Chapter 215 Three Way Battle
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

RB Chapter 215 Three Way Battle

Strands of its yellow fur drifted as the wind searched for paths through it. The injury from before had recovered, most of the humans left, only leaving these two behind. It seemed that even with a higher level of intelligence, this species was still prone to conflict, like the one that was going on between these two at its front.

One was burly, veins prominently pushing against the skin of his arms and the other was thin. Some of the fur on the back of its neck was standing in end, a result brought upon by the murderous aura of the burly human. He must have slaughtered way too many to build up such an aura, and it mustn't have been weaklings.

As it looked on, his canines elongated, peaking out of those large lips, brown hair grew from the face and neck, including the whole body. Nails elongated into claws as he transformed, his height increasing further. A palpitation was born in its heart at the human's transformation.

The standoff was broken as the burly brown furred beast of a man swiped with his left claw, so fast that only an afterimage was left behind. His attack wasn't directed at it, the non-human, but at the fellow beside. 

'Humans are complicated.' Such a thought was born even as the claws struck empty air, the other human having vanished. A burst of alarm was born in its heart, eyes swivelling within its sockets to search for him.

'Behind!' Its instincts screamed, a reflex action taking place before the brain even registered the action. Every strand of its pristine yellow fur stood on end, hardening and elongating, turning it into a porcupine. Something had been pierced, a sensation transmitted by one of the strands.

"It looks like you aren't too dull after all." A playful voice came from behind, but before it could even gaze behind, a brown form materialised in front of it. Those menacing brown vertical slitted eyes glaring into its own. A grin, victorious in nature was tugging at his bestial lips. The yellow furred monkey felt a genuine threat to its life!

The human had his hands spread to the sides of his body horizontally, preparing to swipe with both. He didn't fear the sharp yellow fur, that conclusion was reached in its mind only serving to enhance its feeling of terror.

"DON'T YO-" the other human shouted, apocalyptic rage within his voice.

'You underestimate me human!' The monkey screamed inwardly. That grin filled with derision ruffled its fur the wrong way. Energy was channeled, not towards the hands as defending would be suicide, but towards the feet.

The ground cratered as it lowered its center of gravity for a moment, exerting force, its body leaping into the sky, the claws missing by mere inches. Relief washed through its body upon escaping the perilous situation.

As it rose into the skies, its eyes never left the ground. The burly man had missed, and the thin one was retaliating, an expression of fury on his face. His left was kicking out horizontally, before the burly man had even managed to retract his hands which were still mid swipe. The burly human raised his right foot in defense, but it proved a hasty and bad decision as his entire body was sent hurtling towards his left.

~Mr. Lucien~

~stealing my prey is an unforgivable crime~

The man spoke, more like sang those words. The yellow furred monkey had landed, and they were back to a tense three-way standoff.

"I do have to admit, you have some backbone, different from those welps who ran away." The burly man appeared unfazed. Even in the murderous gaze of the thin man, he appeared unruffled.

"Are there many humans like the two of you?" The yellow furred monkey couldn't stop itself from asking.

"Hmmm? What do you mean?" The burly man asked, even the thin one had his attention at it. Both their eyes were piercing, but it didn't let that waver its gaze. This was just a clone, dying wasn't the end.

"The both of you are the weirdest humans I have net so far." It commented, gaze shifting between the two.

The thin human's form flickered briefly, the monkey entering a state of high alert, ready to puff out its fur like before. But it seems its worries had been for naught as a new image appeared right in front of the burly man. Tens of fist shadows were reflected in its eyes as they all landed onto the body of the burly man pushing him away from his position, before being sent flying. Even as his body sailed through the air, the thin man kept up, assaulting the burly man, punch after punch, kick after kick. 

He wasn't going for the kill. The monkey could see that. 'He's angry...he should have slaughtered that man...what's keeping him? Could it be that he's wary of me? Could it be a play?' Its eyes flickered as it thought through many possibilities.

'But why then, aren't they activating their spectrum domains? If they did, this clone would be crushed...so why?' 

'A clone...hmmm!? Could it be that they haven't noticed that this is a clone? They think I am holding back from using my domain on purpose?' Its eyes lit up as if it had arrived at the correct answer.

-----

Above the wall in the southern direction, stood a crowd, but that crowd was deliberately avoiding a woman who was standing at the wall's edge. Blue short hair fluttered in the wind as a menacing air radiated off her. 

Blue snakes flashed within the depth of those blue pupils. She was angry, enraged and humiliated. All these were burning within her stomach, fueling the seething blood in her veins, the vibrating cells and the electric snakes slithering along her body, sometimes striking the ground around her. Her teeth grinded audibly as she beheld the chaotic battle far below the hill. Three parties were engaged in a three way battle, the beast horde having retreated to give the three space.

'What are these two idiots doing? I have already made plans! They are delaying them!' With every minute that passed, she got increasingly angrier. The rage was consuming her, the electric bolts increasing in size and frequency.

"Aren't you going to intervene?"

"Intervene..." She repeated, her gaze still on the battle taking place far away from here.

"...thank you, Elena." Chloe said, before her figure which had been at rest abruptly accelerated. The speed at which she traveled caused her feet to temporarily stick to the wall's vertical surface as she descended.

'Of course! I just have to drag those two here. Why didn't I think of that? I am the overall commander. I should have thought of this!' She chasitised herself. It hadn't been her fault as she had been under the impression that they were going to test the monkey before retreating.

The wind slapped at her face, causing the heat rising upon it to fail in inducing a blush. She felt ashamed of herself that a surbodinate had had to point out the obvious!

Boom!

A crater was created as she landed on her feet, bending the knees so that the impact could be transmitted into the soil instead of rattling her insides.

'Heh! I am going to show them my power. Michael was troubled that they weren't easy to handle...I have to show him that I can...not just him, but those who sent them.' With a predatory grin tugging at the corners of her lips, she pushed more energy into her feet, exploding with such speed that an afterimage was left behind.

The wind was powerful, cutting into her face, causing her to have no choice but manifest the black scales of her SYMOR. Her blood sped up as she anticipated the clash. Battle had always been the only thing that managed to stimulate her blood...only until he came along. The grin morphed into a smile at that figure with blue eyes and the dark hair who had imprinted himself into her heart.

Her steps lightened, the electricity increasing in tandem with her heart. This time, the wind failed to stop the heat she felt from her cheeks. 'Someone I care about...I never imagined that a day would come when I have such a person.' She shook her head to clear away the thoughts, her gaze passing through the myriad beasts blocking her path to fall onto the three combatants. 

Her spectrum domain unfurled as the predatory grin returned, the beasts in her path were immobilised as she ran through them, not actively slaughtering, but taking care of those blocking the path. 

After a second or more, she finally broke into the clearing, a charred trail and hissing sound of boiling blood and burning flesh trailing behind her. The moment she had appeared, all three moved their gazes towards her. The burly man's eyes contained interest and challenge, the thin man's gaze was stormy and the monkey's gaze contained recognition.

"You are the troublesome ones I gather." The grin on her face widened, electric tendrils connecting with the ground around her, with her spectrum domain acting as a conduit...a spectacular entrance, you could say.

1