Chapter 185 Counterattack Of The Beasts
30 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 RB Chapter 185 Counterattack Of The Beasts

The sun reached its peak at around noon. The battle was still raging, the machines and ants not showing any signs of tiring. The white furred monkey saw the humans exchanging those things with yellow liquid inside to replenish their energy on multiple occasions.

'The time has come...' The monkey had used its domain to sync with the earth's magnetic field. It had been a result of experimenting with multiple wavelengths that had managed to allow it to pick out such a frequency.

The white furred monkey's body blurred for a split second before the crown of the tree exploded into splinters and scattered into the surroundings. The monkey vanished, appearing a short distance away, where it diagonally started dropping towards the ground.

In the corner of its eyes, six other streaks of light launched from the tree, following behind it. The target was the front line.

"Heh!" A weird grin speed across its lips giving it a menacing appearance. The coat flapped in the wind, the spear strapped behind the monkey's back remaining untouched. These few humans weren't worthy of its use.

It manipulated the domain around it, causing the air to shimmer and distort. It was a simple trick serving to prevent the technological constructs of the humans from locking in its position. The problem with those things was that they were controlled by an AI. If the lock-on failed, there was no way that they would release the deadly beams.

Boom!

A crater appeared where it landed, with a green liquid having splattered, coupled with pieces of a black exoskeleton. An ant had been crushed to death upon its landing. The moment it regained its faculties(in the fraction of a second), it turned into a blur and attacked the nearest ants. It simply unleashed the most normal of punches, though these ones were quite fast, and powerful. Every ant exploded with every punch thrown. The monkey's feet never stopped moving as it unleashed hell upon them. In between attacking, it got the time to glimpse at its followers, who weren't holding back, especially that creature which liked to be invisible. It had crushed through the ants and now was destroying the advanced human weaponry, turning it into scrap metal as it tried to bore through to the humans at the back.

'Killing these humans is more important.' The monkey also came to that realisation, deciding to act upon it, directing some energy into its feet and kicking off the ground. 

Boom!

The ground cratered as its body increased in speed, causing it to leave holes in the metal constructs, instantly appearing in front of the terrified humans. It saw fear, terror and a myriad of other expressions, savoring them in the single span of a second before acting.

It took a step, instantly reaching a man at its front, where it proceeded to rip his head off the body, leaving a geyser of blood to spring out of the left over body. The blood didn't even stain the pristine white fur as it made its way to the others, proceeding with the same action, ripping off limbs, severing them in half and many other grotesque ways that it could think of. The humans didn't even have the time to react, since it had used its spectrum domain to apply pressure upon their brainwaves, a form of suppression which made it hard to act. With their power at the energy channelling level, there was otherwise no way that they wouldn't have acted.

Blood pooled as the other five also managed to puncture through the two front lines. Many energy channelling level humans lost their lives every second as they had never faced a spectrum beast. The domains alone made it certain that they lacked the means to react, only being able to look on as they were being slaughtered.

The white furred monkey tried all ways of slaughter that it could think of. It knew that those technological metal constructs had ways through which they were transmitting what was going on to the upper echelon of the humans. It was deliberately slaughtering the humans in grotesque ways so that it got the fear and terror across to them.

A few minutes later, everything ended. All the humans had been slaughtered and the laser weaponry turned into scrap metal. The other mindless beasts had taken the chance that these seven had created and made it to the back lines where they destroyed the laser weaponry, of course losing many of theirs in the process. They lacked the spectrum domain to obscure themselves from the targeting of the laser weapons, so they had been slaughtered enmasse.

"What's next?" As the white furred monkey was seated on a rock, with a human head in its hands, taking in the look of terror on the severed head, a question caused it to look up.

"Next...we...will...raid...the other...front lines...we will...repeat...it until...they learn...true terror!" The white furred monkey's intense gaze caused the yellow furred one to take a few steps backwards in fear.

'Pathetic!' The white furred monkey scoffed in its mind at such unsightly behaviour.

The yellow furred monkey took a step forward in a false sense of bravado, but the white furred monkey had already returned its gaze to the head in its hands. The head was of a male human, the blood had all drained away and what little was left had colored and dried. The widened pupils and the elongated face caused a burst of happiness in the white furred monkey's chest. This was what it wanted. Humans had to be shown that even they, the beasts could be a terror.

-----

'That monkey is crazy in the head. It will be better if I keep my distance.' As the yellow furred monkey walked away, such a thought was entertained in its head. It didn't even dare to look back. The gaze with which that white furred one had directed its way had given it the chills. That monkey was cruel, very very cruel!

