Chapter 127 Memory Of Despair (2)
53 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

RB Chapter 127 Memory Of Despair (2)

"I do hate...you humans, but...warriors...must be respected." The monkey had some respect in its speech.

"The...normal humans can be slaughtered like chickens, like those two...cowering behind you." The monkey said as it walked, pointing at Elec and Eric.

Baguma had all of his attention trained on the monkey as the threat he was feeling, was growing with each step forward that it took. His skin was tingling and all the hair at the back of his head had stood up.

The monkey's form which had been in front of Baguma turned blurry when it took the next step, vanishing after a moment, only for a vaguely black and white streak to be seen heading towards Baguma's right side.

The streak paused and the monkey materialised near the unconscious Elec. A white bone spear, burning with plasma at the tip, was poised to strike at the unconscious boy. The monkey's palms were gripping it with such familiarity, that it seemed as another body part joined with its body.

'What!?' The monkey's speed caused alarm bells to ring in Baguma's mind.

When the monkey was walking towards him, his left hand had been at the scabbard at his waist, while his right hand had its palm wrapping around the hilt of the blade at his waist. He he had also bent his knees and lowered his body a bit, waiting for a moment to strike.

Shing!

That was all that was heard before...

Ting!

The edge of the blade collided with the spear shaft, closer to the tip, shifting it to the side, causing the spear to stab into the concrete ground to the side of the boy. Baguma had been forced to move so fast that his electricity clad body had made him appear to take on the properties of electricity itself!

When they paused their high speed exchange, Baguma's blade was back into its scabbard and the monkey had pulled back its spear close to its body. Steam escaped out of the pores of his body, increasing the range of the elcttucal snakes.

The electricity on Baguma's body brightened before he morphed into a blue streak, retreating 10m away. The two boys had also vanished from their previous positions to appear behind him in his new position. Baguma had managed to move both of them.

'Such speed! Such control!' Baguma was really shocked, and it was for good reason! The monkey's speed had reached the same level as his reflexive instantaneous burst, brought upon when he activated his muscles directly with electrical signals! 

With control, he was praising the monkey's spearmanship. The thrust had only created a hole in the concrete, charred at the sides, but no cracks around it.

The monkey appeared to have shrunk the mental field that had been pressuring them as they couldn't feel it anymore. But it appeared to be concentrated around it, causing a distortion in the monkey's image.

'T-Too strong!' Eric hadn't even managed to see their forms, when the two combatants had been in the middle of exchanging moves! He had only glimpsed their afterimages! He had been awed! His forehead was lined with sweat. This battle was out of his league!

(Hurry up and go!) Baguma sent an urgent telepathic message. What Eric didn't see was that the skin between Baguma's thumb and index finger on his right hand was bleeding. The force of the thrust couldn't have been so easily parried! The spear had had too much momentum! And shifting it to the side had caused even his palm to become injured! 

The monkey took a stance, its two hands gripped the spear's shaft and shifted the tip to point in Baguma's direction. Its knees were bent, like it was preparing to charge.

Light around tge monkey distorted as the spear tip became brighter. With a flick of its palms, the spear started rotating like a drill and the air around the tip also became influenced, forming a rotating cone around the spear tip. It started distorting, until flames appeared before turning into plasma.

The monkey once again turned into a blur, instantly vanishing, and appearing, 1m away from Baguma instantaneously. Then, it thrust out the rotating spear, a couple of times, all of the thrusts targeted at Baguma's vital points. If any of them connected, he would be severely injured!

Ting! Ting! Ting! 

Baguma's blade vanished from its scabbard as he rushed to block all the thrusts. Since his blade was covered in a plasmic glow at the edge, fuelled by the electricity on his body, he managed to prevent the spear tip from melting it. But the rotation was throwing his blade off causing it to veer off wildly, almost preventing him from blocking all the other thrusts.

The strength behind each thrust caused Baguma to take steps back in order to resolve the force.

As Baguma was becoming more confident, a thrust broke through and created a hole in his left shoulder, burning the edges and cauterising the wound. Due to the speed of the attack, he had yet to register the pain.

'Wha-what...!?' His mind failed to process what had just happened until a memory was conjured! One of his blocks had struck a spear tip, but it seemed like it had been merely an illusion! He hadn't taken it to mind until this happened.

'Illusion? Ah!' Another memory popped into his mind. He had almost forgotten that the light had distorted minutely when the spear tip had brightened, before the monkey appeared in front of him.

He took a step with his right foot and thrust his blade with all his might as the spear was pulling back from the wound. It was so fast that it created sound when it pierced through the air!

The monkey was puzzled by such an action as it was a bit far from the blade's range, but its eyes widened as a blue light extended out from the tip and stabbed into its abdomen, creating a path and making its way out of its body.

It hurriedly jumped back, as a hole appeared through its abdomen. The other side could even seen through it, but blood wasn't spitting out as the edges had been charred to a crisp.

The fight reached a temporary lull as both combatants regarded each other. They each had injuries, but Baguma's was the most troublesome. It had effectively made his left hand useless unless he was given about a minute to fix it.

Baguma didn't even do anything to try and patch up the wound, he was trying not to give the monkey any openings that it might exploit.

"Human ingenuity...or should take it as cunning?" Spat out the monkey. Its red eyes regarded the black blade. It was speaking so smoothly, that it seemed hardly fazed by such a high speed exchange.

"Years...that's the time you humans have had to...develop and invent new things...

"...look at my spear. Just a few exchanges...and its on the verge...of crumbling." Multiple long cracks had appeared on the spear, from the shaft all the way to the tip.

"I have...more strength...than you, but, your blade...isn't showing...any nicks." Envy appeared in the monkey's voice.

Crack!

It flicked the shaft, causing the bone spear to splinter into many pieces, falling to the ground.

Baguma only listened silently, this...monster...that's what he had termed it as, was too terrifying! This monkey was definitely abnormal! Baguma was panting a little. Such an intense exchange had left him with sore muscles and a burning body. His cells were even consuming tons of energy, but he was bypassing that by directly using the produced electricity to move his muscles.

'Shit! I have gotten injured before even managing to create a chance for the boys to get away!' He cursed. He knew that the boys were still behind him because, right now every sense of his was heightened to the point of creating a domain around himself, where he was in absolute control. It would have been great if he were facing something normal, but this monster practically rendered the domain moot. Attacks capable of travelling at speeds matching his reaction speed when his muscles were activated with electricity, were being dished out by this monster casually.

'He's injured. How are we going to get out of here? Even if I squeeze out all my energy to help, I would only be able to keep up for a few seconds!' Eric was on the verge of panicking. Elec was still out cold.

"Its lamentable...but this is the end." The monkey said. Eric thought it was referring to the spear but Baguma knew otherwise.

Baguma let out a breath and his demeanor entirely changed.

All the electricity that had been slithering across his body vanished. His pores started letting out red steam and a resolved expression appeared on his face.

Phew!

He breathed out, but blood mist came out with the air.

(Eric, take care of Elec.) That telepathic message was heavy, like a last will. Eric knew the moment those words reverberated in his mind. Baguma was about to put his life on the line!

1