Chapter 171 Powerful Will
35 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

RB Chapter 171 Powerful Will

"Monki, strength isn't measured by simple means like genetics, battle experience and most of all energy channelling!"

"Its measured by determining how someone can control and integrate all of the above factors into one!"

The assassin lectured. His entire body was bloodied as blood had even seeped out from the pores of his skin, but he appeared to be nonchalant about it, even having the time to give a lecture.

"I am going to show you what happens when a person has absolute control over all factors of their strength..." The man said before jumping down onto the cover of the engine compartment of the car.

"Hiiiiii..." One of the two men screeched like a woman, his sounds entering both combatants ears. The one occupying the front passenger seat was terrified but he didn't dare to take a single action, simply becoming frozen like a statue and trying with all his means...wishing with all his heart that the monster didn't notice him! Gaining the assassin's attention was fatal...it could be seen from one of his fellows in the driver's seat whose corpse was still giving off warmth.

Monki was panting, but right now, he was taking the chance to recover from some of his injuries. He was thankful that the guy was spouting words. That alone was giving him ample time to relax, and also cool down his body temperature. His hands were tightened around the shaft of the spear, ready to accommodate any attack the assassin could throw at him.

The assassin bent his left arm and it touched his chest, its palm facing outwards...then, Monki noticed something!

The assassin's hand bulged, ripping apart the suit. Then, the air surrounding the palm distorted for a split second before the palm abruptly vanished!

BOOM! Crack!

Monki's ear drums almost shattered as an explosion of sound reached them. The palm had abruptly reappeared in front of the windshield and like magic, it shattered, the glass hurled with such force that it penetrated all the men in the car, embedding itself and leaving gaping bleeding wounds! The glass situated at the back hadn't survived either as the numerous shards of glass had caused it shatter too.

The two men didn't even get a chance to cry out before their lives were robbed from them! Monki's eyes widened at the sight, even forgetting about his bleeding ears and healing his wounds for a moment!

"Do you understand now?" The assassin asked, his hand bleeding, but he wasn't even frowning from the pain, as if he was already used to it. Training to be an assassin provided more pain than torn muscles and broken bones apparently!

Monki was flabbergasted at the arm's speed! At the moment it made impact with the glass, it had shattered the sound barrier, hence the explosion! The men's lives weren't important, what was important now, was how he was going to survive this lunatic! This man was strong, had a complete disregard for his body, and most of all, he appeared to be crazy!

"Mmmm...the human body is too fragile...or could it be that I can't control my own strength well!" The assassin contemplated out loud, causing Monki to stare at the black suited man as if he was the incarnation of a nightmare! The left hand was drooping at his side, having bones fractured in multiple places, not to mention torn blood vessels!

"Hey! Little girl! Let's join forces or we won't survive!" Monki had taken a lesson out of the assassin's lecture and enhanced his hearing, managing to capture the faint beats of Leah's heart. He wanted to join up with her before the assassin recovered enough to attack once again. He didn't want to take the initiative as the man still hadn't used any of his genetic abilities...after all, he might have a deadly ability capable of instantly killing him!

"Hey! I know you are still alive, I can feel your heartbeat!" He shouted when no answer had come.

"Monki, that girl is heavily injured, even if she manages to join you, her energy and degree of help will be limited." The assassin mocked. He was taking this respite to recover the injuries to his arm. He was confident that he had given Monki quite the scare that he wouldn't dare to initiate an attack. The previous speedy retreat had caused multiple injuries inside his body so he'd had no choice but to make such a display to terrify him so that he could gain the time to recover.

-----

In this world, there is something called a will. It exists within the intelligent lifeforms known as humans. Some have a weak will, cowards...they will run away or collapse at the slightest sign of hardship or danger, and some, have a strong will, capable of pushing forward no matter the hardship or danger.

But a strong will isn't something someone is born with, instead it is forged by experience...the things someone experiences during their lifetime.

One such person was here now, Leah!

Her entire body was aching, a searing feeling emanating from the wounds caused by the explosion of the car and the flames, the pain when the blackened skin was pressured by the ground her body was lying on, not to mention the pain felt when soil and gravel scrapped the wounded skin...

All of this pain was enough to have a person die from the combination, but she was gritting her teeth forcefully and enduring all of it. Her brown eyes had turned emerald, with a dark vertical slit running g through the pupils. Right now she had activated her snake genes causing her feet to turn into a snake tail, but the pain alone kept her from losing her mind to the transformation.

Little by little, she was slithering away from the road, trying with all her might to reach the side where, grass was awaiting her.

