Chapter 104 Battling Fumu
66 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

RB Chapter 104 Battling Fumu

The momentum that he was moving at aided in his rolling speed. He had tucked his knees close to his chest and was rolling forwards.

'Shit!' He cursed upon feeling the strain on his bones and muscles in the form of pain. It was so unbearable that he grinded his teeth together.

After the dangerous feeling passed, he jumped up and continued running away. The minor injuries obtained weren't enough to impede his movement.

"Chloe!" He called while sparing some attention to his side. She grunted but he could see that a line of blood was running down the side her mouth. She had been injured, her face was a little pale, but she still gave him a smile filled with spirit. She didn't want to worry him as she knew that he definetly also sustained some injuries.

He became worried when he saw that his situation was a little bit better as he still had energy since he had just devoured that monkey. His cells were using that energy to repair the cracks in some bones and broken muscle tissue.

'She must escape! That guy will catch up to us. It will be better if I block him and give her time to escape.' He stomped on the ground heavily rotating his body to face the direction he had been running from causing his feet to skid along the ground for a few meters. Chloe stopped upon noticing that.

"Chloe, continue! I will hold him back." He said as a glimpse of the savage entered his eyes. He was going to keep him here! The others weren't powerful enough to give him worry, but he was! He stepped out of the depression caused by his feet and prepared himself for the arrival of what he took as the biggest threat to his life since that time.

"Why? You might die! We should at least fight together." She hurriedly tried to persuade him as she came near him. The fruit was still okay as she had cradled it when she rolled. Chloe was was right to worry. She had seen how he had acted terrified and irrational just by sensing something from a thrown stone!

"You lack the energy reserves! Besides, I don't plan to die here. You, on the other hand, are important to me, and I don't want you to die here because I don't know how I will be able to live with myself" He said firmly, but with a faint blush on his cheeks before presenting her with a smile. That cheesy line made him embarrassed, but it showed his feelings. Chloe chuckled at the cheesy line and a great weight was lifted off her chest. She felt as if she was in a cloud, due to the sweetness she felt.

"Please! I can keep up with him for a few minutes with my speed. If we keep running together, we will both end up exhausted and fall into their hands." He pleaded with her.

"Are you staying to fight?" Fumu asked as he licked his lips. He had arrived and was just 50m away. He slowed down and leisurely traversed that distance between them.

"Go!" Eric shouted turning all his attention towards Fumu. He was the second dangerous opponent he was going to face in his few months after his birth.

Fumu appeared about 20m away and didn't continue. He simply sized up Eric. Chloe took that chance to run away.

"Are you also after the fruit?" Eric asked, curious, as this savage hadn't shown any greed.

"It isn't that important since I don't know its effect, but I still think it will be better if it ends up in my hands, besides, one of my goals is fighting you. I want to test myself and the others aren't up to par." Fumu answered honestly. His body language and the look in his eyes suggested that he was going to keep attacking him, whether he liked it, or not!

Eric breathed in deeply, his heart was palpitating, but he was trying to calm down. He had to turn his fear into strength! Any mistakes, here might cost him his life after all.

'I must keep him here and not allow him to go after Chloe.'

"Boy, since I deem you worthy, I will kill you first, before going after that woman." Eric's eyes flickered at that. That was a good thing. As long as he could delay him here, Chloe will have a higher chance of escaping.

'I need to end it in just a few minutes.' Before his brain even completed that thought, he had already sped towards Fumu, leaving a trail of ionised air in his wake. Electric arcs were lighting up his black scales.

Reaching five meters away, a horizontal sweep of the spear greeted him, causing his momentum to stall for a moment before abruptly forcing his legs to jump back, out of range. But that alone wasn't enough for him to guarantee his life! 

He bent his body and leaned so far back, that his back was practically a few inches away from the ground! His cautiousness paid off as a wind blade passed by, above him, causing another horizontal cut to the banana plants.

'Too close!' His palmsnhitbtge ground, pushing his body back into an upright position.

Another sense of danger invaded his mind upon regaining his balance and he caught sight of the spear smashing down from above, with such force that he felt the wind assaulting his face. Fumu was trying to overwhelm him with attacks, giving him no time to think.

'Hey! Hey!' He hurriedly took a step to his left and spun his entire body like a spinning top, gathering momentum and leaping towards Fumu.

He clenched his fist and prepared to throw a punch. He used his spinning body to add weight to the punch.

His muscles were tense and electrical sparks were slithering across his entire body forming a mesh, a mesh especially concentrated on his left fist!

A crack appeared in the ground when Fumu's spear missed, extending almost 20m in front! He sensed a trace of danger when the spinning Eric appeared.

"Yah!" Eric shouted when he appeared within range and punched. It was so fast, that the electrical sparks ignited the air and his fist burned. It was like a burning meteor crashing down from outer space!

The punch collided with the spear, causing all sound to vanish before a shockwave spread from the center of the collision and pushed away the banana plants which had still been standing, though they had already been slashed in half from Fumu's earlier slash. The shockwave pushed them with such force that, they were moved off their stumps and hurled almost ten meters away!

The four monkeys and Monki's group, who had been trailing behind were forced to come to a stop when the shockwave reached them. It pushed them back and pelted them with fallen banana leaves, soil and small stones.

A sound entered Eric's ears and a crack appeared on the bone spear causing a drastic change in Fumu's expression. The cracks spread along then length of the shaft, and Eric's plasma coated punch broke through, scattering bone fragments, proceeding to land on Fumu's right cheek. But the most peculiar thing happened, the plasma was scattered, causing only his raw fist to impact Fumu's skin, hurling him backwards leaving grooves in the ground.

Eric didn't slow down at all! The moment his feet touched the ground, he turned into a blue streak, surpassing even the speed at which Fumu was skidding away!

He appeared above Fumu and aimed a vertical kick towards the helpless savage. The kick also had a thin layer of plasma coating it. Fumu only managed to use his arms to block before Eric's leg made contact, burying him into the ground! Once again, the plasma had been scattered!

(Boom!) an explosion rocked the plantation and a crater was formed!

'He managed to scatter the electricity.' Eric thought calmly as his gaze stayed fixed on the cloud of dust rising from the crater. He had jumped away, putting himself a few meters away from the crater.

Fumu, had used his brain waves to interfere with the electrical field surrounding the parts that he used when attacking, preventing his electrocution! It also had an effect of pushing away electromagnetic waves, causing the plasma to be repelled.

'When will I become like him?' Eric became envious.

Something cut through the air and appeared infront of him from the crater.

Eric had still been alert, so he hit the guy's hand, causing his punch to go wide, but a leg still kicked his way, prompting him to raise his knee in defense.

A right punch to the face, prompted him to shift a little. He also launched attacks of his own, causing their battle to transform into a brawl! Eric's attacks were coated with electricity, lethal to normal energy channellers, but were proving ineffective on his opponent.

In every punch and every kick, their full strength was being used! Eric felt the guy's power first hand! It was strong! His combat experience, rich! For every punch and every kick that made contact with Fumu's body, the ionised air was being scattered into the surrounding air.

'He's too strong! And he is still even improving! He is using me as a sparring partner to grow!?' Eric became bewildered! He was starting to feel as if the brawl was causing him to become weaker, for every second that it lasted!

2