Chapter 170 Heavy Injuries
34 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

    RB Chapter 170 Heavy Injuries

The other dagger was thrown and shattered the windshield only to lodge itself in the throat of the man who had been holding the laser gun. It had been so fast that none had been able to react!

"What?!" The driver paled and flinched upon seeing the blood coming out of his comrade. He was so terrified that he didn't even dare to pick up the laser gun. His hands holding the steering wheel whitened as he considered driving out if here and abandoning the young master. The dagger had been thrown with such strength that it had nailed the guy to the seat.

'Shit! He even had the leeway to deal with my minion! How could he look down on me so!' Monki became enraged and activated his monkey genes.

-----

'What's happening? Leah wondered. The car had screeched to a stop and she had almost groaned from the rough braking. Pain had shot through her body that she had had to grit her teeth, to prevent herself from yelping. The two guys who had been chatting non stop during the way were now quiet, causing her to wonder what was happening. Her curiosity became so much that she wanted it sated, so...

As cautiously as possible, she opened her eyes and peeked, only to see that the car was empty. The two men were just outside, viewing something in the distance with terror etched on their faces. 

Due to her injuries and the fact that she had been unconscious, she hadn't been tied up. So she proceeded to right herself and sat more comfortably. As she focused her gaze, she vaguely made out a fallen car and Monki fighting someone. But, even to her m, it appeared that Monki was on the backfoot.

'Who is attacking now? Judging by how they screeched to a halt, this was an ambush. Could it be that those who helped them set it up? There can't be any other explanation except that.' She thought.

'I need to get away from here, but how? These people have laser guns.' She took a good look inside the car searching for anything that might help. The minions had taken the laser guns with them so she lacked a weapon.

Glass shattered and the two men who had been outside and pointing their laser guns at the duelists hurriedly ran towards the car, causing her to hurriedly lie down so that they wouldn't suspect anything.

"He was killed!"

"That man even had the time to throw a dagger? The young master is definitely going to die! I don't want to die with him! So start the car!"

"The young master hasn't used his genetic abilities, yet."

"What the fuck are you talking about? If the young master fails to hold back that guy, we will be next!" 

"Hey! Why are you pointing that thing at me?"

"Drive!"

"No..."

The two guys started arguing, before one of them abruptly shut up.

"Sorry my friend. I don't want to die out here." The voice was quivering.

Leah heard something being pushed out car and the shifting of something. Then the car started!

"Shit! Shit! I didn't mean to shoot you! You just had to believe in the young master!... Haven't you seen the guy! He's crazy!... We won't survive if we keep following him!" The guy shouted, wheezing in between, probably, he was crying trying to dump the guilt away from himself.

Leah paled upon putting two and two together. The guy had just shot his friend out of terror and now he was going to run away!

-----

Brown fur came out of Monki's skin upon activating his genes. His eyes gained a reddish hue and his clothes split as he became taller. The black suited assassin had jumped away when he activated his transformation, and was looking at at curiously.

"Hmmm...mastery of energy channelling is pitiful. So you are activating those foreign genes, how weak!" The man taunted, but beneath his taunts, he was excited! He wanted to prove that his training could allow him to go toe to toe with a human using their animal genes.

As he waited, for a few seconds, the sound of a car engine attracted his attention, causing his eyes to shift towards the noise. He saw that the last car in the convoy was trying to set off, the driver trying to escape the place.

His face fell and the muscles beneath his suit faintly bulged before the second dagger left his hand...it was so fast that even Monki, whose eyes had been trained on the figure failed to capture its trail!

Boom!

The dagger impacted the front, its tip tearing through the armor plates like paper before making its way into the engine. The car exploded and a blaze was set off.

"Aaaaaaaaaah!" A hair raising scream was heard as the guy burnt within the flames.

Monki didn't miss this chance when the guy was distracted, he made a horizontal sweep with his spear...so powerful and fast was the sweep that the silver spear bent due to the strain.

'I never shifted my attention away from you...having many senses and yet failing to use them, how wasteful!' The man, crouched low, the spear passing overhead, the sound as it sailed through the air entering his ears.

He spun around on the spot and kicked out, his foot connecting with Monki's waist, causing a sickening crunch in the ears as Monki was tossed away like a ragdoll colliding with the vegetation in the way, leaving a trail of destruction!

-----

"Shit!" The people in the only still intact car froze when they heard the explosion. Right now, you could even say that their minds had crashed! They weren't thinking if anything else, new ideas failed to form as terror took over.

