Chapter 138 Kampala City’s Preparations (3)
51 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

RB Chapter 138 Kampala City's preparations (3)

'Oy! Oy! Oy! I didn't even see how she managed to reach me!' Monki was sweating, a look of terror in his eyes.

"Chloe, there's no need to deal with such trash. Remember, we have many enemies here. They will use it as a prerequisite to deal with us." Eric was currently clutching Chloe's arm, preventing it from moving any further.

Her long and sharp nails were only an inch away from digging into Monki's neck. If Eric hadn't acted in time, there was no doubt that Monki would have perished!

"He has to apologise before I let him live." Chloe suggested a compromise through gritted teeth. She was very very angry. Electricity was flashing all over her body, startling the crowd, but Eric's palm, which he was using to restrain her hand didn't show any signs of injury. That was the absolute control afforded to a person when they became a spectrum warrior.

"Sorry sorry sorry. It won't happen again." Monki apologised profusely. His staff had long dropped to the ground and his arms were raised in a gesture of surrender.

"I don't believe you!" Chloe shouted.

"Chloe, look at me. Let's end this here. You can take your revenge at a time where there are fewer people." Eric said. His left arm, which he was using to restrain her hand was faintly bulging. Black rhombus shaped scales were covering it and occasionally, electric sparks slithered across it like tiny snakes. Since he used only one hand to restrain the momentum of her charge, he could feel that some of the blood vessels had raptured.

"Monki, this is entirely your fault, so I won't help." A voice came from Monki's side. It was from Dora, who was dressed in a black combat suit. It emphasized all her curves and assets. Many in the crowd drooled at her figure.

"I will spare you, but make sure that you stay far away from me when you enter the wilderness." Chloe retracted her hand and went back to Leah and Elena with Eric in toe.

"Remember, energy channellers are common now, you aren't special anymore, so its better to restrain yourself." Sally's voice came from behind him.

"Sally, I have more experience than those riffraff." Monki argued. He had thrown Chloe's threat to the back of his mind instantly. Everyone wondered how it was easy for him to flip his expressions.

"What if they gang up on you?" She retorted, causing him to become speechless. He bent down and picked up his spear.

"I heard Mugumivu isn't going to be participating on the battle. What loophole did he use?" Elena asked. He brown eyes staring at Sally.

"Tch! The position came with the privileges. What magnificent luck! He's a dushbag. He even used it to prevent miss Njibwa from participating." Monki clicked his tongue and kicked at the ground. This was going to be a chance for him to connect with the woman without the presence of the boyfriend, but then the boyfriend used a trick to make the woman stay by his side! What a rotten thing!

"I heard about the legends/spectrum warriors. It looks like we have to treat you with caution now." Sally moved on. Her gaze was fixed on Eric.

"I don't care about what you think. It would be better if we don't interact much." Eric answered. These people weren't trustworthy at all.

"I came for an alliance. Right now, there are many energy channellers...and we have plenty of enemies in the city. If they hire some of them to deal with us, it will become troublesome, so..."

"...you want to join the team of a guy whose power surpasses that of energy channellers to gain protection!" Leah, who had been silent all along completed.

"Yes, that's basically the gist of it." Sally wasn't perturbed by the interruption.

"The chances of an alliance forming between us is zero, not to mention that Monki already offended Chloe. This is the only time that I will stop her." Eric refused calmly and directly.

Sally wrinkled her brows as she analysed the situation in her mind.

"I don't particularly care. We haven't been slacking off. We have been training and sparring with each other almost daily. There is no way that we will lose against these newbies." Dora commented from the side, looking at the crowd with blatant disdain and provocation.

'These people still haven't realised that their value has already dropped considerably, only Sally.' Eric shook his head upon seeing the expressions of Monki and Dora.

"Citizens of Kampala city, I, your mayor is very happy with your cooperation." The elder's voice entered their ears attracting their attention.

Elder Muti, clad in a black suit, his hair combed backwards as usual stood on the podium with a commanding presence. There were four other familiar and unfamiliar people standing in his background.

"Through the formation of the African federation, we have finally gained the power to take back our lost land. This has already shown the power of working together.

My citizens, don't you want to farm, to be able to walk out of the city and explore the outside world, not suffocated by technology? Don't you want to breathe in the natural fresh air?" With every sentence, elder Muti's voice rise an octave.

The people gathered in the clearing were those who were going to participate in the war. The ordinary citizens were in the comfort of the city watching this speech from their homes or work.

"The time for all that has come! Taking back our land will give you the privilege to have your kids running around this natural environment.

This war will allow us to gain fertile land and resources. For those of you here, in this clearing, some of you want to make a name for yourselves, to be revered by countless people. I tell you this, if you manage to perform well, that won't be far away from you!" The elder's spittle flew around as he spoke. His voice was so vigorous that you would think that a man in his 30s was speaking.

"Our city has been blessed with someone who has an interesting genetic a ability. Her name is miss Kiwuka." The elder gestured behind himself, causing Kiwuka to wave to the crowd. She was still in her tracksuit, but she didn't appear shy at all.

"She has the genes of a queen ant. That allows her to produce millions of soldier ants. That in turn, means that fewer of our citizens are going to be sent to the battlefield. Her ants are going to be the first wave. 

Now, don't be shocked at their appearance, they are our allies. They will only attack the beasts. Now, miss Kiwuka, if you please." Elder Muti stepped back, allowing Kiwuka to the fore.

The moment Kiwuka came into the stage, she opened her mouth and a sound, at a frequency not recorded by the human ear, came out, proliferating in all directions.

"Ants? Hoh! Then she must be one of elder Muti's surbordinates." Monki's eyes narrowed. This woman must have been the one who had launched the ants that attacked their clans. They had to remember her appearance!

"Ants? Could it be...?"

"But she looks like a good person!"

"Even if she killed some, she helped get rid of the scourges, the ten clans!"

"But what about my brother? He was innocent! An ant tore him in half!"

"You should blame the ten clans!"

"Yeah! If they hadn't forcefully clung to power, none of our people would have died!"

Many people in the crowd started shouting and getting rowdy the moment they were introduced to Kiwuka. They managed to even connect her to the ants that had attacked the ten clans.

Sounds of digging where heard after a few seconds, quieting down the rowdy crowd. They were divided as to whether the woman was likable or not. Even those in the city.

From above, in the shape of a ring outside the city, tunnels began to open up from beneath the ground and ant after ant matched out in order.

Here in the clearing, they appeared behind the crowd, further from the city.

"They are the same!"

"Wow! Isn't that ant almost two meters tall?"

"Yeah! And its length surpasses that of a car!"

"Those mouth parts are dangerous!"

"It seems they are going to be the vanguard!"

"Wow! That means that they will take care of the easy ones!"

"Hahahahaha...hail Kampala city! Hail the mayor!"

Someone shouted that, and like a spark, it set off a raging flame of cheers from the crowd. Those inside the city also cheered loudly.

The ants were so many that they formed over ten rings around the entire city! Their black exoskeletons were so polished that they reflected the sun. They were facing away from the city and they were so quiet it was eerie.

"Those ants are dangerous!" Eric had his face gain a solemn expression. One, would be easy to deal with, five, easy, one hundred, still easy! But a thousand, even if he exhausted all his entire energy, he would still die!

"Killing that woman is going to hard!" Elena was facing the podium, killing intent in her eyes as she looked at Kiwuka, who was basking in the glory.

"We must get revenge on her, and in the most torturous way possible!" Leah's voice appeared dark and gloomy, giving chills to all the nearby people. They never thought that the quiet her would have such intense, venomous hatred hidden inside of her!

1