As it walked among the many corpses, it saw that the other beasts didn't dare to eat any which were near the seven. They, as mindless beasts a cutely understood the difference in power, not daring to get within 100m of them. The yellow furred monkey didn't feel joyful at such respect, instead it felt that bleak days were ahead. The humans will take a few loses, and then after that, they might send something which can wipe them all out. While the other five spectrum allies feasted on the bodies, it instead tried to think of a way it could manage to survive. Even negotiating with the humans wasn't out of the realm of possibility.

As the yellow furred monkey was moving through the corpses, deep in thought, its body seemingly in auto pilot, a grunt of dissatisfaction entered its ears. When it banished its thoughts to give its undivided attention to the beast that had interrupted, it was met with serpentine eyes which were glaring its way.

'Fellow, you are clearly a bull, why did you have to go and absorb the useless eyes of a snake?' The yellow furred monkey shook its head at the humanoid bull's utter stupidity. The bull was one of the seven spectrum beasts under the white furred one, just like itself. It had ash grey skin and instead of prowling with all four hooves on the ground like all its brethren, it had evolved to stand on two limbs, with the others turning into hands. It had probably devoured a monkey or human to incorporate the genetic code. Its head was still that of a bull with the two horns and all.

The reason it was glaring was that the yellow furred monkey had unintentionally gotten close to its feeding turf. The monkey saw that the bull had been crouching down, devouring a leg from a headless human body.

'Aren't you supposed to be a vegetarian or something?' The monkey amused itself with the thought. It didn't want to be taken as hostile so it distanced itself away from the bull. They were still comrades after all, and many of them cared a fair bit about personal space.

As the yellow furred monkey moved away, the bull kept half its attention on it while the other went back to the mouth watering limb it was devouring.

"Hey! Why aren't you feeding? This is a tasteful meal right here." Another voice called out once the monkey had made it out of the bull's strike range. It came from a distortion with half a human's body floating in the air. The intestines too that chance to fall out causing the monkey to look away.

"I don't have the appetite." The monkey answered.

'Why would I want to eat like a barbarian? We have to be civilised.' The yellow furred monkey thought. If its face was human, its facial expression would have been one of disgust.

'...its bad enough that I have to be in a group with the crazies but I even have to go through the torture of watching them eat...what a pain!' The yellow furred monkey chose a different direction this time, and went towards a place with relatively fewer beasts. The other mindless ones didn't dare feed on any of the corpses of the humans, instead, they fed on their fallen brethren.

"This war, is it good or bad? Can the humans be negotiated with? Can we win? I wonder whether the other four except for the two lunatics, the boss and the distortion, have thought through these things." The yellow furred monkey mumbled as it directed its gaze at the rock the white furred monkey was seated on. The monkey had a crazy grin on its face, as it stared at the severed head.

'Is it okay to be led by it? Too bad its powers are unfathomable. I can't afford to antagonise it. The best way is to wait for a chance. How I miss that rejected gorilla. If it had been part of the group, I would have had someone to chat with.' The yellow furred monkey lamented while leaning against a destroyed device, one of the laser batteries.

Even though the monkey felt all sorts of insecure, it didn't detract what they had finally achieved, a victory over the humans. This front line had fallen, but the beasts weren't showing any signs of trickling through the breach. They just fed, lazed around and slept, waiting for further orders. Even though their intelligence was low, it wasn't so low that they would attack the base of the humans.

-----

"What happened? How could there be seven spectrum beasts?" Someone's voice pierced through the other sounds, echoing in the room. The voice belonged to elder Muti, who had just gotten the news. The situation had been progressing in a favorable way such that he had been making less and less of an appearance in the theater of operations. He had been in the middle of enjoying his scrumptous lunch of sweet potatoes and groundnut soup when Bunyogovu, the person he had chosen to temporarily replace him burst into his office.

She was very ruffled, something which was very rare for her. He even caught a glint of terror within her eyes which she was trying very hard to hide.

She was holding a tablet PC to his face, showing the slaughter that had just taken place a few minutes ago.

"Wait? Are the beasts advancing within the formation?" Elder Muti abruptly stood up, asking that question. His face became quite pale at the thought that they might March onto the city. Spectrum level lifeforms could manipulate waves, making it so that the energy shield around the city wouldn't be able to stop them if they decided to attack.

"No, it appears that they are lounging around the place, eating the bodies of the fallen people and their fellow beasts." Bunyogovu answered as she kept step behind him. He was walking at a very fast pace towards the theater of operations. This was going to be a very troublesome issue. The energy channellers might become cowed from joining the front line after witnessing what their fellow comrades had been up against.

'Some of them might have been live streaming. There is no doubt that multiple videos might be circulating, how troublesome.'

1