Chapter 213 A Chaotic Bunch (2)
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

            RB Chapter 213 A Chaotic Bunch (2)

Last night it had acted weak expecting some sort of repercussion...and here it was, a task to probe the newcomers. It knew that humans were an intelligent species, a single technological construct of theirs wouldn't appear unless it was carrying powerful reinforcements.

It knew its instincts had been right the moment it laid eyes on the three humans riding on top of the metallic beast. Even though this was a newly minted clone body without the ability to use the spectrum domain, its senses as a beast were acute enough to know that these humans were on par with its main body.

That woman from last night could be negotiated with, but these ones...they hungered for battle, that man controlling the vehicle. Even through the glass window, that gaze caused some of its hairs to stand on end. He had the primal savagery of a predator.

'This seems like a troublesome bunch...five humans, if you add the ones defending the city, our numbers match.' Worry appeared within its eyes. It had known all along. There was no way the humans would have only been able to field two humans of that caliber. There had to be others...and now the others had appeared. The frog had vanished, probably tending to its injury. If they decided to attack now...

Its eyes flickered as it witnessed some of their abilities. A spectrum domain didn't help much when your opponent had one, so energy channelling capabilities were the key. That man who was scholar-looking was exhibiting tremendous speed. Its eyes shrunk as it faced at him. 'I won't face him.' That idea took root in its thoughts.

'Good reaction.' It praised the man standing beside the woman in white clothes. The shockwave was simply too weak to even cause it the slightest discomfort.

The hairs on its back all stood on end as it felt a familiar wave sweeping in its direction. 'The boss is impatient.' Its directed its gaze north.

"That piece of trash thinks it has my life in its hands..." It finally stood up. "...its sorely mistaken..." it took a light step, then a heavy one, causing the skin on the head of the elephant beast to tremble.

"I hold my life in my own hands, these very hands! No one has any right to lord over me!" It shouted out, the third step causing an audible crack. 

Boom!

The fourth shattered the elephant beast's skull as it launched towards the humans, teeth bared in a savage grin, the yellow in its eyes brightening alot. Flesh, bone and blood formed a gruesome tapestry behind it.

-----

"The savageness of these beasts...its the reason they will never reach the same level as us humans, don't you agree, Mr. Michael?" The singer asked, tilting his neck in such a way that he gave Michael a side eye. 

Michael's brow twitched in response. He had thought that every word the man spoke had to come out as a tune, it seemed he had been mistaken. The yellow furred monkey had launched from the elephant beast's head, shattering its skull into pieces.

"Hmhmhmhmhmhahahahahaha...come!" The singer turned back to the front his eyes glowing. The voice alone gave him away. Michael detected immense excitement and a hint of something darker, probably madness.

Boom! 

A powerful explosive sound shattered his eardrums as the car tilted towards the front, his feet sliding across the metal. Something soft bumped into his back, but he failed to appreciate the sensation since his attention had been directed in front, where the monkey's fist was held within the palm of the singer's hand. The car's hood had sunk around the man's feet and a crater had formed below the vehicle. The metal was even groaning, showing that force was still being applied.

He should have moved to intercept, but no..., the man just decided to take the hit when they had just tacitly agreed to keep the vehicle intact!

The chassis bent as he applied force on one of his feet, creating a depression of his own, halting his sliding momentum.

"That idiot!" A womanly curse from his back caused him to finally redirect his attention towards the sensation his body was feeling only to feel two soft things crushing on his back. 'Too sublime...' His mind wandered even in this situation. He hurriedly shook himself, his gaze once again falling onto the two combatants, the menacing grin of the monkey entering his eyes. He had a feeling that the singer was mirroring that same grin, the idiot. He didn't care about what happened to them or the car!

A shockwave burst out where palm met punch, pushing away the air particles. 

Another sound echoed within his ears, the stalemate broken as the monkey's mouth widened further, red splattering out onto the singer's face. Then, like a ragdoll, the yellow furred monkey was launched away, colliding with many beasts in its path to collapse over twenty meters away. Michael hadn't seen how the man had attacked, but he had caught sight of the depression on the yellow furred monkey's chest.

"It even lacked the manners to not spit its blood into my face...too savage." The singer said, scrounging into the pockets of his casual pair of trousers. A white handkerchief showed itself. He brought it to his face, transferring most of the crimson to it before tossing it into the wind.

"Imbecile. Did you want to kill us? Should I kill you first? Hmmm?" A growl filled with repressed rage came from the driver's seat. The glass of the windshield had shattered to pieces, some of which were on the hood. The shattering of the bulletproof glass alone proved that force of the blow had been that strong.

Michael felt an oncoming headache at the murderous aura tainting the atmosphere around the vehicle. He tussled his brown hair, frustration brewing in his mind. 'I want to get to the fortress as fast as I can, but look at this mess...' He wanted to shout at someone, pound someone into the ground, but he knew he wouldn't get the reaction he wanted when he saw the grin on the singer's face.

Creak...boom!

A cloud of dust was kicked up into the air as upon the opening of the door, it fell off its hinges, deformities everywhere. Then He stepped out, a man whose body was made of muscle, the vessels pulsing across the skin of his exposed arms like living beings separate from him. His expression resembled that of a demon from hell as his brown eyes glared at the man grinning back at him. 

"He sure likes to provoke people." Mara's voice came from behind him, a tone of helplessness within.

"Should we leave him to be killed?" Michael asked, half serious.

"No, the higher ups are watching. We have already embarrassed ourselves enough." She answered. He sighed heavily, his gaze to the heavens. The satellites were probably capturing everything live.

"Its too bad that we wasted such a good vehicle. I am going to sprint towards the city." The iceberg lamented upon coming out of the passenger side, then she sprinted away at a speed faster that the vehicle's after she had finished, passing the filled body of the yellow furred monkey, not even giving it a single glance.

"I thought humans were cleverer, capable of surpressing their base instincts. It seems I was mistaken...I can't be blamed, after all, I have met too few of your kind." As the situation was about to devolve into an exchange of blows, a voice broke the atmosphere. Everyone's gazes were attracted as the yellow furred monkey lifted itself from the ground.

Michael, noticed that it didn't turn around to chase after the iceberg. The sound of settling bones entered their ears, the depression in its chest recovering.

"I knew you wouldn't die to such a weak attack...if you had, then that would have been a rather disappointing showing, don't you agree?" The singer spoke, a delighted grin tagging at the corners of his lips.

"I am also leaving." Michael said before sprinting off, deliberating plotting his route to be a curve away from the yellow furred monkey. The footsteps behind him signified that Mara was following. He had chosen not to intervene. It was better to get away from the lunatic.

"Is this okay?" Mara asked.

"I am not the leader. Why should I force myself to take responsibility?" He spoke tiredly. His voice had recovered enough to speak.

Piak!

Blood droplets sailed through the air as he slaughtered the beasts in his path, using more force than necessary. He knew it was the frustration and rage getting to him, but it didn't matter as he had to release it or else he would blow.

Why couldn't that guy...'the singer?'...a tasteless moniker. Anyways, why couldn't that guy have been normal. Actually he should blame the federation for this oversight. Michael had grown up with Lucien. He knew everything about the man and he saw that the singer had a resemblance to the man in terms of temperament. That crazy streak was dangerous...and the way he had talked about being assigned here...the disgust on his face. He must have looked down on the people here. 

'I just hope he doesn't cause trouble for Eric and Chloe.' He wished. 

1