Chapter 112 Michael
63 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 RB Chapter 112 Michael 

"It would be better you stay where you are...pal." That was Chloe. She said that after looking at Eric, whose expression was paling with every step the guy took.

"Oh! Sorry sorry. I hadn't even deactivated my domain, how inconsiderate." The man's face carried a genuine expression of apology.

Eric felt as if a weight had been lifted off his shoulders the moment the man finished speaking. He had sweated a lot in those few seconds.

'But why wasn't Chloe affected?' His own mental domain when he transformed could affect all intelligent lifeforms, but for some reason this guy's domain didn't!

"Before I introduce myself my pals, what are you doing in this wilderness, without even a vessel? Are you part of the aboriginal tribes here?" He asked while scrutinising their clothing. Even his eyes were starting to narrow dangerously, as if any wrongly spoken word would lead to their demise! 

Chloe and Eric both paled! This guy was dangerous, and for some reason, he seemed to have it out for savages!

"We aren't savages! And why the hell are you wearing a white suit of all things?" Chloe snapped.

"Oh! So you aren't! My name is Michael lbhubesi, the Lion Legend!" He introduced himself with a proud expression. He took pride in his name. He directly ignored Chloe's question.

'Lion Legend?' The duo was puzzled by the title, but decided not to pay it much attention.

"I am Eric Masanyalaze and this is Chloe Masanyalaze." Eric too introduced them. He didn't sense any malice from the guy so he decided to stop being cautious, for now.

"Are you husband and wife?" 

Poof!

"What? Nonono..." Eric hurriedly denied while Chloe had blushed deeply and frozen in place. Her brain cells had short circuited upon such a question.

"Sorry. Anyway, I was heading deep north, do you care to join me?" He asked politely. He was good at ignoring dropped landmines!

"Where exactly north?" Eric asked vigilantly. These roads...no, all the roads were mostly used by cargo drivers, it was very VERY rare to see individual humans travelling long journeys.

"To the former country of Egypt, the headquarters of the Black Diamond Group." The man answered without any reservations. 

"What!?" Eric and Chloe simultaneously shouted in surprise.

"Why is it so surprising? Its just a tiny journey." Michael caressed his silky brown hair.

"Who are you exactly?" Chloe had her eyes narrow. An air of seriousness had now taken over her. This guy wasn't normal.

"I am from the southern tip of the continent, specifically, Durban, the super city." A note of arrogance had crept into his prideful voice. It hadn't been intentional, no...it had.been natural, as if that arrogance came with the name of the city.

"Super city? What's that?" Eric asked. This seemed important. The African conference hadn't released city rankings to the public, it was to prevent chaos, but, the terms were being used in the news.

"Hmm...it will take too long to explain, now if you would..." He gestured towards his car. He fixated on them, something they both didn't miss.

"...assuming you were heading north." He added.

Chloe and Eric exchanged glances. Those glances told them what each was thinking.

"Let's go then!" They entered the car. Chloe sat in the front seat while Eric sat in the back with Michael.

"Hello, pals of the young master." The driver's voice entered their ears when they had just strapped in. He started the vehicle and they sped northwards.

"Nice to meet you too!" Chloe answered while Eric only nodded his head.

'I can sense that this guy isn't simple, too!' Eric narrowed his eyes towards the front seat trying to see if he could see through the driver.

"Anyway, we have been designated as a super city by the recently formed African Federation, and right now, I am travelling there to meet the head of the Black Diamond Group, speaker of the Federation. The woman has too many high positions if you ask me." Michael shook his head in disapproval.

"That woman! They actually allowed her to hold that much power?" Eric shouted as his mind conjured up the image of that wild woman. He didn't notice that Michael and the driver's eyes had narrowed when he talked about that woman.

"You know her?" Michael asked.

"..."

"No normal person should know that she holds the Black Diamond Group in her grasp." He continued when he saw Eric remaining silent. He was implying something.

"Let's just say, she talked to us about the future of the group." Eric picked his words carefully. He had noticed Michael's curiosity and he was regretting his outburst.

"I won't pry, my pal!" Michael slapped his shoulder and declared upon seeing that Eric didn't want to continue. But he was still puzzled, these people didn't look like important personages and this boy's mental fluctuations indicated that he had just grasped the power to control his brainwaves rather recently...did they have a powerful backing? He wondered.

"How long have you been on the road." Chloe asked the driver.

"Hmmm...a few days. We took a plane but it was brought down by flying beasts." The driver had answered nonchalantly but both Eric and Chloe were shocked. Planes still existed?

"But we have already contacted my clan, using one of the underground numbered cities, so, another plane will arrive at the next city, north of here, to pick us up." 

"Why are you telling us all this? We aren't exactly comrades, right?" Eric asked in suspicion.

"Don't worry, even if you know, all plots are useless in front of absolute strength!" Michael's eyes narrowed dangerously and his face adorned a toothy grin, causing the duo to shift uncomfortably in their seats.

"I don't mean to pry, but, how did you get the scar, losing an arm in the process?" He asked as the car hit another bump, causing the passengers to jostle, all except him. Michael didn't so much as move from his initial position, as if he had been glued to it.

'He is definitely an expert!' Eric was becoming more and more cautious.

''The scar..." Eric traced it and a smile bloomed on his face. When he attained control of his brainwaves, he had managed to purge the energy which had been lining the scar and the severed arm. They had finally started healing, though very slowly, but in a few days, he was sure that the scar running through almost half his body would heal completely, living no trace of its existence.

"...I had a...run in with a beast capable of achieving your power." He continued after a while, thanking Michael in his mind for his patience.

"Oh! Had it just broken through recently...or?" Michael's voice took on a weird tone, his interest piqued. He placed his fingers beneath his chin and started contemplating something after mumbling out such words.

"No, it was skilled." Eric answered upon managing to catch the words.

"It looks like they are evolving faster!" Michael said as he comfortably leaned back into his chair.

"Next year, there is going to be war." He continued.

"War!" The duo were once again shocked as they hadn't heard of such a thing, yet!

"What war?" Eric asked.

"All cities are going to start an offensive. Its to take back the land lost to the beasts..." He adjusted his white suit, while giving Eric the side eye.

"...its  going to be epic! All the cities on this continent will move out simultaneously, and attack! More legends are going to be born from this war! Its one of the reasons am being called to the north." He answered, his eyes glowing as if he was already seeing himself there, fighting, slaughtering and creating his own legend.

Chloe felt as if her own blood was threatening to burn up her entire body due to the excitement!

Eric, on the other hand fell into contemplation.

"I believe the beasts won't just sit around and allow themselves to be killed, right?" He asked. Just like that monkey they had faced, there were plenty of intelligent beasts in the wild.

"You are right. But, are we just going to stay in our cities forever? The beasts are evolving, sometime in the future, they might lay siege on our cities." Michael asked. His face had become serious.

"We need to strike! Right now we don't even know how many beasts exist in the oceans! While we had our population decrease after the emergence of the super cells, the beasts only thrived, reproducing more of themselves. According to experts, we humans are currently the minority and the beasts, the majority, and that's not even adding in the beasts in the water."

"...you are right." Eric accepted.

"If the beasts have been that many, why hasn't anyone been taking action?" Chloe asked from the front. The driver was quiet, as if he didn't even exist. He was the type of person you would forget about if they didn't talk.

"One word, politics...its troublesome to give advice to politicians." 

"You are right." The image of Elder Muti was conjured up in Chloe's mind.

1