Chapter 119 Chosen
58 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

         RB Chapter 119 Chosen 

After analysing all the possible candidates, including herself, she had judged herself to be the best choice, but human nature would prevent the people here from choosing her. That's the logical conclusion she had come to and instead decided to recommend the second best person. There was no way for miss Njibwa and Monki to accept if she nominated herself.

First of all, Monki was someone who believed that positions of power should be given to males.

Second, miss Njibwa was so deep in love with Mugumivu that she would absolutely object to her nomination, in leu of her boyfriend.

'His thoughts are unreadable.' That's what she gained upon gazing at Mugumivu. He was the only person whose intentions she couldn't gauge.

"I would have liked to recommend myself, but two have already chosen HIM, and there is no way HE, will choose otherwise." Monki's eyes contained a competitive will which vanished soon after.

"Okay, I reluctantly agree. Now, what benefits are we going to get for giving up this fat piece of meat which was dangling in front of us?" Dora asked while putting away the mirror. She had finally become satisfied with her current look.

'He truly is a specimen of a man!' She exclaimed in her mind as she swallowed down saliva her gaze roaming the well developed muscles of Mugumivu. 

Even though she was occupying a block of rubble near his other side, she didn't dare get cosy with him. That guy had already set his mind on the woman resting on his shoulder.

"Tsk!" She clicked her tongue in dissatisfaction, mostly directed towards miss Njibwa.

"First of all, do we even know of the duties and power that comes with the position." Sally asked.

"I have been trying to search on the internet, but so far I haven't found anything concrete. They have blocked the information." She continued, lines of data still scrolling down.

"Its an open secret that the underground city is owned by the Black Diamond group. Maybe, the executive gets a percentage of the taxes collected from the various businesses inside?" Miss Njibwa said hesitantly. She was also just speculating.

"Oh!...but that's not important right now! What's important, is the amount of wealth that we will get." Monki decided to set the conversation back on track.

"What are you getting at?" Mugumivu's voice finally appeared in the clearing. He had been quiet, with his closed eyes, simply picking up the important points in their words.

"What I, no we, want is a piece of the pie. You can't expect us to give up the right to the position for free, right?" Monki had a toothy grin when he asked that question.

"The Mpologoma clan leader was a high executive, but for some reason, we didn't see his clan surpassing ours financially. Are we even sure that the position affords you a massive amount of money?" Dora's question caught them off guard causing frowns to appear on their faces as they tried to recall all the information they knew about the Mpologoma clan.

"Maybe he should first take up the position so that we can know what benefits it gives." Sally suggested after a few minutes of thought.

Monki didn't object, as he too also felt that that was the best idea.

"Are all of us on the same page? Mugumivu will take up the position, and then he will pass us information before we can decide what we want, right?" Miss Njibwa's glowing eyes cycled through all the others. She was pressuring them.

'How did someone kind change so much? Does love truly change people?' Sally wondered as she saw her friend's ferocious expression.

"There is a bit of a problem though, this decision also requires the acknowledgement of the three brats." Monki said, causing all of their expressions to change.

"Shit!" Dora cursed, as she spat out a glob of saliva onto the ground.

"We forgot that they were also part of it." Miss Njibwa felt an incoming headache. With the way the three were treated, convincing them is going to be hard, not to mention that they might even have to share a bit of the benefits with them!

"Who are we going to choose to convince those brats? Do know, that it can't be me." Monki smugly looked around. He knew that everyone here knew of his personality, there was no way he was suitable for such a job.

"I really wish they die in the wilderness." Dora spat venomously.

"Even if they die, as long as any member of their clan still exists, their shares can be transferred over to them." Sally answered emotionlessly.

"I will do it." That voice silenced all the others. It was Mugumivu.

"Good good. That's the best solution. Now all I have to do is simply wait for you to take up your position." Monki was elated. All the troublesome stuff was going to be handled by his enemy, there was nothing more exhilarating than that!

That statement, though earned him a glare from miss Njibwa. That glare caused him to cough in embarrassment and direct his gaze elsewhere.

-----

"You were too reckless." Leah's voice echoed in the place. The place, was a cave. It had belonged to some kind of beast, but had been abandoned and nothing else had settled here for a very long time.

Leah had closely examined the traces to come to that conclusion. 

It should have been dark, but glowing moss grew all over the walls, providing what little light it could.

Elena was lying down, deep in sleep. Leah had just mumbled that out, but due to the nature of the cave, the sound waves had somehow bounced around and amplified themselves.

She was crouching by Elena, trying to wipe away all the blood and dust drenching her body.

Even when the moist cloth rubbed at the skin taking away the dust and blood, its coldness still didn't trigger her to awaken from her deep sleep.

Leah was doing everything she could to clean her body. Her transformation had ended and Elena's naked body was in full view. It couldn't evoke the slightest lust as wounds littered it and her right arm, from the biceps down had vanished.

Elena's now clean face had a frown and grunts of pain came out from her lips often. But the pain still didn't manage to wake her.

Leah was using one of the cloths that she had kept from the battlefield, and water from a nearby stream. It was a few meters away from the cave, and judging by the tracks she found, many beasts were using it as their source of water.

She had first made sure that no beast had been in the vicinity when she collected the water.

"Now that one of her arms is gone, we are going to need to return to the city...no, it will be better if we head to the underground city to regenerate it." She mumbled. Too many enemies existed in Kampala city, and the normal citizens already had a dislike for Elena due to the carnage debacle.

'I hope she still has some people in the underground city.' Her eyes dimmed when she thought about that. For her, the situation wasn't good. The clan members had taken all the wealth and vanished. No one had been left to take care of her, that's why she needed to find someone who could support her.

"We can make our way towards the road. Its relatively safer because the powerful monsters which try to settle down near it, are periodically cleaned up." Right now it would be better not to get into any more battles with beasts as powerful as that elephant. Elena only had a single arm remaining, and learning to cope with that was hard.

For Leah, head in battles with such beasts wasn't her forte. If Elena had thought things through and come up with a strategy before attacking the beast, they probably wouldn't have ended up in such a miserable state.

'That elephant didn't show any signs that it had mastered energy channeling.

That's why, after unleashing those bone spikes, it stayed in place. It needed to regenerate them and gather energy.'

"If it was that dangerous without energy channeling, how terrifying would it be if it learns?" Leah shuddered.

"Mmmm!" That sound dragged her back to the present from her thoughts. Elena was about to wake up, her closed eyes were trembling ever so slightly.

"Elena, are you okay?" Leah hurriedly asked.

Elena instantly felt all the pain in her body upon gaining awareness, before even opening her eyes. When she opened her eyes, the scenery became blurry and was somewhat dim, causing her to wonder where they were.

Leah's voice caused her to remember everything that they had happened before losing consciousness. 

"LEAH!" She shouted and abruptly sat up, but pain caused her to groan loudly.

"Hey, don't shout." Leah whispered. She had jumped when her name had been called.

"Don't worry, I am here." Leah gently said. She was worried that Elena might die. Some of the wounds that had scabbed over had started to bleed once again. 

1