Chapter 164 Aftermath
36 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

         RB Chapter 164 Aftermath

"Where is my bag?" A question popped out of Eric's mouth but he wasn't expecting an answer. He sat up and scanned the surroundings. He managed to locate it. It was about 6m away and the straps appeared to have snapped. Dust had coated the fabric, not to mention the holes caused by the shrapnel.

'I can't crawl towards it.' Eric thought. His injuries would reopen. The shrapnel which had been embedded inside hadn't yet been removed. That had to be done at the hospital. Plus, she might have asked the woman who had bandaged up his wounds, but she appeared to be very busy.

So he decided to search for the bags that the others had, to see if there was any, near.

"Elena, pass me your bag." He asked. Elena's bag was lying beside her body. She was dazed, a feeling of emptiness inside her.

"Elena!" Eric had to call her name a second time for her to finally register his voice.

He gestured towards the bag, which she passed over silently. She didn't even ask him what he wanted with her bag, having kicked out all other thoughts from her mind except the memories of Leah, which played inside her head over and over, on a loop.

Eric roughly handled the bag and rummaged through the things inside as if he was searching for something. The underwear entered his vision but he ignored it altogether. Chloe was staring at him, but didn't dissuade him upon seeing the serious look in his face.

Something cold and metallic was felt on his fingers, causing his eyes to light up. He withdrew his hand, with the metallic object being wrapped by his fingers.

He fumbled with opening it, but once open, he threw it away in disappointment. 

"Did the ATP syringes shatter?" Chloe asked at the side.

"Yes. It must have been the shockwave." He answered. Normally, even when the case fell, the syringes wouldn't shatter, but due to the bomb, they had, and the Yellow liquid had been wasted, being soaked up by the sponge.

"I was going to at least use one to speed up the healing, but..." Eric felt stuffy, wanting to shout in frustration, but he saw no point in that, causing his body to lie back onto the ground.

"Don't worry, we will heal. We should first go to the hospital." Chloe said.

"But what about Leah?" Eric asked in a tired voice.

"Don't worry, we will find her. I don't think she was Monki's target." Chloe linked their hands together. She was trying to transmit warmth and positivity.

-----

23 minutes after the explosion...

"Mistress! Mistress!" A voice called out. Sally vaguely heard that voice as she enjoyed her sleep, thinking that it was a dream. She subconsciously tugged at the covers trying to get a bit more sleep, as if she had developed an understanding that that voice always interfered with her dreams.

Sally, not hearing anymore of the voice thought that the person had left only to feel two hands gripping and shaking her body vigorously. That caused her to groggily open her eyes, that, and the fact that the covers had been yanked away from her body.

"Mistress! Mistress! Something big has happened!" Sally, upon being woken up that brutely had no choice but to sit up. She tried to rub the sleep from her eyes, to focus on the intruder, her servant Leni.

"What?" Her voice came out cold, bearing threat within. 

"It better be something important." She added, her voice still cold.

"Its bad! An explosion went off in the lobby of the building those four people we met stay at! Three have been injured with one missing!" Leni spoke all in one breath.

"What?" Sally's heart jumped to her throat and all the sleepiness was blown away from her mind.

"What happened?" She stood up and levelled gazes with Leni, asking for details. Though, due to her height, she had to crane her neck up a bit.

"Monki is the prime suspect. And I hear he has vanished. The person who's missing is that teenage girl, Leah." Leni was very jumpy, as if worried about something.

"It was utter carnage! Many people died and many more injured!" Leni started pacing around as words came out of her throat like a broken dam.

"There are around 24 dead, 32 wounded and one missing!"

"Mistress, did you know that Monki was going to be this bold?"

"Monki just sealed his fate! This is a serious crime!"

"What do we do? We knew he was going to act. What if those three expose this information to law enforcement?" Leni started biting her nails as her heels tapped at the floor with increasing intensity.

"We should have given them a serious warning! Shit! Monki that idiot! If it was in times of peace, then he might have gotten away with it, but now..." Lenin's tirade continued.

Sally had long stopped listening and instead was calculating the risks and merits of what had happened.

"Where are the remaining three?" Sally asked while seating on the side of the bed.

"They are at the hospital. I heard they might perform surgery as they have shrapnel inside their bodies." She answered.

"Mistress, what do you think should we do if those three blame us?" Leni finally stopped pacing and asked what was truly bugging her.

"We are going to the hospital." Sally stood up from the bed after reaching a conclusion. Her white night gown slipped off her body, showing off her skin. She never wore underwear to bed, a habit she had fostered since young.

Leni didn't avert her eyes or even try to focus them elsewhere. She simply let them rest on her mistress' body. This scene had happened countless times already and she was used to it. Sally strode into the shower, closing the door behind her.

"Leni, go make the necessary preparations. If we want to remove all doubt from us, we must be the first to strike. Besides, Eric isn't a rash individual." Sally's voice came from inside the bathroom, soothing her worries.

Leni had been panicking, but now, she went out content.

'That was beyond my calculations! Why would Monki do something so detrimental to his existence?' Sally wondered as the warm water started falling on her skin.

1