Chapter 165 Entrapment
31 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     RB Chapter 165 Entrapment

27 minutes after explosion...

"What!?" A shout pierced through the previously silent atmosphere. 

It was Cleo's. Her secretary had come and whispered that an urgent matter needed her attention. Seeing her grave expression, she had stepped out of the room after giving a polite thin smile.

After steeping out, the secretary had informed her of the explosion causing the exclamation.

Cleo's face, which had been smooth, now had wrinkles everywhere. Rage, surprise, shock and many other emotions cycled through it.

"Are those three okay?" As she rifled her hand through her short hair, she asked.

"They are injured, but won't die. Though, Leah...?" The secretary asked.

"Shit! Idiots! We are facing a war with beasts! How could someone take this time to settle their personal grudges? Even injuring normal civilians?" Cleo tapped the ground with her heels and shouted. Thankfully they had descended to a lower floor from that of the conference room.

"Who did this?" Cleo asked, rage still marring her features.

"One of the ten you met, Monki, from the Nkyima clan." 

"You mean that guy, who was antagonising Mugumivu? Lock down this news to that area. Don't allow it to spread!" Cleo ordered causing the secretary to tap at the tablet she always carried with her.

"Those who defaulted from the clan before the terrorist attack are being interrogated, to see if any sort of clue can be obtained." The secretary said. Cleo was biting her lips, passing a hand through her hair and pacing around, heels clicking on the floor.

"How dare he? In MY city? Contact Mugumivu, he must apprehend him at all costs! If he fails, his position will be taken away!...also, contact that damn old citylord! There is no way he failed to see something like this!" Cleo gave a bunch of orders.

"Shit! How long before they can be discharged?" She asked.

"Around two to three days..."

"If they want to hunt that Monkey or Monki themselves, tell Mugumivu to provide them with everything they need." She ordered.

"If I wasn't stuck here, I would have hunted that trash myself!" Cleo stamped the floor in frustration, causing a dent to appear, after which she boarded the elevator to return to the situation room.

-----

"Those fools!!!" Someone was heard roaring, after which a cluster of things appeared to have been pushed off something, causing them to create a cacophony of sound as they made contact with the floor.

The person who had roared was in a room and the things which had fallen had been seating on a table. This was Elder Muti's office...the one where city managing duties took place. He had once again stepped out a little bit from the theater of operations.

The cause had been a phone call which had delivered a grim piece of news, and another from Cairo super city further enflamed his rage, leading to this sight.

He had been harshly reprimanded and given the task of making sure that the perpetrator and all his accomplices were caught.

"We were fooled! How...how could these people have gone and bombed normal civilians for the sake of their petty schemes?" Bunyogovu asked, leaning on the wall, her face even colder than usual.

"Elder, give me permission to slaughter that fat idiot." Bunyogovu asked. She wasn't joking at all!

"What's the point. It will only be seen as an act to spread terror, after all there is no evidence. These imbeciles played well. They even implicates me. This event would put a dent in my reputation in the African Federation."

"They managed to hit many birds with just a single stone." The elder was exasperated, but respect was in his voice at the tactics they had used.

"But that guy doesn't strike me as a scheming genius. This plot is fishy." 

"Of course he isn't one to scheme. Even his supporters can't come up with such a convoluted plot. Someone must have helped them in the shadows." Elder Muti analysed.

"Now, we will need to come up with a plausible explanation on how Monki was able to get a hold of military supplies illegally...something to throw at the federation dogs." He continued. This was giving him a headache.

"This came at the worst possible timing! The war is in full swing and I have to monitor the situation..." Elder Muti sighed at his circumstances.

"Should we issue a mission?" Bunyogovu asked.

"No! That would be a mistake. That woman in Cairo doesn't want the information to spread. We must set a task force, something discreet." 

"We must make sure that he's captured alive. He might be the only one who could allow us to pin the crime on them."

"They must have made preparations to take care of him and any lose ends." She pointed out.

"Yeah, but we must at least try. You never know, we might get lucky."

"Order someone to keep tabs on them. Maybe they will do something sloppy." 

"Yes, sir!" She answered.

"Many innocents died this time. The victims' families are going to be a troublesome matter themselves."

"What if we provide information about our suspicions to Cairo?" Bunyogovu tried to offer a solution.

"They might think that I am trying to get rid of those who oppose my government. That will only dump suspicions on us, a fatal move." He lectured patiently.

"Have you managed to track Monki?"

"Not yet. But according to surveillance footage, he left the city right after the bomb went off." She answered.

"Huh!? How can you come to report on the situation without putting a scouting team on the case first? That's sloppy work, Bunyogovu. I hate sloppy work the most."

"Sorry elder, I will contact them right away!" She bowed in apology. The gravity of the news had temporary clouded her mind.

"Have the best team take on the task." He ordered as she went out the room.

Elder Muti slank back into his chair and rubbed his forehead when she left.

'I wonder what person did they manage to bind to their cause. Who is that clever to come up with such a scheme, and not care about the possibility of facing my wrath? Could it be someone...a remnant from the ten clans? No...someone I cast out? Godfrey Kizike? No, that one loves the laboratory too much. Even though he vanished, he must be researching somewhere.

0