Chapter 106 Battling Fumu (3)
92 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

            RB Chapter 106 Battling Fumu (3)

"If I go back, I should be cautious, probably hide in the surrounding, and look for an opening!" Her eyes brightened as she got an idea causing her feet to stop in place.

"I should wait for that savage to let down his guard and then give him a fatal blow! That will be helpful to him!" The more she talked, the more she found that that idea was plausible.

"I should also watch out for the others, mostly those monkeys, if they discover me, it will be all over!" The wrinkles which had been on her face smoothened. She had resolved herself to help...no matter how tiny the help might be, it would still be better than running away.

-------

Eric and Fumu were exchanging hundreds of moves in a minute, an average of around 15 per second! The crowd was only managing to capture a blue streak and a brown blur moving around in the clearing. Their stray attacks alone were causing them to scurry around like rats being chased by cats.

One of the stray attacks, had managed to sever the arm of one of the monkeys, which prompted the crowd to become more cautious!

Eric was currently in a bind, the electrical arcs that courted his attacks were being scattered upon making contact with any part of Fumu's body, only the physical aspect was being transmitted. But, Fumu had grown up in the wilderness, training his body since a young age, it was different from Eric's body which had just arrived into this world a few weeks ago. His attacks weren't causing any substantial damage, while Fumu's were managing to dent his scaly armor. Some scales had even shattered, exposing his skin.

His organs were suffering from the remnant force of his blows, causing the current pale visage of his expression. But Fumu's attacks were relentless, like riding a tiger, he couldn't find any chance to retreat and give his body time to settle a bit.

Another punch in the gut forced him to spit out blood this time, it even contained a few pieces of flesh! It forced him to take a step back, allowing Fumu to kick horizontally towards his head. When the kick connected, he used his left hand to lock it in place and rotated on the spot, hurling Fumu's body away with a grunt!

Fumu was hurled over 20m away and became embedded into one of the banana stems.

Another mouthful of blood came out of Eric's mouth. His body was in a sorry state, many grooves looking like fist and leg imprints were dotting his scale armor. He was panting and the sides of his mouth were full of blood stains. Sweat had caused his hair to plaster itself on the side of his head. The electrical mesh which had been vigorously winding around his body was down to only a few lightning snakes.

'He's too strong!' He praised in his mind, his gaze still in the direction where he had hurled Fumu's body. His entire body had been aching so much that he had been forced to shut off the sensation of pain, in order not to hinder his movements.

Eric had failed to find any signs that Fumu was being strained due to energy consumption in their exchange! That was causing him to worry! He wanted to use some unconventional moves to end the battle, but they were not going to work if the guy wasn't weakened!

His entire body was at a high temperature causing steam to escape through the pores, a state brought upon by the high speed movement of blood through his vessels and the friction in the joints.

"You! Did you know that your leader was that strong?" Monki asked one of the savages. Coincidentally, it was Ntusi, who had been staring at the battle with his mouth open.

"...no." He answered subconsciously with his mind still in a daze.

"It seems like we were the frogs at the bottom of the well." Monki lamented. Their power had terrified him! And for some reason, electrical sparks had been surrounding the battling duo like an eggshell, causing him to wonder what it was.

'Plus, that guy! Is he a monster, or what? How can he only get such minor burns when he is making contact with plasma? How!?' Due to their speed, even Monki failed to capture the phenomenon of plasma being scattered.

"So, that is the next level!?" All the people were attracted to the direction where that statement came from. It was one of the monkeys, which had lost its composure and blurted out.

"The next level? As...in, the next evolutionary stage?" Sally asked curiously.

"What is the next level?" Even Mugumivu became interested.

"I don't know! All I know is that it exists! And I want to teach it!" The monkey clenched its hands. It's eyes were burning as it stared at the banana stem Fumu was embedded in. It's instincts were telling it that that human had achieved the next level.

-----

A figure was creeping along the edges of the battle field, making very littke sound, using the shadows cast by the banana leaves as cover. She had even deactivated the electrocytes as the electric sparks were capable of attracting attention. She peeked out a little into the clearing upon reaching its edge and saw the sorry state of Eric who was facing her. Of course he hadn't noticed her as his gaze was on the plant right in front of the one she was hiding behind. It was the one Fumu was embedded in.

Chloe felt her heart become heavy when she saw the sorry state of Eric.

'I am going to make sure that savage pays!' She clenched her fists and anger appeared in her previously placid eyes.

After some time, she calmed down, but her gaze had become colder. Rage, an emotion rare for her, was bubbling up inside of her and she was just waiting to unleash it.

------

Fumu, managed to detach himself from the banana plant, his body appeared no better than that of Eric. To the observer, it might have even appeared as if he was in a more perilous state than Eric. The reason was related to the burns covering his skin. They were so hideous that the women and some men in the group watching the battle were averting their gazes, and some were even holding onto their mouth to prevent their stomachs from emptying their contents. What had been glistening skin, covering up those well toned abs had become unsightly to the point of being capable of inducing vomiting.

'2 minutes and 20 seconds have passed since I entered this state, right now...I think...I have about 30 more seconds before my entire energy is exhausted.' Eric calculated in his mind, his eyes flickering while locked onto Fumu. This battle was drawing in his limited energy reserves and if all were exhausted, even if he won, he wouldn't be capable of saving himself from that crowd behind.

'I need to end this now!' He thought as he dashed towards Fumu.

'My chance is about to come!' Chloe also gained such a thought as he looked at Fumu's back. She was.even biting into her lower lips.

Eric straightened his palm, and the nails at the tip of his fingers except the thumb, elongated. An electric net shrouded the palm before ionising all the air around to form something like a plasma glove around the entire palm. It even coated the nails forming a sharp blade.

Fumu, frowned a little at the attack. He could feel a sense of impeding doom from it!

Eric appeared instantly before him and kicked with his right leg, causing Fumu's attention to shift away. He had thought that Eric was going to attack with that palm blade from the get go, so it was surprising that a horizontal kick was the one appearing.

His toes dug into the ground, and he leaped back causing the electric clad foot to pass by. Eric wasnt even fazed that he missed, instead he leveraged on the momentum of the kick and spun around in place.

His left foot, which had still been on the ground applied a little bit of force, shattering the ground, and his spinning body was launched into the air towards Fumu, once again, the right leg, heading towards him. The momentum from the rotation had even made it more dangerous than before!

He arched his head a bit back and the foot passed by, with only inches to spare, but he crossed his palms infront of his chest and an impact to them caused him to take a step back. Once the right leg had missed, Eric had used his left to kick towards the guy's chest. Due to the rotation, his back had been to Fumu, causing it to look like he had kicked backwards.

His palm was still coated in the plasma. He wanted to create an opening, allowing him to cause a severe injury in one go.

Eric didn't hesitate, or pause, the moment his feet touched the ground, with his left foot as the pivot, he spun in place. He dashed towards Fumu, attacking in a multitude of ways with his legs causing him to dodge, or defend.

'Why isn't he attacking? Is he preparing some sort of sure kill blow?' A trace of caution was born in his mind and he subconsciously decided to prevent himself from throwing attacks that were full of openings for the guy to exploit.

'What is he doing? Is he preparing something? Or did he manage to discover me and is laying a trap?' Chloe also became worried. That thought caused ripples to appear in her otherwise calm facade. If the savage had managed to sense her, then everything would be for naught! She decided to hold off on ambushing him and see what game he was playing at. Even if he discovered her, there is no way he would be able to remain passive in the face of Eric's attacks forever since he was wasting energy.

2