Chapter 193 Team 132
30 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

         RB Chapter 193 Team 132

Chloe had fled far away from the beasts and was relaxing on a tree, tapping away at a holographic screen floating from the patch on the back of her hand. She was following the developments that were taking place within Kampala city.

Chat groups, news sites, forums...everything. She wanted to glean the thoughts of many of the energy channellers and general populace. What she managed to glean was that they were excited about the battle. They had been nervous before, but after the announcement of the participation of a team of spectrum warriors, it had set off multiple topics. 

People started speculating about which warriors were most likely to appear in the battle. Even though the legend list currently only had one name, the other list, containing the spectrum warriors, the spectrum list had many names and battle videos, so, many people already knew most of them. (The previous legend ranking will be renamed the spectrum ranking, while this legend tanking will be separate from that list. The other carries contributions, while this new one only ranks warriors based on the feats of strength.)

"Michael is also one of those, people are speculating will appear. I do hope he does..." She mumbled as the name brought up a memory of the person. He had been powerful, had a very powerful background, but never looked down on them.

"Why haven't I seen the full list of the warriors who are going to team up with me? I should contact Mugumivu." She hurriedly dialled his number.

"Are there any new developments?" That was the first thing he asked upon connecting. She had opted for the video call function and now she was looking at him. The man appeared tired, dark lower eyelids signifying a lack of sleep, not to mention the messy hair which made it seem like he had never had the chance to take a break. Chloe, who had been about to rage softened her eyes upon seeing his sorry sight.

"Nothing. Do you have a list of all the spectrum warriors about to help here?" She asked.

"Yes, it has been released. Sorry about it not reaching you. As you can see, I have been very busy." Mugumivu said.

"The beasts only started moving this morning, how can you be this...unprepared?" She lacked the right word.

"I have been like this for the past few weeks. You just didn't see it because, we always communicated through voice calls." He explained.

"Okay, I want to see the list though. Knowing the people will be beneficial to teamwork." 

"Let me send it to you after this call." He hang up, only for her patch to beep a few seconds later. The file had been sent over.

-----

Everything was moving at too fast a pace. Resources were being shifted into the warehouse only to be divided up by the people, causing empty crates to be taken back, all within a manner of a few minutes. The resources were ATP capsules, and the people were energy channellers.

Leah was currently very unhappy. She and Elena had been conscripted without even being given the chance to see the awoken Eric. A cute pout was on her face the entire time and Elena always grinned when she saw it. Leah wanted to complain, but it was useless. They had been driven from the underground city to the bases of the energy channellers where they were now waiting for a transport to take them to the place where they would hold off the beast horde.

Grumbling was grumbling, but they still had to follow orders. The good thing was that the situation was known so, they weren't teamed up with those people currently related to those from Kampala city, but those who had managed to flee the city, the surbodinates to the ten clans.

Leah looked around to the others, not just the other eight in her team but the other teams. With her high EQ, she could see what they were hiding behind their calm expressions, nervousness and fear. Videos of the massacre by those spectrum beasts had circulated on the internet like forever and everyone here had watched them. Energy channelers had died in droves without even being able to put up any sort of resistance. Plus, most of those here fought on the back lines most if the time, and this was going to be the first time they were going to be engaged in melee. 

She sighed. This wasn't good. Her dance on the edge of death with the vines and that yellow monkey which could replicate itself had given her the experience needed not to collapse here, but for them, most had undertook missions after plenty of preparation and having information. Now, they were going in dark. The horde contained many species with unknown genetic evolutions that would prove deadly to them. This was going to be a trial by fire, those who survived would come out stronger while those who died...well, they will remain dead.

'Only she and a few others appear excited.' Leah thought after shifting her gaze back to her friend. Their squad was clad in SYMOR of different materials, bone, scale, hide and fur. They stood out from the others who had to wear combat suits made from human technology. SYMORs were very expensive to make, something these people who had just taken up the job of hunting in the wilderness due to the annexation of the ten clans couldn't afford. The war came at the wrong time. But, that didn't mean that they were completely helpless as they were energy channellers! If they focused on using their genetic abilities and teamwork, they would make it.

"Team 132, your turn has come!" Someone shouted over the many voices in the place. Elena, Leah and the other 8 stood up and made their way over.

"We are team 132." Their leader said. It was a woman whose SYMOR was woven from her black spotted yellow fur. Each of their team was only carrying a backpack containing the ATP solution. Cold weapons were practically useless in this genetic era unless you were a master, or the genetic ability you had wasn't suitable for battle.

