Chapter 107 Fumu’s Death
63 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

       RB Chapter 107 Fumu's Death

Eric activated his all spectrum eyes, trying to capture anything weird that was happening within Fumu's body, but he had no choice but to deactivate them in the next second, because his eyes would have been damaged.

The guy had a field around his body, composed of multiple electromagnetic waves. They were entangled around his body and he appeared to be waiting to unleash them! The convergence of tge waves had caused an overload in the amount of information his eyes were taking in! Eric hadn't noticed, but now that he saw those waves, he managed to see a look of total concentration on Fumu's face.

'He is manipulating all the waves at the same time! Does he want to kill himself?' Eric wondered, shocked at the boldness of the savage. This was basically a suicidal path no sane person would opt to take!

'Why?...wait! He has no knowledge like the rest of us, who grew up in cities, so he can't figure out what those waves are! That's why he is trying to control so many!' Eric's eyes lit up. 

The people who decided not to join cities due to a multitude of reasons had regressed to the point that they even lacked a basic educational system. The reason was simply because they always had to prioritise ways to become stronger in order to survive the harsh harsh wilderness. The trade off was that they were always stronger than the city dwellers, but lacked knowledge in various things. That brought about the current situation of Fumu attempting something risky.

'Hahahahahaha...the gods have given me a chance! As expected of a savage. Your downfall is going to come from your own making and ignorance!' Eric didn't dawdle upon figuring it out. He dashed out and appeared to Fumu's left in an instant! His face was adorned with an elated smile, as if everything was finished.

The moment he appeared, a barely detectable ripple came out of his body and collided with all the waves Fumu was trying to control, causing his face to pale, his reaction speed slowing for half a second.

His left palm took this chance to slash at the guy's neck. Fumu, sensing a danger to his life, tried to arch his head back...

'This is my chance!' Chloe's eyes had electric sparks light up in them causing them to brighten! Not only that, she instantaneously activated all the electrocytes on her skin and turned into a blue streak and instantly appeared behind Fumu. She had been so fast, that no one even managed to capture her motions! This was the result brought about by the activation of her entire energy reserves.

The moment she paused at his back, her body appeared in all its glory, black scales covering every inch of it and electrical snakes, three inches thick slithering across her body, making her appear like a thunder goddess. Her hair was even trailing behind her back, tiny electrical arcs slithering across its length between the strands. Her blue eyes filled with so much

Fumu's head sailed through the air while a hand simultaneously made an exit out the front of his chest.

'Huh!' Eric was shocked upon catching the black scaled figure with the menacing electrical arcs. He hurriedly withdrew upon sensing their lethality.

After Eric's speedy withdrawal, electrical arcs slithered out of the hand in Fumu's chest and fried the insides of his body to a crisp.

"Chloe!" Eric finally managed to utter out the name, shock thick in his voice. She had the sane features as himself, black scales along the skin, and electric arcs, thicker than his, slithering along her entire body.

Chloe gave him a smile with a turn of her head. She was happy that she had managed to help. The scales had sunk back into her skin, only the ones on her face.

Though, in the next minute, her expression took a drastic change towards the dark as she felt an energy surrounding Fumu's body. It was an energy field, so unstable that it was about to collapse. It was also interfering with her electrical arcs, causing some of them to circle around in the air around Fumu's body.

'Shit!' She cursed before hurriedly pulling out her hand and retreating to almost 10m away.

'What's wrong?' Eric also directed his eyes towards the headless body only for him to see electrical arcs swimming in the air arount it. It was like a field and it was expanding and accumulating more arcs.

Eric hurriedly appeared at a Chloe's side, whose face had become pale. She had used up all her energy in that attack! Right now, she was even barely standing!

"What...what is that?" She asked. Her voice was trembling. She could sense a lethal threat. She sensed a threat to her life from that energy field surrounding the body.

"He tried to do the unthinkable with his limited knowledge." Eric's face was also starting to turn pale. The relaxation after such a high stakes battle was bringing along all the pain and tiredness that had accumulated on his body.

The energy bubble, now visible in the form of a distortion in the air, with electrical arcs swimming inside reached 5m in diameter and it was still expanding. When it made contact with the ground, the ground became hot, before melting into a pool of molten soil.

'Is it assimilating all the waves in the surrounding?' Eric wondered. This was the first time that such an anomaly had appeared.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! What's that?" Monki's loud voice came from afar"

"How could you have been able to kill Fumu? What trick did you use?" Ntusi, the other savage asked. His face was masked in fury. That fury was almost entirely directed at Chloe as she had been the one who performed a sneak attack. Since his eyes hadn't managed to keep up with their battle, he thought that her sneak attack was the one which had caused Eric to behead Fumu easily. He was also blaming himself as he had failed to capture the scent trails of the woman since he had been too focused on the battle.

Fatigue and the electromagnetic anomaly prevented Chloe and Eric from answering. They were even leaning in each other for support now. 

"Where are the fruits?" Eric asked in a low voice. They were currently very important, as they were the only things capable of keeping this crowd at bay.

"I have hidden them. I did it beforehand." She answered. They were both wondering what the anomaly was. More and more electrical bolts were accumulating within it. Fumu's body, which had been in the center was surrounded by a thin sheet of plasma, obstructing their senses, but they were both sure that it was burning.

Of course, they didn't forget to keep a wary glance towards the crowd, especially the monkeys. They were quiet and were staring into the electrical field with flickering eyes, causing a person to wonder what was passing through their minds.

"Should we run?" Chloe asked. The sense of danger emanating off this electrical field was increasing with each passing second.

"Yes we should. But first, direct me towards the hidden fruit. Those people aren't going to give up that simply." 

"But we don't know the effects...we haven't tested it yet!" Chloe protested.

"It will still be better than dying without a chance to fight back!" Eric emphasized. He was at least 70% sure that there was no danger to consuming the fruit, and he didn't want to eat it without testing it...but these people weren't giving him any choice. Monki's group came later, but they must have wanted a piece of the fruit too, and they weren't the trustworthy kind who wouldn't stab him in the back if he chose to work with them.

"In order to have a chance of survival, I...no, we! Need to eat the fruit." Eric tried to patiently cajole her. The crowd was still focused on the anomaly.

"Look at them. Right now they are still occupied, but once their attention shifts back, we will be in peril!"

"Okay." Even Chloe could see that it was going to be tough to ensure their lives if those people regained themselves.

"I hid them about two meters behind us." She whispered. Since they were leaning on each other due to energy deprivation, no one managed to capture their conversation.

-----

"I wonder what that is." Sally's calm voice was heard among the group. For some reason, or another, they were near the monkeys and they had temporarily forgotten about their previous battle.

"The next level." The four monkeys subconsciously answered, their eyes sparkling with a fanatical light as they stared at that bubble.

"The next level? What is that? Is it a higher evolutionary state from energy channeling?" Monki, his sliver staff resting in his shoulders and one of his hands hanging off it asked. All the humans in the group were curious, even the savages.

But the monkeys were too engrossed in their thoughts and excitement to answer.

'Could those fruits be the key?' Such a random thought passed through all their minds. They had managed to gather that the fruits were probably important to the monkeys for that reason.

1