Chapter 73 – Vasco Strada
3k 3 86
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I walked towards the Church in my youkai from with Masaomi walking behind me. He was still wearing his Hakama, so he became the center of attention immediately. Well, there were only a few people here as it was still dark and the sun has yet to rise.

As this was Vatican Church, and it was located in Rome, it was still 3 A.M here. Some priests were walking here and there, but they just ignored us after glancing at us for a second.

As we were walking towards the entrance of the church, Masaomi asked, “Riku-sama, what is your reason for visiting Vatican’s church?”

I looked at Masaomi over my shoulder and said, “I just wanted to visit their place, any problem?”

“Haa- nothing. But, why did you invite me to go with you?” Asked Masaomi as he put his arms inside his Hakama’s sleeves.

He looked at me with a serious face, “Is it because I’m a former exorcist?”

I turned to look at the church entrance that was right in front of me and stopped on my track, “Who knows?”

I looked up and see the massive door that stood 2,5 meters tall. It was really big for a door, as expected of the headquarters of the church.

I tried to open it with my right hand, but it won’t budge even a little, “It’s locked.”

I turned to look at Masaomi and saw him sweating from his forehead. His face was a bit pale and he gritted his teeth as if he was holding something. Oh right, I forgot about it. He’s a devil right now. I put my arm on his shoulder and called the power of my Sacred Gear.

“The probability of holy energy affecting Masaomi would be reduced greatly.”

I pulled my hand away and crossed my arms, “How is it?”

“It’s better, thank you.”

I looked back at the church and looked around to see another entrance, “Do you know any other entrance? A window is fine.”

Masaomi touched his chin and rubbed it with his right hand, “Hmm, it’s been a long time since I visited the church. But, I believe there is an open window on the highest floor of this church. But…”

“But what?” I turned to look at Masaomi and asked him with a curious tone.

“The window leads to the room of Cardinal-Priest, Vasco Strada.”

When I heard the name, I grinned and looked up at the highest window.

“Could it be… you wanted to enter from there?” Asked Masaomi with a surprised tone.

“Well, either you follow me or be left behind in this place, it’s your choice.” I jumped towards the roof of the church after I said that. I could jump to the highest window in one jump, but that will destroy the ground so I restrained myself from doing that.

The roof was made like stairs, so it took me three jumps to arrive at the highest window that was opened. All this time, I didn’t spread my Senjutsu to avoid getting my presence known. So, I just relied on my natural sense to find someone.

In the room where the window was opened, I could feel someone strong. I knew it even without my senjutsu. I landed on the railing of the window while holding the top side of the railing with my right hand.

I stood while leaning my back against the window frame and looked inside the room. Inside the room were varieties of types of furniture. White closet with gold decoration, white chair, and white table. There was a simple bed on the edge of the room, right beside the window.

The bed was big, around 3 meters long and 2 meters wide. On top of the bed was a person, an old person wearing a priest grab while looking at me. He had white hair and there was an X scar on his face. But, the most surprising thing was his body. He was big and muscular, his priest grab can’t hide the lining of his body.

“Look who we have here, the hairstyle that defied the gravity. Wearing Kimono that came from Japan, and that confident look. Isn’t it Nurarihyon? No, his son?”

The man smiled at me while slapping his thighs a few times. Another big shot that knew my old man, somehow it was not surprising.

Masaomi arrived after the man said those words. He stood on the roof of the church and said.

“Riku-sama, please don’t jump so suddenly. You had no idea…” Masaomi stopped talking as he saw the man inside the room.

“Vasco Strada-sama.” He bowed his head a little before he raised his head again.

The buffed man, Vasco Strada had a surprised look on his face that lasted for a few seconds.

“You are… So you are alive?” Asked Vasco Strada as a small smile formed on his face.

“Yes, I am. But… it came with a cost.” Answered Masaomi.

“I saw that, but it’s good that you were alive. I’m sorry that I can’t save you at that time. The majority voted that decision to maintain the status quo.”

“I knew about it, but it was still … I’m sorry.” Masaomi looked away from Vasco Strada and stopped himself from talking any further.

“Don’t apologize, that was our fault.” Said Vasco Strada as he released a sigh.

He then looked at me and asked, “Is this your goal of coming here? Then I am grateful for that.”

“Hmm, no? I just visited this place because three exorcists were entering Kuoh Town.” I entered the room and walked to the nearby chair in front of Vasco Strada as I said that.

Masaomi also entered the room through the window, but he just stood near the window while looking at us.

“Ah, those three. So they arrived at Kuoh Town? What about them?” Asked Vasco Strada with a curious tone.

I leaned my back against the chair’s backrest and looked up at the ceiling, “The thing is, I have a feeling that the two of them, the girls, will cause a lot of trouble. Not only that, the blade that they need to find had left Kuoh Town.”

I turned to look at Vasco Strada and said, “So, can you tell them to go back to the Vatican? The two girls and the third person who loves hiding his/her identity.”

“The blade was not in Kuoh Town? I see, our information was outdated. We need to find those blades as soon as possible, but that will be hard, huh.” Vasco said as he put his hands together and looked at me.

“So, the real reason why you visit this place is?” He smiled and asked with a serious tone.

“Here is the thing, Church had asked youkai to help them to find Excalibur Shards, right?”

Vasco nodded his head to confirm my question.

“I found one, but I don’t want to give it back to the Church. I wanted that guy who stood there silently to use it. It was Excalibur Rapidly by the way.”

Vasco’s eyes widened in surprise before he smiled. Masaomi was also got surprised by my words, but he didn’t say anything because he knew that it will be useless.

“Interesting, fine. But, the rest of the Excalibur Shards will be back to the Church. I’m sorry but, I need to make sure that sword ended in the right hand after… something.” When he said the last part, his word was a bit forced.

“That’s fine, so we have a deal?” I asked Vasco as I extended my right hand.

He took my right hand with his big hand and shook it, “We have a deal. I will ask Griselda to move out of Kuoh Town immediately.”



Author Here~

More than 55 Advanced chapters (For ALL my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Order an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!! 

Big Thanks for the New Executive!
- Kuba 15
- Cameron Kilzer

86