Chapter 120 Information Broker
57 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

RB Chapter 120 Information Broker

Currently, it was around 2:00pm of that same day.

Large footprints could be seen in the sand heading towards the lake. The sun had caused the temperature of the place to spike up and the sand was so hot, that the heat waves were creating distortions in the air close to the ground.

A beast with white fur waving in the gentle breeze was standing in the sand at the edges of the lake. The waves occasionally splashed water on its legs but it didn't seem to care.

Its eyes were lingering into the horizon, but the glassy sheen around them signified that the owner wasn't truly looking at the water, but contemplating something.

The water was cold and green, tiny green plant-like lifeforms were floating within the waves and were responsible for the weird coloration.

A massive troop of black furred apes were further behind the white one, specifically the place where the soil met the brown sand.

Their eyes were all locked onto their leader's back, waiting, as if anticipating something.

There was no foliage to shelter them from the hot sun, but none were showing any impatience. The young ones in the troop, too, weren't complaining.

"The information I gained from the nearby beasts should be trustworthy." The white furred gorilla mumbled after sometime, pushing away the dazed look in its eyes.

Except for the waves attacking the shore, this area of the lake was relatively peaceful. No beast could be sighted within miles of this place, only the gorillas, even tiny critters weren't here.

No other life form could be detected in the waters. This place looked like it had been abandoned.

Boom! Boom!

"Raaaaaaaah!"

Boom! Boom!

"Raaaaaaaaaah!"

The white furred ape drummed its chest and roared out towards the lake in a particular rhythm.

The drumming of its chest spread over a wide area.

The sound waves from its roar travelled even further and shattered the waves heading for shore.

The results brought upon by the ape's actions were shocking, considering that there were no traces of energy channeling.

The drumming and roaring continued for about 3 minutes before coming to a stop.

The troop still don't make any sound, and didn't even try to interrupt their current leader.

Zzzzzt!

Zzzzzzzt!

A very powerful magnetic field spread over the area from the depths of the lake after the white furred ape's antics.

Electric arcs appeared in the air and the waters of the lake. They were like blue snakes, joyful in the electromagnetic domain.

Some of them latched on to the silver fur of the ape causing it to Puff out.

The black furred apes behind took a few steps back in fear of the electrical field. They could feel a threat to their lives.

'Strong!' The ape had a shocked expression on its face as it was being subjected to the domain.

"Oh! A new face! How surprising! And a gorilla no less..." A female voice brimming with mischievousness echoed in the gorilla's mind causing it to look around in search of the person.

"What do you want?" The voice asked again, causing the electric snakes near the white furred gorilla to increase in number.

'Is this telepathy? I didn't know that it could exist!' The ape was surprised in its mind, but its face didn't betray any expression.

"It is telepathy. Now, what do you want?" The female voice was starting to get impatient.

"What?" The ape took a step back, surprised that its thoughts were seen through. That alone caused its expressionless mask to crack. 

"You can read my thoughts?"

"Why do all of you react like this? Why can't there be someone calm? These 'shocked' expressions are getting a little bit old!" The female voice appeared to be whining, like a child.

"You possess intelligence not inferior to that of humans. I thought you were going to be calmer but it seems I had my hopes too high!" The female voice lamented.

Cough!

The white furred ape coughed. If its face had been that of a human, a blush would have been observed in its cheeks.

"I won't read your thoughts again, I have lost interest in you as a life form, now ask!" The female voice appeared impatient this time.

"I am planning to lay siege on a human city, what I need is information on the location of any nearby cities." The white furred monkey's expression became serious.

"Impossible." The female voice only uttered that word.

"What do you mean? I heard that you provide information!" The monkey became angry.

"I didnt mean that I can't give you information. What I meant was that at your current power level, plus those weaklings behind you, it is practically impossible to lay siege to a city. You would die even before making it to the walls." The female voice mocked.

The gorillas behind made noise in dissatisfaction. It seems that the female voice was also reaching them. The white furred gorilla had to raise a hand to settle them down, before expression their rage at being looked down upon by itself. 

"We are strong enough! We are gorillas! Humans can be killed like smashing water melons, with our strength!" The white furred ape protested, steam coming out of its nostrils and its feet kicking at the sand.

"Haaaaa...another idiot. You have energy channelers but lack spectrum level beasts. So that's what's making you confident? Hahahaha...you don't understand!"

"Power also comes in the form of external items!" The female voice became serious.

"Humans have technology, we beasts rely on only our bodies to fight, but they can just sit back inside their cities and simply control weapons from afar. I suggest you don't try to do anything rash before learning anything as your clansmen will be the ones to pay the price." The voice advised.

The white furred monkey's eyes widened a bit in realisation before returning to normal.

"Okay." The monkey reluctantly accepted.

"If one of you manages to get to the spectrum realm, I will give you the information you want." The female voice promised.

"What do you want in return. There is no way you provide information for free, right?" The monkey asked.

"I want information. There is a certain human, a youth I am searching for. I can't leave the lake temporarily, so I can't do it myself. If you find a human with power almost similar to mine, all I ask is for you to spare him and give me his whereabouts. Simple, right?"

"What If I accidentally kill him?"

"Hahahahahahaha...then you will pay!" The laughter had transformed into a chilly one by the end, and the monkey even felt a pressure acting in its brain, even affecting its body. 

It felt as if something terrifying would happen to it should it try something.

"Sorry about that. Anyway, come back when you have either gained the help of a spectrum level beast, or learnt the disparity between you and the humans." The female voice once again regained its light hearted tone.

"What...is this spectrum level you keep talking about?" The monkey asked, the term was unfamiliar to it.

"Beasts or humans like me, capable of applying such invisible pressure." The female voice explained simply.

"Anyway, I suppose your time is up. Bye!" The female voice said while simultaneously withdrawing the electromagnetic field in the surrounding.

In the depths of the lake, a kilometer away from the furred monkey's current position, something long, large and dark, with glowing blue eyes, with electrical snakes 30cm in width playing along its length, swarm away from this area of the lake.

The monkey stood in place pondering the previous conversation.

'It seems that I am still took green! I need to gather information! Spectrum beasts...it will be better if I become cautious from now on! If what that information broker said is true, then they can kill me.'

'But now, I wonder what am I going to do? Should I temporarily claim territory and gather information?' The monkey pondered while turning around and starting its walk back, towards its brethren.

"Things have become too complicated!" It rubbed the fur on its head in exasperation.

It needed to find out information about the spectrum level, and fast! Because when disaster strikes, it might not even know how it died

"And technology, what's that? Is it really true that we can't win against the humans?" It mumbled, still in disbelief over that.

The sounds of tiny critters started to come back to this area after the beast in the depths of the lake left, causing the place to once again teem with life. Even fish monsters became visible, playing in the waters of the lake. But the monkeys had left long ago, missing the transformation. 

Note from me, the author;

Last week wasn't good, but this week, I am back. We are heading towards the next mini arc. Thank you for supporting me!

2