Chapter 192 Change Of Plans
30 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

RB Chapter 192 Change Of Plans

"There...is...going to be...a change...of...plans. We...will be striking...at that...human city...in the...south."

The moment those words left the white furred monkey's mouth, all the other six beasts paused for a moment.

"What!?" The yellow furred monkey couldn't stop itself from shouting.

"Hahahahaha...finally! I will have more humans to eat than what I can manage!" The distortion was overjoyed. The other beasts stayed quiet, but fear had appeared within the depths of their eyes.

There was a reason why they had never attempted an attack at a human city! The humans had many powerful weapons! Attacking a human city was basically suicide!

The yellow furred monkey swallowed and started to think of ways to dissuade the white furred monkey. 

'This monkey is crazy! We are all going to die if we keep following it! I need to find a way to extricate myself from the group.' The yellow furred monkey started having second thoughts.

"Yes, I agree. Attacking the front line hasn't been causing much damage to the humans. We were only able to kill humans the first time around. We have been ambushed by ants ever since with no sign of humans." The humanoid frog said. It was trying to show support because it wanted to curry favor with the boss. It had been punished due to its assassination attempt and now it wanted to regain the white furred monkey's trust.

"This wasn't up...for discussion...I was only...telling you..." The white furred monkey moved its gaze among all, especially lingering on the yellow furred monkey which almost flinched as it felt as if it had been seen through.

The yellow furred monkey felt a chill as it gazed back into those red pupils. It was scared that the boss could see through all of its plans. As it was starting to get uncomfortable, the gaze moved away from it. The yellow furred monkey felt as if had just been saved from drowning!

"Go...prepare...the beasts...we will...need to start...moving. We...need to...show the...humans...that we aren't...simple...mindless...beasts!" The white furred monkey ordered after which the others raced out of the cave to carry out its orders.

MOOOOOO!

The humanoid bull bellowed the moment it made it out of the cave. The sound waves alone caused distortions in the air wherever they passed. It was a call to gather the beasts. 

The sound was too destructive, causing the others to stay about 50m away from it. That was the range where the sound waves were the most destructive.

'Attacking a human city...that's basically suicide! They will have prepared for us! How can the boss be so naive?' The yellow furred monkey was distressed by the order. This wasn't something that could be taken lightly, but the other beasts didn't seem to care that the leader was leading them to their deaths.

"This is a suicide mission. You know that as well as I do. Do you have a solution?" The humanoid frog's words entered the yellow furred monkey's ears.

"Oh! I thought you had given up on your petty schemes." The yellow furred monkey said back. The two were standing together, but without showing any suspicion that they were plotting something. The other beasts were further away from them, so they couldn't catch the conversation.

"Schemes? No no no, I am just trying to find a way to cut myself out of this crazy group. Did you know? Those beasts I discussed with were the ones to betray me. I didn't even know that they had come to be completely under that crazy monkey's thumb!" The frog humanoid beast complained. The white haired monkey had a feeling that this beast was very talkative.

"How do I know that you aren't laying a trap for me under the Boss's orders?" The yellow furred monkey didn't tryst that easily.

"Mmmm...it looks like you will just have to take a leap of faith. Even I, am taking one right now as I don't know much about you." The frog smirked. Though, its large mouth made it look very creepy.

"So, how do you plan to go about it?" The yellow furred monkey asked.

"The humans are probably monitoring us even now. As you know, they are way more advanced than us. I even have a feeling that that assassin woman, whoever she is, is lurking around somewhere..."

"Get to the point." The yellow furred monkey was getting impatient.

"Okay okay! The moment this entire beast horde starts moving, the humans will notice, and when they do, they will definitely send an interception force. There is no way they will allow us to reach the city..."

"...this time they will even send humans, so, all we have to do is run away in all that chaos." The frog's eyes were gleaming.

'What an idiot! No wonder you were idiotic enough not to see that the others were already in the palm of the white furred monkey.' The yellow furred monkey inwardly shook its head at the frog's stupidity. The plan it had come up with was too simple! The only thing that the yellow furred monkey could give high marks for was its ability to at least be able to deduce the movements of the humans...

'...wait! If it managed to deduce that, there is no way it could have come up with such a crude plan! This frog...what's its angle? Is it setting a trap? Or could it be that it wants me to become a scapegoat?' The yellow furred monkey's eyes glimered with caution as it stared at the side profile if the humanoid frog.

'But that still begs the question, why was it captured?' The yellow furred monkey became more and more puzzled the more it thought things through.

-----

"Chloe! The beasts have started moving! They have changed course and are heading towards your position. We think they are heading towards Kampala city!" Chloe had been in the middle of rushing towards the direction of the beast horde after hearing the familiar sound of the bull spectrum beast's roar when an urgent message made its way to her ears! The one who had contacted her had been Mugumivu.

