Chapter 18 – The opening of the Theater
5.7k 10 133
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I changed my direction and followed Issei back to Kuoh Academy. As I’ve guessed, he runs frantically to the old school building to meet with Rias and her peerage to ask for her help to rescue Asia. Normally, people who know would feel bad to watch Issei trying to rescue Asia without helping.

The decision that normal people- who hate to see others in problem- would be extending their hand to help Issei rescue Asia.

Well, who am I to intrude in their little rescue mission? I am just Nura Rikuo, son of Nurarihyon.

I love a show, more importantly, I can't intrude on the devils' dispute with fallen angels, that’s why I won’t help them this time. I will just watch the show while Kuroka and Tsura are still sleeping. That’s my only reason for following Issei to the old school building.

For the matter of making the devils turn into humans again, I can't do it right now. I have yet to unlock my Balance Breaker, so it's still impossible for me to turn devils back into humans.

I must say, the decoration of the old school building and the Occult Research Club (OCR) room was extravagant. Everything that was used as decoration was antique or ancient wood furniture.

Inside the room of Occult Research Club, Koneko and Kiba sat on the couch with a table that separate them. On top of the table was an antique candle holder with 3 candles lit up as the light source of the room.

The source of the light was not only that, there are several candle holders with the candle that was lit by fire to illuminate the room. As expected of the devil’s base, they are able to see well in the dark so they don’t need that much light. Maybe that’s the reason why Rias decided to use candles as the source of light.

Not only that, but candles also give a vibe of the supernatural. So it fits well with being like devils.

“Buchou, please help me to rescue Asia!” Issei stood in front of Rias with a serious expression on his face, pleading for her help.

The sight was really amusing, the usual pervert trying his best to help his friend is really a sight to behold. If you wonder from where I was watching the show, I sat on an extravagant chair beside Rias and Issei. Truly the best spot to watch them.

None of the devils inside the room noticed my presence as I covered myself with my Fear, erasing my presence. That includes Koneko who has a rather high sense to feel the Supernatural entity.

“Forget her. You are a member of my peerage!” Rias refused Issei coldly by telling him to forget her.

I almost whistle at her act. She wanted to look like a fine leader in front of her subordinates, that I could respect. But she’s wrong if she wanted her peerage to look at her as a family member. If it’s me, I will grab Issei and go to the church right at this moment to see what’s going on there and decide my next action after understanding the situation.

Especially when the devils know the existence of the fallen and the exorcist that invaded their territory that Youkai lent to them. She’s an idiot if she wanted to use this act of transgression from the fallen towards the devils as a way to train Issei or something.

‘Watching her makes me remember something. Isn’t it time for me to build my own Hyakki Yakkou? In the future, East Youkai Clan would be attacked by Khaos Brigade, or more specifically the Hero Faction. I need to find my trusted comrades in the arm if I wanted to minimalize the damage caused by the attack.’

“Then I will go alone…” Said Issei as he turned away from Rias.

“Wait Issei! That church is the enemy line, there is also a fallen angel over there!” Shouted Rias.

Hearing his leader’s word, Issei stopped and looked over his shoulder.

“Why? I am just a pawn, right? There is nothing changed if you lose a pawn like me, isn’t that right?”

“Shut it! The pawn has a special power called ‘Promotion’. Pawn could be promoted to other chess pieces other than King if they can infiltrate to the enemy line.”

Rias explained all details about Issei's power to him. About the power of Promotion, sacred gear, and also how to activate the sacred gear.

*Yawn* ‘This is getting boring…’ As I’ve thought that, I feel another presence that feels like a devil but at the same time, the presence has the same energy as a fallen angel.

The presence approached the door of the ORC room and opened it. I looked at the door and saw Akeno appear from beyond the door.

‘Akeno?’

She approached Rias and whispered something to her ear. Rias's expression changed when Akeno whispered something to her ear and now she has a serious expression. She nodded her head at Akeno and walked away from Issei.

Now that the devils know about the fallen angels and their rituals to extract sacred gear from Asia, the situation has gotten interesting.

I stood up from the chair and loosened my hands slightly before I followed Rias and Akeno. If my guess is right, then they will teleport to the church using a magic circle. As I didn’t want them to notice my presence, I need to arrive at the church before the fight started.

That’s why I exited the ORC room with Rias and Akeno to avoid opening the door myself. Unfortunately, my memory fail me as Rias and Akeno stopped just across Issei and teleported away from the room.

‘Well, it seems that I need to wait for a little longer.’

I leaned against the wall near the door with my arm crossed and watched Issei instead. He walked towards the exit with a serious expression on his face. But when he was about to open the door, he was stopped by Kiba Yuuto.

“You want to go alone?” Asked Kiba.

“Yeah, I must save Asia no matter what.” Answered Issei without looking back at Kiba.

Because Issei stood near me, I could feel the presence of Ddraig clearly inside his sacred gear. His presence is big and heavy, it was the biggest presence that I felt since I was reincarnated. Even Yasaka’s- the leader of the west youkai faction- presence didn’t feel this big.

I never met with gods so I don’t know what kind of presence that they hold, but most certainly it will not be as big as Ddraig. Maybe some gods are stronger than Ddraig, but the majority of minor gods would lose to him.

‘As expected of Oppai Dragon. Even when he’s sealed inside a sacred gear, his presence still radiated out from Issei. I’m not a battle maniac, but I think I wanted to fight him when he’s at full strength.’

“You will get killed you know?” Kiba said as I saw him pick up his sword. Koneko also stood up from the couch and approached Issei slowly.

Issei still didn’t notice that his comrades were preparing to go with him and snapped back at them.

“I know! But I will save Asia no matter what!” He said and turned around to glare at Kiba.

But when he turned around, he was surprised by Kiba and Koneko that were ready to go with him to attack the church.

“We will go with you.” Said Kiba with a smile.

The dumbfounded Issei just nodded his head and opened the door to exit the room. I use this chance to go out and run towards a nearby convenience store and pick a bag of potato chips from the shelf. Unlike my old man, I put money on the cashier table before excusing myself from the store.

I run towards the church while my Meikyo Shisui is active and jumped on the tree near the church entrance. I sat on the tree trunks and looked at Issei's group who just arrived at the church.

I opened the bag of potato chips and put one of the chips into my mouth as I smiled.

‘Good! I need to catch Freed if he fled, but for now, I will watch them from here. Now, let the battle begin!’



Author Here~

More than 52 Advanced chapters (For ALL my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Order an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!! 

Big Thanks to the new Executive!!
- Toriam
- fffory

Big Thanks to the new Squad Leader!!
- Zod
- Logan
- robert wiseman
- Misterschman
- Moltas Åkerström

133