Chapter 212 A Chaotic Bunch (1)
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

RB Chapter 212 A Chaotic Bunch (1)

The black beast roared as it sped through the beast horde. Its engine was powerful enough that the uneven terrain didn't so much as pose a challenge to it. Beasts threw themselves at it in an attempt to stop it in its tracks or outright destroy it, but they failed to succeed. Something standing atop the black steel beast slaughtered and blasted away everything that came too close.

~These beasts are truly mindless fools~

The singer hummed and sang atop the vehicle as he slaughtered the beasts. Anything that took an attack from him was sliced into chunks of meat which were hurled back towards the direction the beast had come from. 

So fast were his attacks that it wasn't easy to see how he sliced them into precise pieces.

"So, he has OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder), huh." Michael commented upon seeing the uniform chunks of beast flesh flying away. The errors were created only by the beast's uneven shape, not the singer's mistake.

"He's just a perfectionist by nature." Mara said from his side, her breath tickling his neck. They were still in the same position, with only their heads occasionally turning to the front to view the beautiful carnage outside the windshield.

"He's mastered energy channelling, surpassing even I!" The iceberg exclaimed. This was the first time that an expression other than a cold one had appeared on her face.

"How long till we clear this area and join up with that fortress on the hill?" Mara asked.

"Ten minutes at the current speed." Lucien answered. The blistering speed from before had slowed to a crawl since the terrain had been reshaped by the beasts, the road having many rocks and craters, not to mention beast shit.

"How do those spectrum beasts survive in this stench?" Mara asked with a frown on her face. Michael stole a peek at her while she had her attention diverted.

"They were beasts once. No matter how intelligent an ant becomes, it will always have the viewpoint of an ant unless something drastic happens." The iceberg said with a chill that could sever iron. Though, Michael could pick out that her voice was calm.

'What sort of military training has she been exposed to?' He wondered randomly.

Boom! boom! boom!

The ground vibrated, the tremors rippling through the vehicle through the tires with such force that the car bounced a few millimeters off the soil.

~something huge is coming! Yeeeeeaaaah~

The singer's voice increased in pitch, conveying the excitement rippling through his body. Michael surmised that taking care of the small fry had been boring and tedious.

"Oh! My interest has been aroused now." Lucien said as he looked towards the right, out the window. He probably spotted a predatory grin right about now, Michael thought.

"I am going up the roof to watch." He said before pushing the two doors at the back open, his hand hanging off the top of the roof as he swung his body onto the metallic chassis with such force that a dull ring echoed in protest from the titanium and carbon plating.

"Well...what a view!" He exclaimed on top of the moving vehicle as he beheld the circle of beasts.

~if you interfere...hehehehehe~ 

A cackle came out of the singer's lips, his head turned towards him.

"I am only here to watch, maybe take care of some small fry so you can enjoy yourself to the fullest!" Michael offered a grin in return, baring his long canines. 

Crackle! crackle!

The joints cried as they awakened from their slumber with Michael's stretching. 

"Are you threatening ME?" A voice barked, its tone alone causing the very car itself to vibrate.

'Lucien...' A transition occurred on Michael's face, the grin turning to a grim countenance.

"Lucien, you should wait for the monkey." Mara's voice came from the car, the chilling murderous intent hanging onto everyone withdrawing like a tide.

~heh!~

The singer didn't care, his gaze skipping over the other to land on the beast that had issued the challenge.

Michael too, had his attention attracted by the sheer enormity of the beast. It easily towered over the rest, crashing everything in its path underfoot. The other's either didn't block the path, or died, crushed into a meat paste.

It had an uncanny resemblance to the elephants of old, only more gigantic, covered in black chitinous armor and tusks pointed straight forward. One look in its eyes gave Michael a feeling that it was being stimulated externally. 

Raaaaaaaaaaaar!

The trumpet rose skywards, a mighty roar shaking the earth and air itself. All the other beasts which had been ferociously attacking paused for a moment, the sound disorienting their senses.

"It truly is a monstrous beast! Imagine what it could do if it had some intelligence and could channel the massive reserves of energy in its body!" An exclamation caused him to look back, only to see that at a certain point Mara had appeared behind him.

"Yeah. This beast can cause terror in the normal energy channellers." Michael nodded in agreement.

Booom!

A sonic explosion occurred as the massive elephant waved its trunk, instantly shattering the sound barrier. It hadn't reached a range where the it could cause damage, but the movement pushed a massive amount of wind towards their direction.

"Now, this isn't a monster anyone would want to advance as an energy channeller!" Michael said with a click of his tongue even as the gust of wind plowed through the beasts in its path, hurling them away or crushing the weak into pieces of flesh and blood.

~an interesting attack!~

The singer sang, his form blurring, forming a multitude of hands all palming towards the direction the gust was coming from. 

Mara clicked her tongue in praise at the afterimages formed from such extreme movement!

A blade of wind, was set off, racing off onto a collision course with the other blade, causing thunderous sounds and a shockwave, blasting not just the beasts but even gravel and soil. Dust rose only to be pushed away onto the furthest fringes by the explosive waves of wind.

Michael scowled at the approaching storm of wind, dust and stones. His white suit had been quite expensive. He was starting to regret impulsively having jumped out of the car. Even the person he had been running away from had followed, so it had all been pointless.

'It looks like I will have to act.' He breathed in, sucking in all the air around, his lungs expanding. He directed some of his energy towards the cells lining the inner walls, strengthening them to the point that they stopped expanding, instead applying pressure and compressing the air.

Boooom!

An explosion, as if thunder had just struck followed his exhale. All the air was forcefully expunged by a contraction of his lungs causing a shockwave to expand out, colliding and engaging in a war with the incoming brown storm.

He frowned, pain appearing in his throat and chest. Using this ability wasn't without consequence. As he focused on the two shockwaves stuck in a stalemate, he was overjoyed to see his own work gaining the upper hand.

"Couldn't you have warned me?" Mara's voice came from the side. She was covering her ears, annoyance painted across her face. It was cute! He coughed to hide his blush and moved his gaze away. His defensive strike had unintentionally also shielded the vehicle.

Cough!

He coughed, a subconscious action brought on by the cells in his throat. It was going to take a few minutes before he could talk.

The damage was extensive, pieces of flesh and blood were scattered around, dust particles floating in the air, and scars and craters on the land. Almost ten meters had been cleared of all living beasts!

The vehicle still moved along, the rough terrain providing a worthy challenge for it. Michael looked towards the elephant's direction. It was coming from the right side of the vehicle, diagonally in front of it. In a few seconds, their paths would intersect. Even with such a catastrophic attack, its madness hadn't relented. 

"It kooks like the welcome party is also here." Mara gestured towards the top of the gigantic beast. He squinted his eyes, directing some energy to them, allowing him to see what she was pointing towards.

Yellow fur with yellow eyes entered his vision. Every strand was silky smooth as if newly created. It was that yellow furred monkey, leisurely seated itself on top of the elephantine beast. Those yellow eyes, appeared to be gazing in their direction, partly containing curiosity and wariness. Fear, terror, confidence, none of those were there. They had been the ones he had been expecting to see.

"Its weird." Michael said.

"Yes, its like its here to just observe...using the elephant as the cannon fodder." Mara agreed.

-----

The world ran on the laws of cause and effect. Every action has an outcome, whether good or bad. It pondered as the wind rustled the yellow fur coating its body.

1