Chapter 202 All Comes Around
36 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

RB Chapter 202 All Comes Around

'Idiots! All of them!' That thought aggressively appeared within its mind as it stood on top of one of the giant elephants. Its horizontally slitted eyes moved around in their sockets as if it was in the middle of considering something.

'How can they allow someone who is clearly at the same level as them stay lording above them? Me! I don't like this situation one bit. That yellow furred monkey appears to have some sort of plan, the only one I acknowledge as clever...but its too timid! How can one accomplish big things with such a cowardly nature?' It rolled its eyes over to the yellow furred monkey which was on top of another giant beast. 

'He's blatantly gazing at the boss...doesn't he know that with us beasts, our instincts are enhanced massively? The boss, even with closed eyes must know that that monkey is plotting something.'

'At least it isn't like these idiots who think that just because the boss gave them means to evolve, that they must always be loyal to it!' Its eyes widened as it unconsciously almost croaked in rage. Just remembering that experience of being betrayed almost made it flare up in rage.

'I need to grasp the next chance firmly and cautiously...but when will it arrive? Seeing as those humans are turtling up, they probably lack the number of experts capable of going up against us...but they must be preparing something or they wouldn't have been here...' It tapped its feet against the skin of the large elephant as its gaze moved towards the top of the hill.

"Leader, are we still going to wait? I believe the humans must have exhausted their technological means..." The voice came from the distortion.

'That one is even more trashy. How can he only be thinking of feeding on humans at this time? Truly idiotic!' The humanoid frog scoffed inwardly.

"Yes...I do suppose...its pointless...to wait around." The white furred monkey rose up from the back of the elephant, its eyes getting brighter and brighter as if they were filled with glowing blood.

"Humans...they must...have something...that they...are waiting for..." The white furred monkey continued talking while strapping the white bone spear on its spear.

"Should...we?" It asked, its eyes moving among the others. There was a certain grin on its face which made it appear creepy, giving the humanoid monkey the shivers.

Shew!

The sound of cutting air rang out as the seven simultaneous vanished from the top of the large beasts, their forms vaguely visible heading up the hill.

The humanoid frog naturally also followed the others, leaping from the back of the elephantile beast before landing on the ground. Tapping is feet, it once again leaped, this time horizontally. Its speed was so great that it appeared like a blur. The weak beasts obstructing its path were directly obliterated. Its expression didn't show even the tiniest change, except maybe the arrogance and dominance that came from being at the top of the food chain. If a beast was too large, a hole was directly bored through it, scattering blood mist, guts and pieces of flesh.

As it was in the middle of moving, its eyes picked up on something, causing its mouth to open. A blur shot forth, ensnaring something before pulling back into its mouth. After that, the sound of swallowing was emitted.

'This is how I want to be...unfettered! Look at these beasts! We can casually simply kill and devour them and they don't even have the guts to complain!' Its thoughts caused a grin to appear on its face. Of course it knew that they were about to perform an important matter so it didn't lug behind the rest, keeping pace with them.

'If the humans have something to rely on, that will be the window through which I will be able to act...though, is there anyone among the humans capable of taking on this unfathomable boss?' It wondered.

The seven blurs, like bullets from a gun, except with flexible movements shot towards the hill at a fast speed.

-----

(Chloe! The beasts have moved!) Someone's voice shouted within Chloe's earpiece causing her expreaaion to shift greatly.

Eric, who was beside her had his eyes light up brightly, electric snakes enveloping his form as if he had been waiting for this all along!

'They finally moved! Let's see whether its still as formidable as I remember.' He thought. Coincidentally, the seven spectrum beasts hadn't split up, moving towards their direction in a frontal assault.

"Let's give them a bit of a welcome." Eric said before stomping his foot and releasing his domain to its maximum limits.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzt!

Lightning flashed, bolts originated from his body like whips, all striking in front of him. The moment they were let loose, they acted like snakes seeking prey, chaining through multiple beasts frying them from the inside out.

'You are finally here!' Eric caught sight of a white furred figure speeding in his direction. He could never forget the white fur, the red eyes like they were filled with oceans of blood, nor could he forget the signature white bone spear wielded by that monkey. The moment he saw it, every thing else lost all sound and became minor things, not registering in his senses. All that was left in his vision was that white furred monkey currently speeding towards him.

"ERIC!!! Noooo!" 

He registered Chloe's voice for a tiny fraction before his body, as if attracted by the monkey, moved towards it. The rage, the humiliation, the fear, the terror, every emotion acted like stimulants, moving his body with such aggressiveness that it was simply too fast. He didn't know what happened nor did he care, but he had been on the wall in one instant, and the next, he had appeared right in front the white furred monkey. He could even see the shock within those red pupils, though that failed to give him the satisfaction he should have felt.

