Chapter 2 : Exhilirating Jumps!!
155 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I return from the sweet embrace of sleep,I find myself in the middle of the god damned graveyard again.With a weary sigh,I get up and try to do get out of here as I am pretty sure that this is some imaginary/mindscape/spiritual place and I am having an out of body experience which is pretty dangerous thing to happen in the middle of a forest.

My efforts don’t bear any fruit as there is only white mist past the graveyard borders and an invisible  forcefield wall that stops me whenever I try to go past the graveyard borders and into the mist.Just as I was about take another walk around the graveyard to find something that I may have missed, another piece of parchment floats down in front of me.Resigned to the fact that this must be another ROB issued document I snatch it out of this air and start to read it : “THIS IS THE LAST TIME I WILL HELP YOU SO ENJOY  THIS GIFT”.

As I read the last word,the paper burst into flames,thankfully not burning my hands though I don’t know if that will hurt here in this imaginary place.So I waited and waited and waited for this so called gift that I was about to receive.

Sighing(I seem to be doing that a lot lately),I was just about to scream in frustration but a strange sensation spreading throughout my body stopped me as I began to see those windows again, the difference being that right now it was just a single screen and all I could see were some waves like those seen in the hospital equipment.

Just as I was about to do something with the window I opened my eyes and found myself staring right into the sun.Climbing outside the cave I am once again greeted to a  cacophony of voices of the nature.Not feeling hungry or thirsty even after all this time,I decide to take a stock of all the abilities that my body has and devise a plan to survive in this forest.Having no tangible way to measure or record the capabilities of my body other than my mind,I start once again on my journey to find civilization.Along the way I picked up all the large stones that I could find to see if I could and strangely,even after picking up stones that are 10 times my size and are probably tons in weight I do not feel any stress or fatigue in my arms as if I could go on forever.Well that atleast gave me the confidence that I was not completely defenseless.If push comes to shove I could just punch with all my strength and most living things would probably die from that alone and if not, a few more punches and kicks should do the trick.

After a couple more hours of navigating the thick jungle,the sheer frustration of not being able to run at my full speed due to the thick foliage I just give up and decide to jump to a higher spot and decide my route after that.I jumped from the base of a tree to give myself a little boost but ended up jumping well above the tallest tree I could see.For just a moment,the view was magnificent.The sun was nearly setting,painting the skyline orange and with trees as far as my vision(enhanced as it was) could see.Like cartoon logic had just given out,I began my descent and for a moment all I could do was panic as I tried to grab at any branch that I could get my hands on and still I ended up breaking a dozen branches before I managed to get to a stop on one of the lowest branches.

As the panic began to subside,I snorted to myself,thinking about my own stupidity for a second.I could lift huge rocks with my bare hands,a small fall like this probably wouldn’t even scratch me.But this does give me an idea.With a manic gleam in my eye,I jumped up again and I was once again greeted to the sight of a perfect evening picture and as I allowed my sight to roam all around,I spotted some smoke in the south direction and decided that smoke was probably the best clue I have to finding something anyways.So after making a superhero landing(for sh*ts and giggles) I started sprint in the direction of the smoke at full speed,uncaring of the many trees that came in my path.Most of the time I ended up smashing through the smaller trees and cutting a path through the many leaves and branches that were unfortunate enough to be in my path.Periodically jumping up into the skies(which was exhilarating no matter how many times I tried it) to ascertain the location of the smoke I made it to the location in less than an hour.Using that as a rough metric I was able to determine my speed.Astonishingly,it was most certainly more than 150km/hr and I had yet to feel winded in the slightest.

The fact that even after 2 days of intensive physical activity without any sustenance on my confirmed that I(or my new body) was firmly into the superhuman category now.I suspect that I may be self sustaining or atleast gathering the energy required either from the environment or from some unseen connection to my body.Both are not out of the realm of possibility as I am now in a decidedly superhuman body so maybe nothing is out of the realm of possibility.

A weird that happened whenever I jumped into the air high enough that I didn’t notice for the first couple times was that the radiowave type window would pop into my vision for a couple of seconds and fissled out whenever I came near the ground.

I couldn’t give it much thought as at the time I was focused on getting closer to the first sign of civilization that I could find but now that I have found a small camp here with the smoke coming from a campfire,I have decided to just wait here and hope that the people of the camp come soon.The probably of that is high enough as there is still some gear left in one of those tents.

I decided to investigate the weird window that keeps appearing in my vision considering that now I have nothing to do right now but wait.

3