"What!? Is that really true?" While Chloe abruptly stopped in place to ask, minute vibrations started to be felt from the earth. As she looked down, she caught sight of the jumping pebbles, instantly causing a shift in her expression.

Booom!

The ground cratered and some of the loose pieces of stone were hurled away as she turned around to sped away towards where she had just come from. She pumped some energy within her feet as she ran causing her speed to rival that of the fastest cars. But that also came with the disadvantage of not being able to communicate with Mugumivu.

'Could it be that my failed assassination enraged the leader and it has decided to attack the nearest human city in retaliation?'

Chloe's heartbeat sped up at that thought. She was on the verge of blaming herself but she ultimately didn't as even she hadn't been confident about the assassination.

"Listen Chloe, the beasts will probably take a day, or more to get to the city. The interception force is in the way to aid you. Many ants and energy channellers are going to arrive in a matter of hours, so it will be better if you are always near the beast horde." 

"That's easy for you to say!" Chloe shouted even as the rushing wind almost choked her due to her speed.

"..." Mugumivu must have heard her yell because she heard sighing in the other side.

"When are the spectrum warriors coming?" Chloe asked after slowing down to the point of being g able to open her mouth without swallowing something.

"They are still far off, but will arrive in a day. The good news is that Eric has opened his eyes."

"What!? Really?" Chloe was pleasantly surprised at that. Her heart sped up and an uncontrollable grin graced her face. This was good news, finally! A weight seemed to have been eased from her heart as even her manipulation of energy within her body became smoother.

"That's very good news! I will monitor the beast horde!" She licked her lips in anticipation. This was going to be the first true battle that she was going to participate in as a spectrum warrior. With the lightening of the worry in her heart, excitement took its place, causing adrenaline to course through her veins.

'Is this how Elena would have felt?' Chloe couldn't help but have such a thought after which a giggle escaped her lips.

"Hey! I know you are strong, but don't try anything reckless!" Mugumivu shouted into her ears upon listening to the giggle.

"I won't, I will just harass a few of the normal beasts." She answered. The car she had been lounging in days before, had went back to the city after she had heard that roar. She had instinctively understood that the beasts were about to move so she had ordered the driver to go back.

-----

(The time has come for everyone to join together and defend our city. A horde of beasts is on its way and if...)

"This guy's speech is so pretentious!" Elena commented while looking at a screen in a room. She and Leah were seated together in a mother room which wasn't the one which had contained the recovery chamber.

The screen was showing a live video feed containing elder Muti, who was in the middle of giving a passionate speech. It was still 11am in the morning and the background was showing that the man was in the theater of operations.

(...energy channellers.)

"He's appealing to the energy channellers. The ants alone won't be able to hold back the horde. Right now many are still hesitating, but they will change their minds upon what he's about to say next." Leah said.

(If you fear for your life, then don't be, because a team of spectrum warriors will be fighting with you. They will be in charge of engaging the beasts. You will just have to fight the other normal ones.) 

'This is definitely going to cause an uproar.' Leah was certain of it since the majority hadn't known that such a team was even being prepared.

"By the way, I hear that there is going to be many drones, giving full coverage of the battlefield!" Elena said in excitement.

"I heard that too, but it isn't important."

"What do you mean not important?! Leah! This is our chance to shine and get ourselves noticed by the masses!" Elena shouted.

"That isn't important to me." Leah gave her the side eye.

"...you are taken in by love so I will let that comment slide. Anyway, I am going to start the steps to creating mine."

"And how are you going to go about it? There are going to be so many energy channellers that it will be hard to be noticed." Leah tries to take her down a notch.

"What are you talking about? Even if there are many other people, all I just have to do is to be flashier than them!" Elena was pumped up. Honestly, Leah couldn't understand why something like becoming a legend was important to her friend. She was way too fixated on such a thing that Leah found it very puzzling.

"Why do you want to become a legend?" She posed the question.

"...I don't really know, but my instincts are the ones really driving me. I just don't want to be at the bottom. I want to be at the top...its probably related to my prideful lion genes...? Even I don't know. What I do know is that it gets my blood pumping when I have something like that to chase after. If I didn't, I don't know what would have come of me. I would probably be in a corner somewhere crying myself to sleep...probably." Elena sat down and answered like that. To any other person, she might have appeared to have evaded a direct answer but Leah knew that these were her honest thoughts.

'With her bubbly personality, I always forget that she too, has scars of her own, scars I know about.' Leah sighed and hugged her friend. Elena had become someone she really cared about and she didn't want to see her sad.

"Okay, I will join you in your plans to create a legend." Leah said causing Elena's eyes to glow brightly.

-----

Check out my Patreon if you want to read ahead. 

1