Chapter 110 Separating
76 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          RB Chapter 110 Separating

'I can feel rage churning in my chest urging me, asking me to release it. But I also feel calm, like a lake without any ripples. Its conflicting. But I also feel it. Power! Power beyond my wildest imagination coursing through my entire body! My cells are cheering at the feeling, like they have been unshackled.'

'I, at most have 3 seconds of activation before it goes back into dormancy due to a lack of energy, but this feeling of being all powerful is exhilarating!'

'The more I use this form, the more amazed I am of my mother!'

'All of them are terrified of me, well of course they are! But they shouldn't be because they would also take on the forms of their genes if they activate them fully.' He thought when he saw their gazes. 

To him, everything appeared slow, too slow to the point that he could kill all the people here in under a second! An entire second hadn't even passed from all those thoughts of his.

'Let's see. The first priority should be recovering energy, but a single monkey is insufficient...trying to devour more will just waste my time, so maybe its time to see what the fruit does.' 

He vanished and reappeared in the same place. But there was an additional thing in his only arm, a bunch of bananas, bright yellow that they even surpassed the sun's rays in attraction. 

Actually, right now, he was even capable of manipulating his brain waves, something currently only possible in this form. He could sense all the waves in a five meter radius around himself! But this was still only temporary! 

But if he devoured the fruit, he can gain the ability to manipulate them even without this form.

'Now that I can sense the waves, I can see that this fruit has a lot of energy inside! Just one banana is equal to the amount of energy inside one monkey!' That alone was enough to shock him. He probably could have also seen that energy if he had used his all-spectrum eyes, but he had been too busy that he hadn't had the chance to check.

'I will eat two, give Chloe two, and one will be kept for research.' He thought as he plucked two and devoured them, peels and all.

Boom!

His mind quaked! It was the same sensation as when his rage activated this form. The people who had still been holding on had no choice but to collapse onto the ground from the increased mental pressure.

Eric's mind felt as if it had been liberated, and for a moment he had a thought that he was floating in the clouds.

'Hahahahaha...I can sense everything down to the tiniest cell, I feel they can even be manipulated!' A feeling of elation overtook him.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaah!" He hadn't had any thought of taking in his surroundings yet when a roar of unwillingness attracted his attention.

"Hmm!?" He was surprised upon seeing the scene around him. Practically all the lifeforms, from the barbarians to the monkeys had all fainted except for one, Mugumivu! Even Chloe hadn't survived the second dose of pressure.

Mugumivu was in the middle of straining to push himself off the ground and stand up, but it was to no avail!

The pressure didn't target the body, only the brain, specifically the magnetic field of the brain. So there was no reason as to why he should have been straining himself as if his entire body was under the pressure!

The reason it appeared like that was his brain itself. It was being affected to such a level that it gave him the illusion that his entire body was under the pressure's effect!

His eyes were bleeding out, just like his ears and mouth. All the others had also bled out in the same way.

"Sorry." Eric apologised silently before retracting his mental domain. When he did, even Mugumivu finally collapsed. Being relieved of the tension had caused his body to relax and slip into unconsciousness.

"Now, to take care of the trash." He turned towards the unconscious body of Ntusi, sticking out of the banana stem. 

He appeared before him and pulled him out by gripping one of his feet. He didn't even hesitate, or wake him up. He severed the head from the body with his claws and tossed both away.

He appeared by Chloe's side,and helped her onto his back. He then tucked the three bananas under the arm pit of his other unusable arm and dashed off. He didn't even look back.

While he was running, his diamond scales retracted, the horns too and the transformation became undone. Even a second in the transformation consumed too much energy, plus if it was all exhausted how was he going to recover the cells which had been devoured?

The direction he had picked was still north, but he tweaked it a little bit to make it so that he would at some point meet with the road they had left behind.

'I can feel it! All the waves one meter around me. I can at least try to manipulate some. With my all-spectrum eyes, that will be simple!'

He was beyond excited! He had finally achieved what he had wanted all along! All the previous frustrations had turned into joy for the moment.

He travelled such a long way that he finally found the edge of the plantation and exited it into a field of tall grass. It was everywhere and he could even sense multiple creatures hiding inside it.

'These will be the experiments.' His eyes lit up. Who didn't want to test their newly gained abilities! This was one of the few times that he showed that he was still a teenager. His face had a carefree smile. Even though he had just passed through a life threatening ordeal, he pushed it to the back of his mind.

-----

At the side of the road heading north, the light of the sun had just sank into the horizon, heralding the start of the night.

A fire, blazing with ferociousness was burning, spreading sparks and embers into the atmosphere.

Two figures, one male and the other, female, were sitting opposite each other, with the camp fire in between. 

"Why are you still hang up on it?" The male asked. It was Eric who had an expression of exasperation written all over his face, prodding the flames, by adjusting the wood.

"But, I am the older one, the one with the most experience! I should have been the one to save you!" Chloe shouted. Since she had her head tucked into her knees, the voice didn't carry far as it had been muffled.

This started an hour ago after she had awakened. She had panicked upon learning that she had been saved by Eric. To her, he was still a sixteen year old boy, while she, a grown woman. Not to mention that she had been in more battles than even Eric could count on his fingers! How could it be that she had allowed herself to be saved by him?

Her outburst made them spend a few minutes in silence. Only the crackle of the wooden sticks livened up the night. A breeze, carried from afar, caused the tall grass by the side to sway.

'Those people didn't follow. Now that I have recovered, I don't fear them.' Eric raised his head and his gaze reflected the stars.

"Sorry!" A word, low enough to almost pass for a whisper entered his ears. 

"I am sorry for shouting at you." Chloe repeated. She had raised her face and was staring straight at him when he took his gaze away from the night sky and looked over.

"Its okay! I don't blame you." He shrugged.

"I wanted to be the one to save you. For you to rely on me, and not the other way around..."

"...after all, I am the only person you have left." Her words got softer towards the end, but he managed to pick them up.

"..." He was at a loss for words.

"I don't mean that you always have to lean on me, but doing it occasionally is also good." She corrected herself.

"That would be good...but, I have to be strong! I must get revenge, try to find my mother...I still haven't figured out any more steps after that." Eric answered, a look of weariness on his face.

The light from the flames made it visible to Chloe. She felt her heart shattering into pieces when she saw it. 

'At his age, he should have still been at school, making friends, but look at where he is! Even though the rebellion benefited the many, what about the few, like Eric?' She asked herself that. She also turned her gaze up to the stars, wondering if there was a solution.

Once again the atmosphere fizzled back into silence.

"Chloe, do you have a dream, in other words something you would like to do in the future?" Eric asked after what seemed like a long time.

"Dream...I had one, to surpass Baguma, but he died, and the organisation I joined betrayed me, so I am just like an aimless person."

"So far, I still haven't even thought about it yet."

"What do you say about starting your own organisation?" Eric asked.

"Heh...something like that doesn't suit me." She scoffed.

"I don't want to lead a bunch of people and sit around managing documents. I am just not cut out for that."

"Then what do you like?" He continued.

2