Chapter 118 Alive
57 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          RB Chapter 118 Alive

The elephant turned to her with its one eye, the other, empty, with only blood running down the white bony armor.

The spikes all over its body elongated and shot out, mostly the ones facing Elena's charge.

She felt a threat to her life and immediately tried to evade the ones going for her vitals, but one, hit her right hand, causing it to separate and be blown off.

She tumbled and her mouth ate the soil, forming a long groove.

"Nnnnh! Pft!" She stifled a groan while spitting out the soil that had entered her mouth. 

Her arm had been blown off at the biceps, exposing the torn muscle. A ton of blood was dripping out of the stump.

The spikes littered the ground around her, with some buried so deep that their entire length had vanished underground.

"Aaaaaah!" Elena stopped repressing her scream and it spread to the surrounding. It was like the roar of a wounded enraged beast.

The elephant had also stopped in place as if that attack had taken a ton out of it. 

Elena cried and roared in frustration and rage as she beheld it. Her entire body had collapsed onto the ground due to a massive loss of her energy reserves and she was angry about that as it got in the way of getting vengeance for the dead Leah.

"Elenaaaaaaaaaa! I am going to killlllll youuuuu!" A scream, so ear piercing, echoed in the surroundings, but Elena didn't notice it as her ear drums had already been destroyed.

The ground trembled from a few meters to the left of the elephant. It bulged as if something was about to poke out of it.

Elena, turned her attention towards the place, due to feeling the minute vibrations being caused upon her skin, which was in contact with the ground.

Something pushed itself out with such speed that the bulging soil had been blown away.

"Elenaaaaaa!" She shouted.

But the person being shouted at saw that petit back once again, causing her to forget every sensation from her body as she entered into a daze.

That petit back was familiar, covered in emerald green scales and a tail starting from her waist down.

"Le-Lea-Leah." She whispered, her voice hoarse from all that screaming.

'She is alive! She is alive? She is alive.' She doubted, questioned and then finally accepted it, causing joy to overtake her entire being. Tears involuntarily streamed down her face upon learning of that fact.

"Where are you?" Leah asked and then proceeded to look around, but flinched upon seeing the elephant at her right, causing her to stumble and fall onto the ground.

Of course, she too, appeared beat up. Most of the blood had been scraped off when digging through the soil, but signs could still be seen that she had bled out massive amounts of blood. 

"Elena?" This time, she asked with a quiver in her her voice, forgetting her anger.

As she turned her head back, something...a scene she will never ever forget, entered her sight.

A figure, unrecognisable due to all the blood and soil that covered her form, entered her view. But those reddened eyes, spilling out tears, made her recognise the figure instantly, Elena!

Leah hurriedly stood up and ran towards her. Seeing Elena's blood covered form and the tears in her eyes, made the last traces of anger evaporate from her mind.

"What happened to you? Why are you in such a state?" She asked as she used her hands to wipe away the blood and tears from Elena's face. 

"Could it be that you recklessly charged the beast." Leah asked. She didn't even know where to start, blood was everywhere! She was worried that anywhere she touched would cause pain.

Elena tried to talk, but no words came out, only more blood. Her injuries were too heavy.

"I don't know why that elephant isn't attacking us,but we need to get out of here." Leah said that, her attention back to the massive beast, motionless on its pillar-like legs. She saw that some holes were on its armor, and blood was coming out from inside dying the white, red.

'That's where the spikes were, right?' She moved her gaze towards the long white things dotting the landscape near Elena.

'Wait! We need to run!' She woke up from her thoughts and hoisted Elena's body onto her back, slithering away from the area.

'She's light. She has lost too much blood.' Leah thought. 

The moment Elena was placed on Leah's back, she lost consciousness.

Leah had survived because she had dug deep underground upon seeing the shadow of the elephant dropping down from above.

She had survived instant death, but the tremors created by the beast had caused her bones to fracture and her organs to rapture. That had caused her digging to stop and also a momentary loss of consciousness.

She had woken up when she felt herself choking and hurriedly channeled all her energy to fix the most troublesome ones.

She had then, proceeded to tunnel to the surface, away from the origin of the tremors.

She trembled involuntarily upon remembering the entire ordeal.

'That had been dangerous! Next time I will make sure this imbecile doesn't provoke unknown beasts.' Her tailed torso slithered forwards slowly, as she kept all her senses on the elephant, her muscles tense, in preparation for evasive maneuvers if it attacked.

But the beast just stood in place, its lone eye conveying signs of exhaustion.

Leah gradually increased her speed upon seeing no retaliation from the elephant and vanished into the distance.

------

Further north, a few kilometers away from the elephant, a pool of water was in the middle of a grove.

A few rays of light which managed to make it through the canopy fell onto its clear waters, giving a glimpse into its depths. A stream of water originated from the pool, carrying away the excess water.

Ruins of buildings could be seen in the surrounding. Vegetation had claimed them and absorbed the minerals in the concrete, causing many to crumble to the ground.

Five figures, both male and female, where occupying some of the pieces of rubble near the pool.

A few meters away from the pool, vague figures could occasionally be glimpsed patrolling the surrounding.

The figures near the pond, were two men, Monki Nkyima and Mugumivu Njovu.

The others were women, Miss Njibwa, Sally Ggonya and Dora Pusi.

Miss Njibwa and Mugumivu were sharing a piece of rubble, lost in their own little world, while the others were spread around the pond.

"Its good that we made arrangements. Now that we have managed to reach this area, we can move onto the really important conversation."

Backpacks were under the feet of the five people in the clearing and they were all adorned in new outfits. Their skin too, was clean from all the filth that it had previously accumulated.

The figures patrolling the circular perimeter around them were new guards they had arranged to rendezvous with when they reached this location.

Monki was clad in a brown shirt and blue jeans. He was leaning back into his staff, which was planted in the ground behind him. That statement had been directed to all the people here, but his gaze was on Mugumivu, who was opposite him on the other side of the pond. 

"Among us, who should we endorse to become a high executive? That's the question that we all want ask, right?" Dora, who was holding a mirror in front of herself and fixing her makeup said. She puckered her lips and tried out a variety of expressions. She was dressed in black leggings which couldn't contain her natural curves, and a black blouse showing off her deep cleavage.

That statement from her caused the other four to exchange glances with each other.

"I recommend Mugumivu." Someone broke the silence that had overcome the place. It was miss Njibwa, who had her head resting upon the shoulder of her beloved. She was once again in a while dress, one which afforded ease of movement. Her words had made the others go into contemplation.

"Tch!" Monki snorted. His gaze was full of jealousy as it beheld the couple.

'Why didn't she become mine?' He felt so much pain in his chest.

Mugumivu was in a form fitting black shirt, which emphasized his muscular upper body and dark green pants with many pockets.

Mugumivu's eyes were closed as he revelled in miss Njibwa's company.

"I, too recommend Mugumivu." A cold voice came from the couples' left. It was Sally's who was spotting a pair of spectacles which had lines of data sliding down the glass. The others didn't know what she was doing and they didn't deign to ask. 

Among all the people here, she was the only one was was dressed in a black body hugging suit. She didn't let down her guard, even if her guards were part of those patrolling the area.

Ngabi and the other scion who had died had also made such preparations, but their guards had been given news of their death and tasked with delivering it to the relevant parties.

Miss Njibwa turned to Sally and gave her a smile. She was touched by her friend's support.

But Sally was only furthering her goals. Even though she returned the smile as she had expected it, her thoughts were different from those of her friend.

1