-----

Black scales covering his form, lightning snakes rampantly coiling about his form or striking out into the surroundings. Those violet eyes which were currently conveying a myriad of emotions, the most prevalent of which being fury...how could it have forgotten this person, a mere boy who had been the first and only human to have managed to escape from it. He had been atop the walls one moment and the next, he had appeared in front of it with lightning imperiously flashing about him.

Its eyes had widened in surprise as it hadn't expected him, but the surprise hadn't been as great as it had thought. It was probably because of that assassination attempt. After that attempt, in a corner of its mind, a thought had been birthed about how they might meet again, and now...it appeared that it had indeed happened.

'Destiny, fate...humans talk about these things a lot. Does it matter though?' It thought, its red pupils staring into those violet ones.

This was all happening in a span of a second, with them only having a meter between them. 

'He was impulsive, this human. Judging by his gaze, his emotions must be unstable.' It had the urge to smirk at his current state but it knew that since this was a short window, the smile would only come out at late point in time.

-----

'DIE!' 

Eric's gaze became terrifyingly cold as he released a pulse of energy with him as the center. It was an electromagnetic pulse, lacking the power to affect anything physically, but internally, it was destructive!

Every living thing which was relying on a beating heart to transport blood, had their lives taken away from them instantly within a ten meter radius with the exception of a few.

Eric had created something like an electromagnetic pulse, but instead if this acting in electronics, instead, it had acted on the hearts of living organisms, causing them to go into shock and die instantly.

Of course the monkey survived, he hadn't expected his move to kill it, only wanting to clear a battlefield. He was certain that it must have used its spectrum domain as a defense measure to escape from the predicament...but that didn't matter, right now, he was face to face with the figure which had been haunting his nightmares since that time!

Eric didn't waste any time at all, pulling back his right fist and throwing out the fastest punch he could manage without stimulating his muscles with electricity. He didn't want to give swift death to the opponent, no no no, he wanted to give this creature torment!

The monkey also didn't slow, reacting with a palm to block the punch.

Boom!

It was as if thunder had struck when palm met punch! The air between the two distorted before it exploded out in a circular shockwave, pushing away all the smells and blood mist within the air.

Even though the two had exchanged moves, their gazes hadn't moved away from each other for even a moment! It was like the violet pupils and the crimson red had reached a tacit agreement not to break contact!

"You are going to leave your life here today." Eric talked for the first time. His voice didn't come out normally, instead there was a gloomy, eerie calmness to it, capable of causing shivers within the body of a person.

-----

Chloe momentarily froze in place, unable to except the present situation. This was precisely one of the things she had been very wary of! But since Eric had been acting as if he had been calm with everything within his control, she had decided not to hound him.

'He wasn't calm at all!' She realised as she looked towards where he had been standing a second ago.

From the first time that Eric had gotten out of that depression, he had always been calm and soft spoken. This was the first time that he had directly went off the rails.

'It looks like I will have to find some way to distruct the other six.' She thought as her head swivelled to look where a clearing had appeared within the seige of beasts.

Zzzzzzzzzzzt!

Lightning flashed around her. Chloe sped up her body's metabolism by two times that of everyone, including the six spectrum beasts and their leader, not to mention Eric! Everything around her felt slow to her, as if they were stuck within some time quagmire.

'How should I handle this?' She asked herself trying very hard to remain calm. As she moved her gaze over, she could see two others who were within the range of Eric and the white furred monkey. They were the two spectrum beasts, the distortion and the bull humanoid. They had been close to the white furred monkey when Eric had attacked. Analysing the situation, she could see that the bull spectrum beast appeared out of sorts even though its body was still moving...

'It looks like it will take it atleast half a second before it managed to regain its wits...that leaves five...no four...the distortion appears to have its focus concentrated on Eric's clash for the moment so it will also be late for half a second. That leaves the others...can I handle...no, I must handle it! Eric...why did you have to...' All of these thoughts of hers took place within an instant, her last emotional expression before her face adorned an indifferent mask, being a gaze filled with worry directed towards Eric's battlefield.

She took a step, turning into an electric bolt, traversing the distance between the wall and one of the spectrum beasts in an instant. Whether by coincidence or by design, the first beast that she had set her sights on was a familiar face, the yellow furred monkey...she had a deep impression of its ability, a rather terrifying ability if it became coupled with its current powers!

Their spectrum domains formed a strange resonance when they made contact, information being passed without speech. A shock led light appeared within Chloe's eyes, as if she had just seen something unbelievable!

1