They simply sat there, like statues, sapped of life.

-----

"Aaaaa....mmmm....!" The explosion caused Leah to cry out as the shockwave and the heat impacted her skin, she felt as if she was going to be fried alive, her skin started burning instantly due to the high temperature, but she stifled the shout that was about to come out of her mouth. Her teeth grinded against each other as the explosion ripped out the glass in the windows, causing many cuts to her skin due to its velocity.

She failed to understand what had happened as her eyes had been closed, but she knew, that something had exploded. Her ears were ringing, and a headache had appeared in her head, causing her lips to bleed as she fought the urge to scream out. The pain had come back, this time more intense. She could feel the flames on the car seats licking her skin.

'I need to crawl out! I will be burnt alive if I stay!'

-----

"Monki! Monki! Monki! The human body has so much potential!"

"Why are you wasting it?"

Ting! Ting!

"Hmpf!"

All that answered the voice were grunts. Leah could hear them clearly, she had just crawled out of the car wreckage. The car was still burning.

The side of her skin which had been facing the direction of the blast was black, singed to the point that it became charcoal. She had activated her symor and skin, causing emerald scales to cover it for protection, but failed to block the flames.

"Ngh!!!"

Leah stifled a groan as she felt the ground rub against her burnt skin. The pain alone caused her to tremble. The sides of her lips leaked a bit of blood as she bit down on them hard. A part of her face had also not survived the flames, gaining a hideous transformation.

'I must survive! So far so good! He probably hasn't realised that I am still alive...' She thought as she cycled the little energy in her cells to try and expedite the healing process of her burnt skin.

Ting! Ting! Ting!

All that time, her ears could pick up the collision of metal on metal. Monki was still holding out against the man. The man appeared to have retrieved one of the daggers he had thrown towards the other car since she could hear metal on metal sounds.

"Mmmmpf!!"

Leah almost sneezed as the dust entered her nose but she hurriedly muffled it, her gaze on the other side of the road. Her crawling speed was slow but she didn't want to give up, so she slowly crept forward.

-----

"Leah!" Elena shouted upon seeing the car exploding. She was the one concentrated on the video feed the most after Eric. 

"What happened? Is she...is she dead?" Elena asked Sally, tears in her eyes. She felt that if the answer was one she didn't want to hear, she might burst into tears. The vulnerability was there, contained in her eyes.

"I don't know." Sally answered absentmindedly. Her attention was also fixed onto the video feed.

Eric felt as if his heart was yanked out of his chest when the car exploded. But he didn't say anything and instead only waited to see what was going to happen next. The video feed had been shared to his patch so he didn't have to turn his head back and strain his neck.

'She definitely survived! Leah is cautious!'

"Do you know of the origins of the man?" Eric asked through gritted teeth.

"No, but I have heard of someone who fits the profile. Though, the one I have heard of was weaker than this." Sally answered.

"Who is he?" Eric demanded.

"He's an assassin. He goes by the name of Black. He has the highest successful missions and apparently, he hasn't been observed using any genetic abilities." Sally revealed.

"Hmpf! If Leah dies, I will hunt down that rat!" Elena shouted. She was clearly very agitated.

Vroom!!

The engine revved as Chloe kicked on the clutch with force. She was apparently also enraged. The speed of the car which had originally been at 80km/hr was showing signs of increment.

"He's very very dangerous! As you can see, even Monki, an energy channeller, is on the back foot, even with his genetic transformation." Sally explained.

"As long as he isn't a spectrum warrior, then everything is solvable." Eric said.

"But look at his speed! It is almost on par with your fastest. If Monki didn't have highly attuned battle instincts, he would have already suffered a grave injury." Chloe interjected at this time.

"Yeah. I wonder what his secret is...why is he so strong with just energy channelling?" Eric wondered. The drone lacked a microphone to capture the sound, so they didn't know what the man was saying even though they could see his mouth moving when he temporarily paused.

"Look! The back door has been pushed open!" Elena caused their eyes to be once again attracted to the burning car.

A figure, half its skin covered in black, crawled it onto the road. Eric clenched his fists and his eyes became red as he beheld the figure. He could make out the emerald color on the patches of intact scales, allowing him to recognise her as Leah. 

Eric almost rose from his seat in relief at the fact that she was still alive, but he clenched his jaws the next moment upon seeing the injuries on her skin.

"Oh my God!" Elena clamped down on her mouth in fear. It wasn't a fear of what would have happened if it was herself, but a fear of Leah dying to her injuries.

