Chapter 111 Weird Person
73 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

           RB Chapter 111 Weird Person

"Battle! Putting my life on the line, going toe to toe with the most skilled experts and beasts! That's what gets my blood pumping!" After that answer, she painted heavily. Eric could tell that she was excited. 

'She was made for battle.' That was the conclusion he reached.

'But what about me? What is it that can get my blood pumping?' He asked himself.

He tried forming images of all the exciting things but none caused even a skip in his heartbeat. Not even the possibility of revenge! 

Actually, to him, revenge was just another task he had to complete and move on to other things. He didn't consider it that important.

'Now that I think about it, I only felt guilty because I escaped instead of dying with them. I have never truly felt that I needed to get revenge for them! It was all just an excuse!' He contemplated as he leaned back and laid on the cold hard ground.

All the pelt bags and what not had been lost and abandoned. Even the meal that they had just had, came from one of the creatures he had experimented on with his newly gained powers.

"I want to have something which makes my heart race, just like you, but I can't find it." He said.

"Don't worry, you are still young and time is on your side. Eventually, you will." Since he was on his back, he couldn't catch a glimpse of Chloe.

"It would have been if I was still capable of having a normal life."

"That is...also true. I had forgotten." Chloe felt awkward.

"This race thing to determine the position of who is going to become a high executive in the Black Diamond Group, I am thinking of pulling out."

"What? Why? This is one of the super organisations on the continent! Joining it can only bring about benefits!" Chloe shouted.

"You seem to know a lot about it." Eric made that statement.

"I know enough to know that its scary!" Chloe shivered as if she had just remembered something horrible.

"Even if I become a higher executive, I will only be a lower member. If I want to be promoted, I will have to expose my strength...and I believe that woman's motives aren't simple." He mumbled, remembering the scene of that beautiful woman's hologram.

"I have limited information, so I don't know if what you are saying is true, or not." Frustration appeared in her voice.

"Don't worry, I will continue on...like a zombie. But if something else interests me, then I will drop out of this race." He said nonchalantly.

He heard her sigh, but there was no way he was interested in joining them, even if they were the greatest organisation around.

"Haaaa...ahhhh!" Chloe tussled her hair with her hands and even seemed to want to pull it out by the roots. She lacked a convincing argument for him to join the organisation.

After a few minutes, she heard his snoring. He had fallen asleep. Even though he had managed to push the fatigue out of his mind, it had only been temporarily. And now that he had relaxed, it had come back with a vengeance.

Chloe stood up and came over to his side. She stared at the contours of his face, the ones she could see in this darkness as at this angle, the light from the flames couldn't reach.

"He looks...peaceful, like a baby." She mumbled, lost in his features.

"Anyway, I need to be on guard duty." She stood up after a while and once again went back to the other side, where she had been, and sat down.

------

The night passed uneventfully, puzzling Chloe to no end! Every night, there had at least been something, and if there hadn't, you could have at least heard a few roars in the distance, or something!

Tweet! Tweet!

Eric woke up to the chirping of birds. He looked over, to see tiny birds flying freely in the morning sky and there was also an orangeish glow in the eastern horizon signifying that the sun was rising soon.

"No beast attacked, huh." Eric said it like that because he would have woken up if they had gotten attacked.

"Curious!" That was all he said before pushing it all to the back of his mind. Whatever the anomaly, they were still going to leave this place behind them and continue onwards. 

He had fashioned a new set of garments from all the beasts which attacked as he had been passing through the grassland, even Chloe's. After all, even though their scales were a part of their bodies, it made it harder to feel some sensations when you were entirely covered with them.

"What's the plan today?" Chloe asked as she roasted a few pieces of meat over the fire to get them warm.

"We continue north along this road, hopefully, it will have a bridge somewhere for crossing the Nile river." He said as removed a hot piece of meat and bit into it, chewing with gusto.

"Anyway, I am your follower anyways, so I will listen to you." She answered.

"No...I will never treat you like that, we are partners. I would love to listen to your ideas." He shook his head. Though he knew she was joking, he still didn't want to hear that.

"You did say that you left all those people unconscious, right? I wonder how they are faring?" She wondered aloud, her teeth sinking into a rather large chunk of meat.

"It doesn't matter. They weren't exactly our friends." 

As they were still enjoying their meal, their ears simultaneously twitched.

"A car is coming." Eric was the first to say. They hadn't stood up as they had recognised the sound. If it had been a beast, they would have jumped straight into battle ready stances.

"What if they are also bad people?" She asked with a glow in her eyes. Eric could see that she was on the verge of getting excited, something only her as a battle maniac could achieve.

"Then we will be merciless!" He spoke with conviction.

They continued with their task, having breakfast! Their camp was just 2m to the side of the road, and whatever person was coming, would be able to see them.

Vroom!

A cloud of dust appeared on the southern stretch of the road after a few seconds. It was being caused by a single car. The person driving it wasn't thinking of having it have a very long life, judging by the way it was being driven.

The car had black chassis caked in dust and mud showing that it had travelled a long way. It was in the form of a hammer, but larger and so were its tires.

"Oh! This person is rich! But why are there no armor plates?" Eric wondered out loud. The car was pleasing, but it had no use in the wilderness. You could even say that it was a piece of paper, easily destroyable by the beasts. Of course, it was still an offroad vehicle, it was made for such rough terrain.

"You are right! Either the person inside is an idiot, or a powerhouse, or a person with one of those powerful sensory bloodline genes." Chloe stood up and provides three conjectures.

"Sensory bloodlines? Like the dog?" He asked.

"Yes. Even the cat, and many others. Don't look down on them, they have a knack for avoiding danger. Many even take it to the extreme and add many more sensory abilities in their genetic slots, effectively losing their combat ability." 

"That is the first that I have heard of such people." 

"They make for excellent trackers and they are mostly in the employ of big shots."

"Hmmm...so the person inside migh-shit!" Eric hadn't even finished his statement before his expression drastically changed.

Something had collided with his magnetic field! It was another magnetic field, its point of origin being the car and it was even more powerful than his! He could only match it after transforming! That was surprising to him because he had thought that he would be at the top of the world when he transformed, but it seemed like he had been deluding himself.

"Chloe, have these two." He threw two of the bananas to her. 

"Eat them if everything goes bad!" Eric shouted and tensed. Chloe was also in tense state. She couldn't sense the magnetic field but she had managed to sense danger through her instincts. She caught the bananas and kept them in a pouch that Eric had roughly hewn together.

"Stop!" They heard a male voice from within the car when it was still a few meters away from them. The car slid due to the abrupt application of pressure on the brakes at the speed it was going. It slid for about two full meters before managing to come to a stop, sending dust into the air in the process. Rain hadn't seen these parts in months it seems.

The back door opened when it stopped and a man stepped out. His attire caused the duo a lot of puzzlement.

He looked to be around 25 years if age. He was clad in a suit, entirely white from head to toe and he had brown skin, brown eyes and brown long hair which reached his waist. He was the kind of man with the handsomeness to cause females to swoon over him.

"Hey there, pals!" The man waved with a smile on his face. He started walking towards them after the greeting. One of his hands was in his pockets and he radiated an aura of confidence. A faint air of arrogance was also etched in his mannerisms.

1