Chapter 135 Preparations For War
55 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

RB Chapter 135 Preparations For War

January, 03, 2200.

The festivities had lasted until 02nd, January. The entire world had celebrated and it seemed to have also been a competition as all the cities had launched all bizarre manner of fireworks into the sky. A lotus had even bloomed above one of the cities in China. The entire world had decided to send their accomplishments to everyone causing them to see all the bizarre images and videos.

Today, at the top most tip of the Cairo Super city, a conference of utmost importance was taking place. As usual, Cleo was the host.

"Thank you for coming, I know that some of you still wanted to continue celebrating for over a week, but as you know, the war machine has already kicked into high gear and there is no way that it will pause." Cleo stood on the podium facing hundreds of holograms, the morning sun at her back. She was clad in a black pencil skirt, coupled with a suit and a ruffled white blouse underneath. She was solemn, different from the relaxed feeling that she always gave off. She had a sharp aura, like a general preparing for war.

All of the other holograms were seated in a semi-cucular arrangement, facing the podium.

"I believe all the preparations for war are complete...I even made sure that the underground cities provided aid. Is there any one who still hasn't completed their preparations?" She asked as her sharp gaze roamed all. Some flinched, embarrassing themselves greatly.

Elder Muti, was one of the holograms. His entire demeanor radiated clamness. He wasn't worried at all as all the preparations had already been completed.

"Let's start the war council meeting. Don't talk about useless nonsense like that." One of the people in the room commented nonchalantly.

"Sure." Cleo detracted her gaze and stared down on the podium. Even though her city was in the top four, it didn't mean that she could afford to offend all the people here.

"The energy channelers aren't to be conscripted into any army! Instead, they are to form small teams and work to eliminate any threats that can't be eliminated by the normal troops and technology. Do you agree?" She asked.

"That's how it ought to be." One person said and the others agreed. Most of those energy channelers had just broken through, and even a soldier wouldn't be able to work effectively with his teammates if the entire squad was filled with normal people.

"Remember, this is a war to retake our land, in other words, an extermination! If you simply push the beasts back, it will instead leave behind a hidden danger, so...let's start a massacre!" After that statement, she released so much bloodlust that it caused even the holograms to tremble.

"The entire federation will also provide air support as all aerial weapons have been placed in the hands of this council. Remember, no city is allowed to activate their air forces without the approval of the majority of council members in this room. If it is done, then you will be abandoned by the council." 

'That is harsh!' Eric who was in a certain room in Kampala city thought. The entire meeting was being broadcasted across the entire continent.

"It is good that we don't have to join the command of weaklings." Elena, who was in the room commented.

"Now, onto the main topic..." Cleo, whom they were watching through the screen had her face gain a trace of solemnity.

"...the spectrum warriors, in other words, the legends. How are we going to handle their distribution?" Cleo asked.

The moment she did, there was a commotion and a cacophony of noise appeared in the room. Some of the voices were puzzled, not understanding what spectrum warriors were, while others were giving out their ideas and causing arguments.

'Some don't even know what spectrum warriors are!? Do they lack an information network?' Cleo fixed her collar as her eyes gazed at the crowd.

"I know some of you lack information about the spectrum warriors...so, after this meeting it will be sent to you." She said, silencing the noise.

"Shouldn't the spectrum warriors of a particular city, only defend it?" An old man with a bald head asked. He was the current head of one of the super cities. His entire face was painted with disdain. He even felt that bringing up the topic of spectrum warriors in this meeting was unwarranted.

He was dressed in traditional African clothing, and his gaze alone made the people near him uncomfortable.

"Elder Ibhubesi, your city has multiple spectrum warriors according to the information I have..., not to mention the weapons that you have tucked away...lending a few of them out shouldn't be a problem, right?" Cleo asked as patiently as she could without losing her temper.

"But, they were nurtured by us, why would we lend them out?" He asked, crossing his arms on his chest.

"Are you for real? This is the African federation! It was formed precisely, for us to work together." One of the people criticised.

"Yes. You hail from a super city. It is practically guaranteed that you will most definitely survive the war. We, who don't even have a single spectrum warrior will definetly lose many people if a spectrum level beast attacks!" Another person shouted. That led to a chain reaction where people threw insults at the man and even pointed at him. His expression which had a smile of smugness finally warped into a dark one as insults continuously entered his ears.

Of course not everyone was jumping out to critic the man. Some were calm, others looked like they were watching a play take place and many others were simply amused.

"Remember, all the people on the continent are closely following this meeting, so you are practically embarrassing yourselves." Cleo reminded them.

There was no need for reporters to be in the room as the cameras were being managed by an artificial intelligence, which was directly sending the footage to the television stations.

"Kuk!" One of the few almost choked on his saliva upon being reminded and directly sat down, automatically morphing his face to bear a fake smile.

Even though they all stopped shouting, they still glared at the elder's seat with rage.

"Most of you are right. This is an alliance...we need to work together to solve the issue with the beasts. If this issue is enough to separate us, what about the other continents? After they take care of their problems, what makes you so sure that they target us next?" Cleo banged her fist on the podium. She had also been worked up. If she didn't have to maintain her image, she would have barraged the Ibhubesi family elder with insults.

"I have a proposal...all the known spectrum warriors will fight alone or in teams with energy channellers. If a threat which needs their attention appears, they can be called upon. We have aerial transports, even those cities which are far away can be sent aid in just a matter of minutes." Cleo looked around at the audience.

"That's...a great idea!"

"We all agree!"

"That would be a pleasant idea." 

Many were happy with the outcome except those who didn't want to provide their warriors in the first place.

"Elder Ibhubesi and all the other cities with more than one spectrum warrior will have their surplus distributed to other cities. It won't be related to the level of the city, instead, they will be given territories to manage. If they can't deal with their threats, they can ask for help from the nearby warrior." Cleo provided more clarification, and seeing no voices of dissatisfaction, she became elated.

Of course there were still those who were unhappy with the arrangement, for example elder Ibhubesi. His cheeks were puffed in a childish way, he was too cute!

That was Cleo's thought. She placed her palm in front of her mouth to hide her smile.

"This room that we are meeting in is going to become the overall theater of operations." Cleo once again said, before clapping her beautiful hands twice causing a large screen to rise up from the floor behind her. It contained the entire map of the continent with many markings.

"The green markings are the cities, the brighter the color, the higher the level of the city." She explained.

"What about the underground cities?" Someone asked.

"The underground cities aren't on this map. They are supposed to be a secret. Besides, they are more vulnerable to attacks than the ones above ground. If a beast manages to gain the information here...they will be in trouble." She had paused a little to allow it to sink in.

"This map has everything that is happening right now in real time, we used up a lot of funds to create the technology capable of such a thing. Except for those densely packed forests, we can essentially monitor everythjng that happens on the continent."

"Wow!" Leah, who was occupying a sofa with Elena exclaimed.

"I wonder how much was put into this! I bet the Black Diamond Group didn't contribute to this alone." Eric said seriously. This map was priceless. If anyone with nefarious purposes stole the data, everyone would be in danger.

'It probably the reason why the underground cities weren't added to it. This woman is clever.' Eric thought while looking at the screen showing that valiant and beautiful figure.

2