"If I get my hands on him..." Chloe didn't finish but she was grinding her teeth. This wasn't because she particularly cared about Leah, but because of what devastation this scene was doing to Eric.

-----

'The human body is a treasure trove of genes, we just haven't been able to awaken them ourselves so we rely on foreign genes from those animals...suppose I could find a key to awaken them...' The assassin made plans as his dagger clashed with Monki's spear for the umpteenth time. He was simply playing with Monki, trying to improve his newly learned energy channelling powers, getting familiar with their limits and enhancements.

With his speed, this duel would have ended far faster. He could feel it...the current brown furred monkey standing in front of him was panting in exhaustion and weariness. A few nicks on the skin with his dagger had caused some parts of the brown fur to become red. The spear shaft had so many nicks that it looked to be on the verge of breaking into pieces. Of course his dagger wasn't unscathed, it was now dull, the sharp edge even warping in some places, and a few minor cracks were highlighted when he stared at it. Monki's heartbeat was erratic, his blood circulation so fast that it was causing his body temperature to rise. The assassin could feel it, the smell of iron coming out of Monki's mouth with every labored breath he took. His nose was that sensitive! It was a perk from his training as an assassin. They weren't just trained to kill, but to also he able to heighten the sensitivity of each individual sensory organ to the limits!

His strength was on another level but the dagger was made from an alloy not that much superior in quality to the spear.

'I should probably wrap up with playing around.' He thought seriously. 

-----

'What is this guy? Why is he stronger than me? We are both energy channellers!' Monki's mind was a sea of turmoil for his thoughts. This man was so strong that Monki even faintly felt that he could compete with that brat of a monster! Every thrust with the dagger caused a numbness in his arms when he blocked...and the way the it smoothly danced in the assassin's hands...from a forward grip to a back hand grip, was all executed smoothly, making him feel as if his combat experience was sub par in comparison.

"I can feel your heartbeat, kidnapped girl. To me its as loud as drums, so there is no way that you could try to fool yourself into thinking that I don't know of your alive status." The man shouted, causing Monki's pupils to contract! The man had enough spare energy to even focus on something else!

'I need to catch him off guard!' Monki gritted his teeth and a variety of plans danced around in his head.

Monki's chance came at an unexpected time! He blocked one of the guy's thrusts and then channelled energy into his arms, speeding up their movement a few fold!

He changed the position of the spear and performed a thrust! He felt that this was the fastest thrust he had ever performed in his entire life! Even the spear had become a silver bolt of lightning in his eyes!

"Hmm!?"

The guy's mouth leaked out a sound of shock and his outstretched arm was withdrawn with such speed that Monki failed to capture it!

Ting! Crack!

The dagger abruptly appeared in the spear tip's path, but due to the speed and the strength in the thrust, it didn't even last a moment before it was shattered into pieces! The spear continued onto its earlier trajectory...the pieces flying away from the collision with such speed that they rivalled bullets fired from a pistol.

Then Monki felt as if the guy's figure had blurred for a split second before vanishing, causing the spear to hit thin air. Monki felt something amiss...

He didn't pause for a moment, but pulled the spear back and spun it around his body at such speed that it formed a make-shift shield. He looked around searching for the guy's traces after making that preparation. The spear was producing a burst of vibrations in the air due to the speed it was spinning at, causing a whirling sound.

"Woah! I am impressed." A voice came from his front, specifically a few meters away. The assassin was standing on the top of the intact vehicle, where the two minions still alive were huddling up.

Monki panted a little and a regretful feeling passed through his mind at the guy's survival. But his eyes lit up upon seeing the state the assassin was in. His nose was bleeding and he appeared to be wheezing a bit. It seemed that that movement he had performed to evade his thrust had been costly.

'How did he get that far away in such a shirt period of time?' 

"Hahahahahahahaha..." Monki laughed in pure joy upon seeing that. Finally! Finally he had managed to cause the guy injuries...even though indirectly. Though, he was joyful, his mind was screaming alarm bells at that precious display of speed! It signified that he could have been killed in an instant if the guy had been serious!

The guy wiped a sleeve on his nose and looked down on it. Spots of red had appeared on his suit and they were even hit enough to evaporate into a red mist!

"Monki...have you ever made your muscles twitch so fast...like the wings of a hummingbird?" He asked after sometime.

NB; I am back. I have been a bit busy recently, but now I am back. Don't forget to support me on patreon. Also, you can pose questions about the fiction in the comment section as I currently lack the ability to open up a discord. I lack the device to stay online for long periods.

1