Chapter 105 Battling Fumu (2)
88 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  RB Chapter 105 Battling Fumu (2)

Fumu was indeed improving, by coating his body in electromagnetic waves, in the form of a shield, he was managing to prevent the electricity from affecting his movements. He was even surprised that it was dealing with the plasma. Of course, that didn't mean that he was getting away without any problems. The plasma had very high temperatures, that even when scattered, he couldn't get rid of the heat that assaulted his skin. Burns had appeared in some places on his skin, and even his hair was singed, some parts even being burned off entirely giving him a dishevelled wild appearance.

'Let me try this.' Fumu thought as he defended another attack. He concentrated some of those electromagnetic waves on his arm and threw a punch. Eric, having defended against multiple attacks, didn't sense anything amiss and decided to take it on his right shoulder. Some scales had dents on them showing that he was being pushed to even use his shoulder to tank some of the attacks. Having only a single usable hand was proving to be his downfall.

When it landed, he felt his mind quake and he hurriedly jumped away! And his control of his cells weakened, causing the electrical snakes which had been slithering across his body to vanish momentarily.

'Damn it all! He has even mastered that?' Eric felt like cursing! Even though the punch alone was strong, it hadn't been lethal enough to cause physical damage. But it had caused his brainwaves to go out of wack, like being hit with a hammer on the head!

By impacting another person with your concentrated brainwaves, there was a chance of causing a stunning effect in the best case scenario, death in the worst case! It was like an electromagnetic attack, targeting the brain.

Eric wiped away the blood from his ears upon putting some distance between them. Good thing Fumu didn't attack as he was caught in a daze. 

"Oh my God!" A voice came from behind Fumu, attracting his gaze.

Monki's group, the monkeys and the other savages had finally caught up, but the sheer destruction of the place blew their minds! Severed banana stems were scattered away from Eric and Fumu, even their stumps had been dredged up by the shockwave, exposing their roots. Dust was floating everywhere, and sunlight had managed to fall on this part of the plantation once again exposing the rotting leaves and stems on the ground. The heat from the sun caused a putrid stench to rise up from the rotting matter.

"Where is the banana fruit?" The monkeys asked. Shock had only briefly appeared in their eyes, but the fruit was more important in their eyes. It was a fruit which could make one evolve to the next level afterall! They still didn't know what level it was, and they had so far never met anyone who had reached there.

Eric ignored them all and once again focussed back on Fumu who was still caught in a daze. 

"So thats also possible!" Fumu exclaimed after a minute. His voice caused the people behind him to be startled as it had been too high. A joyous expression added a bit of color to his face, this was genuine, unlike that fake grin that always adorned his face. He had just figured out a new form of attack. Though it was just an idea, it would add more tricks to his arsenal after completion.

'I can only fight at full capacity for another 4 minutes. After that, I will become a fish in the chopping board. He must also have a window in which he is capable of maintaining high intensity combat.' Eric was wondering whether he would be able to outlast the guy. 

"Hahahahahaha....Eric, I am improving! Let's continue!" Fumu's burning gaze settled on him. He didn't spend any energy to grow new hair or repair the damage to his skin. It would a waste, and might even lead to his defeat. Even though he was enjoying this battle, and he was gradually overpowering his opponent, he didn't want to become complacent! Arrogance and complacency would lead to his defeat!

Eric flickered and appeared in front of Fumu. His left palm straightened and he slashed towards Fumu's neck horizontally. Electricity crackled and plasma was created at the edge, this time even hotter!

'Let's see if you will be able to scatter this.' He wanted this fight to end faster. The longer it dragged on, the more energy he was losing. The more energy he lost, the less he would be able to guarantee his survival.

Fumu took a step back and the palm passed a few inches away from his face, but it still scorched the skin on his cheek, causing his face to gain one more burn.

His face didn't even register any kind of change in expression, it was like he was immune to pain!

When his slash missed, his arm was gripped. A look of pain appeared on Eric's face when he felt the vice like grip of Fumu's hands. They were too strong, but not rough as any dead skin cells weren't given any time to accumulate on his palms.

'Shit!' Eric knew that he had just come face to face with peril! He tried activating the electrocytes in the part that was being grabbed, but no electric arcs appeared, even though the cells were vigorously rubbing together!

His hand was pulled and a punch made contact with his stomach, causing his face to pale and a trickle of blood to run down the side of his lips. Before he could even think of retaliating, consecutive blows connected causing his lips to part and blood to spray out. Every blow was deadly, the vibrations passing through his scales were shaking the organs so much that he felt a few pieces even breaking off.

For the last punch, Fumu let go and concentrated all his electromagnetic waves before punching out! Eric, even amidst of pain, instinctively felt that this punch wasn't simple! The moment before it made contact with his skin, he released a pulse of energy from his brain, which travelled far faster than even Fumu's punch.

It collided with his body causing him to become dazed and the electromagnetic waves concentrated on his arm to unravel.

The punch connected, this one heavier than the others managing to push his stomack all the way into his back bone, causing his face to pale and spit out another mouthful of blood while midair as his body was launched over twenty meters away! He used his feet to try and stop his momentum, causing marks on the ground.

"Puh!" Eric spat out another time when he came to a stop. He used his left arm to try and wipe away the blood on his lips.

'I was careless!' He could feel that some of his organs had sustained extensive energy from the blows. Diverting a bit of energy to heal them was going to cut down on the time that he could sustain combat.

"What was that?" Fumu asked the moment he regained his senses. Since he had removed all his defenses from his head, the pulse had managed to stun him into a daze.

Eric kept quiet and simply prepared himself for what was to come. In battles like this, any lapse in concentration might prove fatal!

The moment the his eyes captured a minute fluctuation in Fumu's muscles, he entered the highest of alerts.

It proved he had been right as a punch was headed towards his right shoulder. He used his palm, parrying it to the side by hitting the side of Fumu's hand. But Fumu wasn't done, he kneed him with his right foot. It connected with his stomach, but Eric gritted his teeth and punched the guy in the ribs...

------

A blue streak, leaving electric sparks in the air was was passing through the plantation with unstoppable speed. Anything in its path, from fallen banana plants to the upright ones, couldn't impede it. It rose upwards when it encountered a fallen plant and it also curved past the standing ones. Except for a swooshing sound created when it passed by due to a collision with the air, no other sound was heard. If it passed by and someone failed to see it, they would simply take it as a breeze.

Soil and dust rose as skid marks appeared on the ground as it slowed down. When it came to a full stop, the figure was exposed.

A head full of short black silky hair reaching the upper tips of her ears, electric blue pupils, a slightly normal face with its own charm and black scales covering her body from the neck down.

Who else could it be if not Chloe! Her breasts, covered with shimmering black scales bounced a little due to her abrupt stop. 

Her face was full of wrinkles from the worry eating away at her mind.

Will he okay? Will he survive? Won't he die? Why did I leave? Should I go back? But what if I become a burden? If he dies I might regret it! Such thoughts were eating away at her. Even in her thoughts, her eyes were staring at the yellow bananas in her hands.

"If this is a treasure, then, can it give me enough power to contend with that guy?" She mumbled out the question. Too many uncertainties! This treasure wasn't even mature according to the monkeys. She didn't even know if there were any dangers to the human body...

She hesitated, not just with consuming the fruit, but also with the other thoughts in her mind.

"What do I do?" She kicked at the soil and passed a hand through her hair in frustration. After that, she paced around in the clearing.

Merry xmas

1