace the dead ones.

Dora instantly appeared in front of one with her agility and slashed multiple times at different angles, causing the entire monkey to be cut into multiple pieces. Her ferocious way of attacking didn't give the monkey any time to react and her speed was only a little inferior to Eric's fastest. She jumped up and used her mouth to hold one, devouring it and licking her lips. Before the other pieces even touched the ground, they were all brought to her mouth with a swipe of her claws.

------

Fumu's heart was pounding against his chest, he and his companions were hiding behind the banana plants at the edge of the clearing. His head was peeking out at the five yellow monkeys surrounding a short banana plant in the middle. Sunlight was baring down on the five monkeys, but the temperature was the last thing on their minds.

If they had been calm, they might have noticed them, but now, the others were closing their eyes in total concentration, while the one with open eyes, was jumping around shouting at them. The four with closed eyes were thin and Fumu's special eyesight was seeing their muscle mass decreasing by the second.

'This is terrifying!' He thought while hiding behind the plant. He didn't dare breathe loudly as that alone might lead to their downfall. He was even considering whether he should find a way to calm his heart.

The other three were so scared that their bodies were trembling and sweat was running down their heads like water. 

This was all brought on by the legends which had been spread in their village. Stories and legends were a way to caution the young ones about the dangers of the wilderness in their village. Since young, their young minds had been fed with stories of terrifying creatures, and [The Collective] had been one of them.

They had been terrified to the point of losing sleep upon hearing such stories and now that one was right in front of them, that terror had been awakened!

'Those were just stories! There is no way that this normal looking monkey is that terrifying...right?' Fumu tried to stop himself from trembling but was failing miserably. The others were even in a worse state! Ntusi was rubbing his palms on his loin cloth repeatedly, while the other two were continuously rubbing sweat off their faces.

1