Only her will to leave was keeping her body conscious! It was so strong that she didn't even notice that she was mobilising a greater strength from her cells.

Her brainwaves were increasing in strength due to her strengthening will power, if Eric had been here, he would have been elated and surprised! Leah was showing signs of entering the spectrum level! Her brainwaves had started to have signs of affecting the electromagnetic spectrum!

"Hey!..." A word broke through her ears and dazed mind, but she failed to catch the rest of the words. She knew it was Monki and chose to ignore him. The second time, he spoke, she heard his words clearly.

'He's right! We must first get rid of this man, but I lack the power to fight, what do I do?' Leah stopped slithering and contemplated. She forcefully cut off all the nerve cells transmitting pain, they were getting in the way.

'I only have enough energy to create a chance.' She thought, before turning her head to the side and catching sight of the assassin, of course, she could only see half his body as the other half was obscured by the vehicle.

'I just need to create a moment!' She thought while raising her palm. As she did, a stray thought emerged in her mind...the guy was monitoring everything she was doing even without looking in her direction...that thought caused her to instinctively unleash the power of her brainwaves, causing a distortion around her, but she didn't notice it as she was pointing her left index finger at the assassin's head.

A nail, shaped like a tip of a needle grew out. It was emerald, like her scales, and it was coated with a lethal green liquid! It was about 3 inches in length and a half inch in width at the base where it made contact with the finger.

'There is poison inside...now for the shape, it must have barbs, plus I have injected a few poison sythesizing cells inside. They will be like viruses, turning all of his cells into poison ones. Now I just have to decide on the launch mechanism!' She thought as she constructed a blue print in her mind.

'The launch mechanism... Blood!' A light bulb lit up in her brain!

She directed all of her body's energy into that one finger and then....

Pussshhhhh!

The tip of the finger was torn off as high pressure blood short out, launching the projectile nail dart!

The moment it launched, it pierced through one of the assassin's ears instantly, causing a loud wail to sound, but she didn't even have any time to admire her work before, her body lost all energy and she slumped onto the ground.

-----

Monki started panicking inside when he didn't hear that girl's voice. He even had the thought that his ears were decieving him, but he didn't want to channel energy into his other sensory organs...that would require a high level of concentration, leaving himself open to attack, so he didn't dare attempt it!

'What is she doing? Huh!?' As he was wondering, the sound of her heartbeat abruptly vanished, causing him to become shocked and wonder whether she had died! Monki tried very hard to hide all the inner turmoil, preventing it from manifesting on his face.

The assassin's expression adopted a mocking grin too when he felt her life signs vanishing. Leah had unconsciously masked them with her new found powers, but because the assassin didn't know of the abilities possessed by spectrum warriors, he didn't deign to confirm, if he had, he might have avoided what happened next!

"Aaaaaaaah!" A wail of pain entered Monki's ears as he captured blood coming out one of the assassin's ears. It was a mix of red and green!

'Poison!' He concluded instantly in his mind, but that didn't stop his body from instinctively acting on the opening!

'Thank you little brat! If you are dead, then I will mourn you. I am going to make sure that I don't waste this chance that you have created for me!!!' Monki howled on his mind.

At the fastest speed his body was capable of, he made a throwing stance, his arm bulging as he pumped a lot of his energy into it!

'Thanks for the lecture, assassin!' He thought before his hand blurred, the spear vanished from his hands, turning into a silvery streak, only to make a fist sized hole within the assassin's forehead, but its momentum didn't abate in the slightest as it continued on, vanishing from within Monki's gaze.

The wailing expression became the last the man ever made.

"Haaaaah..." Monki directly sat down onto the road, exhaustion finally setting in. This was a battle that had taken much out of him. From the start he had been on the backdoor, the assassin pressuring him so much that he had lacked any ability to retaliate!

'I need to get out of here, fast!' He hurriedly stood up, mustering the remaining energy in his cells. First, he went towards Leah. There was no need to check on his minions as they were dead. Even if one miraculously survived, he wouldn't care about them! Right now he only had one thought in his mind even as his body swayed with a every step...and that was to check on the girl. She had created the precious opening.

Monki despised certain types of people, but he was grateful to the girl. If she still had one breath in her, he was going to take her away and nurse her to health...if she was dead, then he was going to bury her.

'They know most of my plans. I need to change things so that those people don't prepare another trap.'

-----

Not one person had any words at the battle's conclusion. The car simply drove along in silence. Eric was frowning in contemplation while even Elena lacked the words. Sally looked as if she had been enlightened, while Chloe was pursing her lips.