"Your transport has arrived." The man pointed out. He gulped while talking to their leader because the woman was taller than him. She also gave off a very potent sense of danger that made even Leah shiver. She was very dangerous!

Apparently she was veteran who had taken on many life and death missions into the wilderness even during the era of the ten clans. She was someone who used to be a surbodinate the Mpologoma clan, but for some reason she and Elena were ignoring the other as if they didn't know each other. Leah was very curious but didn't ask why.

Leah gazed upon the vehicle they were about to board. It had three pairs of tires with each easily reaching Leah's chest. Its chassis was shaped like that of an RV, but armored with black plates. They didn't appear to be metal, instead they looked like they had been plucked from the exoskeleton of an ant. The black color wasn't deep, instead it was shiny, reflecting the sun's rays.

As they stepped into it from the back, there were two rows of seats along the sides of its walls. Leah and Elena sat and buckled up to prepare for the drive.

-----

"This is Chloe here, I have chosen the place where the battle will take place." Chloe contacted Mugumivu. She had been given the task of scouting for a battleground.

"Where? Remember, it should be advantageous to us." Mugumivu said. He was acting as liaison between her and elder Muti. Elder Muti had abandoned her after taking over the city so she didn't want to have anything to do with the man. If it wasn't because he was the one in charge, and this was an important engagement, she wouldn't have even wanted to work for him.

"Its a hill. It will give us the advantage of being on high ground. Even though the horde has some birds and flying critters, they aren't that numerous, so this will be the best place." Chloe projected what she was seeing back to Mugumivu.

"Its a good location. Thank you. I know how much you don't want to do this...even I too don't want to talk to the man, but this is important." Mugumivu's face showed something bordering in malice. This was the first time that Chloe had seen such an expression on the always composed man.

'I thought the guy was an android.' Chloe almost chuckled at the thought.

"According to the movement speed of the beasts, they will reach this place by evening. Our people have to reach earlier than that." Chloe provided more information.

"That man is already transporting the teams as fast as he can. Leah was very unhappy because she was conscripted without even having a chance to see the conscious Eric." Mugumivu revealed.

"Even I haven't seen him. What's with all the secrecy?" Chloe asked.

"Well, he's the one who suggested it. He said that if he contacted any of you, the spectrum beasts might intercept the communication...he specifically mentioned the white furred monkey. It looks like the monkey managed to scare him so much that he's not taking any risks." Mugumivu sighed. 

'He thinks the boy is paranoid.' She picked that up from his gaze.

-----

Time passed in such a manner as Chloe waited. She had chosen the top of the hill as the place where she would wait for the reinforcements to arrive. She was seated on the branch of a tree, her feet dangling underneath.

'When will they arrive?' That thought had passed through her mind countless times. She stared far off in the direction where the beast horde was supposed to come from with a wary glance. She knew that the beasts were still far away, but still...she couldn't get rid of the edgy feeling.

Vroom!

A distant sound entered her ears causing her to jump down from the tree. It was over ten meters in height, but she landed without so much as a scratch. 

'They are here! Finally!'

The cars stopped right in front of her and a few people started exiting.

"Start arranging the encampment! You have already wasted precious time!" She shouted as even more and more vehicles arrived.

"There is still a few hours..."

"I am in charge! Or are you willing to replace me?" She asked menacingly, causing the man to sweat profusely.

"Start construction on the fortifications. Has a 3D earth printer arrived?" Chloe appeared to be in her element as she issued multiple orders and questioned the people who were continuously arriving. All of them were energy channellers but they had been made privy to the fact that she was a spectrum warrior. None wanted to earn her ire, so they followed her orders to the letter.

A 3D printer extracted soil particles, mixing them with a binding material, and started printing a crude earthen wall which would serve as the embarkment. Even through the wall was about 5m thick, it was being printed at a very fast speed with some other automated vehicles providing the soil from somewhere else. Soil was being printed with the same texture as rock, so if any beast tried to ram through, it would face the ramifications, even if it was at the energy channelling stage.

-----

Amid the preparations, Elena and Leah's team finally arrived. Leah was surprised by how orderly everything was progressing, mentally praising the one in charge, only for her eyes to almost pop out of their sockets upon seeing that the person in charge was Chloe.

'Hey! Hey! I thought she had the same demeanor as Elena! How come she is so adept at commanding?!' Leah's thoughts made it to her face giving her a stunned and shocked expression.

"I never knew she had such a talent. This woman isn't simple." Elena commented. She wasn't surprised or shocked, only taking it in stride as opposes to Leah. 

1