The assassin's combat power had shocked these four. He had simply been too strong! If Leah hadn't resorted to a sneak attack, both she and Monki would have died!

"Is Leah still alive?" Elena, intently looking at the floating video feed, asked. Her voice was quivering in her throat. Eric wanted to answer to the contrary, but he couldn't detect anything when he was this far away. Leah was lying down, her body unmoving, so no one could have an accurate judgement.

"..." Chloe opened her mouth, but words failed to form.

"What ability do you think that guy used at the end?" Sally's abrupt question caused glares to dig into her body, causing her already petit form to shrink further into the seat.

"Can you tell miss Njibwa to save Sally if she finds her...still alive." Eric posed the suggestion.

"I doubt she will." Sally refuted.

"I will owe her a favor." Eric said without missing a beat.

The moment he said that, all turned their eyes towards him. The favor was valuable as the power he had exposed made it so.

"She might consider...I will open a channel. You will talk to her yourself." Sally said before the holographic screen split in half and a black screen appeared on the other half. The change didn't just happen to the screen floating in front of her, but also to the one floating in front of Eric.

"What is it?" The image of a beautiful woman, adorned in a white SYMOR reminiscent of feathers appeared. Her voice contained a trace of impatience which was even on her beautiful face.

"I want a favor...save Leah and you will owe me." Eric got straight to the point. His gaze was steely, like he was a person going to war.

"Hmmm..." Impatience vanished from Njibwa's face as she contemplated the offer. This was a very huge offer. She knew, because that woman in Cairo seemed to hold this boy in high regard.

"Okay, but if she's already dead what happens to the favor?" She asked in businesslike tone.

"Then nothing..."

"Boy, I hold all the cards. I can arrive there, destroy all the drones and kill her, then what would you do?" She asked with a grin.

"Rrrrrrrr..." Elena's breath ticked the back of his neck. If Njibwa had been near, she would have pounced.

Eric was also angry, but his face didn't register any change. He was fighting hard inside to keep himself from shouting out.

"Then I will have no choice but to slaughter all of you." He answered through gritted teeth, but his intent was clear.

"Okay, I will agree. If I find her corpse, I won't meddle with it though." Njibwa agreed before terminating the connection on her end.

"That woman...who does she think she is? Is being Mugumivu's fiance that special? Or does she think that she holds massive power? Heh? Power requires strength to maintain..." Elena didn't finish, but everyone could pick up her intention. 

"Don't think about doing something reckless...like Monki." Sally advised.

"Shut up! I am still not going to forgive you." Elena turned her gaze out the window after that.

"How far are we from them?" Eric asked.

"About 20 minutes out."

"Hmmm...what is Monki doing?" Eric's question attracted everyone's attention. When they stared into the screen, they saw Monki picking up Leah's body and hoisting it up on his shoulder before running off into the ruins with trees growing on them at the side of the road.

"He still hasn't given up?" Elena practically shouted out that question.

"..." Eric sighed.

"Could it be that she's still alive?" Eric's eyes lit up as a burst of hope was born in his heart.

"What!? But what would he want with her now? As a bargaining chip...or hostage?" Sally asked in puzzlement. Even the other three couldn't understand his motives.

"Too bad, the drones aren't advanced enough to follow him. They would only be able to fly very high and he can throw them off his trail by hiding." Chloe said.

"That why we need to hurry. With his choice of direction, he must be heading northwest, his target the front line. If he manages to break into beast territory, then we will have a hard time finding him again." Eric said.

-----

"Madam, what are we going to do? Monki must be heading to the frontline." The woman who controlled the drones asked. Now they had become useless as Monki had entered a jungle of trees and concrete structures, a city ruin.

"We will keep following. We must capture him before he reaches the front line. Besides, he will be slowed by the burden he's carrying on his shoulder." Njibwa answered while looking out the window.

'That brat! Once your usefulness drops, I will make sure you disappear!' Njibwa thought as she remembered the deal with Eric. She didn't like his cockiness. He was younger than her but acted as if they were at the same level...something which infuriated her. If she didn't fear his other form, she would have asked this team to wipe him out!

'Its better if he crosses into beast territory, then he will die there.' That thought was left unsaid. Monki was a troublesome variable...a fly. The only one who was at loggerheads with her fiance. Him dying in the wilderness would be more beneficial to Mugumivu.

"Madam, why did you agree to owe that brat a favor? Is he someone important?" The captain, who was seated in the passenger seat asked. His question also made the other two curious.

"You don't need to know. All you have to do is do your jobs. Did the Black Diamond Group nurture gossipers?" Njibwa burst out, causing even these experts to flinch at the outburst.

1