Chapter 14: Main Characters
276 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I'm sitting at the back, looking completely out of place.

Each and every other student in the class are so far out of my league that it's not even funny.

In the game, there are a total of 6 Heroes that you can get for free, just by playing the game. Those Heroes will be the basis for all of your early game teams. And they are in front of me right now.

Sitting at the front of the class flanked by two others is the highest-ranking person in this class, Prince Victus de Camelier, the second prince of the Camelia Kingdom.

Yup, the Kingdom that I'm in right now.

Golden eyes, ash gray hair pulled back in a short ponytail, his face is the epitome of what an ikemen is. Soft features, kind eyes, smooth and healthy skin. His radiant smile is so bright that it threatened to blind anyone looking too hard. His body is firm and slender, with perfectly sculpted muscles that will entice any girl that laid their eyes on him.

He's so perfect that it makes others feel uncomfortable. It's like to gaze at him is to blaspheme the Gods.

He should be in the second-year Knight's class. His affinity is Light, and his Blessing is something to do with Healing. He's your typical white knight good guy stereotype. A true Paladin.

On his right is Mirria Sentoria, daughter of Marquis Sentoria.

Nicknamed Tsun-Tsun Valkyrie by players, her cold and calm attitude is just a facade. She is actually passionate and cute, and fiercely loyal to the Prince. Her personality burns brightly like the Fire of her affinity.

With long, flaming red hair and maroon eyes, a beautiful body, and a perfectly sculpted face, she is the number one capture target for most males when playing the game for the first time.

I also couldn't help but fantasize a little about such things.

And on his left is Geraldt Florine, the firstborn of the well-established Florine Ducal house.

Geraldt is the only third-year in this class and is also the oldest. His face is also excessively handsome, but unlike the prince, he has more masculine features. His short-cropped brown hair, chiseled face, and sharp brown eyes seem to ooze manliness. His no-nonsense, serious attitude only adds to the effect.

He is also as dense as the Earth, so players wanting to woo him are in a world of frustration.

Those three are all childhood friends, and their bond is extremely strong.

Tagging alongside them is Genis Green, a commoner mage.

He is 15 years old, but he's such a genius that the Academy let him skip a whole year, so he's now in the same year as me.

Medium length seafoam green hair and light magenta eyes, the Water mage is a little timid, but his Blessing is probably the most powerful of anyone here.

Blessed by The Present, one of the Time trio, his mastery over time allows him to temporarily stop or slow it to a crawl in a large area around him. In the game, he's one of the best CC (crowd control) characters, and he's completely free the moment you play, too.

Typical of most mages, he is rather thin and weak, though his face wouldn't lose out compared to any of the others. Unlike the other two boys, he leans towards a more childish side, with him being rather short and cute. He would be the shota archetype who invokes a sense of wanting to protect from the players.

Separate from all four of them are Drevor Gentille and Katarina Voress.

Drevor is the Dark affinity jerk that insulted me the moment I entered the class. I don't have much info on him, because my previous self also finds him ridiculously annoying, so he (I?) never pays much attention to him. I just know that he's really prejudiced and arrogant.

I think one of the reasons I hated him in my past life was because he also picked on Genis a lot. I don't understand how anyone would choose him as a romance target.

How can this person be related to the kind and caring Professor Grace is a complete mystery to me.

Last but not least, Katarina, the Wind archer. She's the very first archer-type character you meet in the game.

If Mirria is a tsundere, then Katarina is a kuudere.

While Mirra's coldness is just an outward appearance, Katarina was born as a block of ice.

She's cold and ruthlessly honest. She doesn't care much about others' emotions at all. Some men found that conquering such a difficult target would be more satisfying than the passionate Mirria.

Almost as tall as Geraldt, her body is more on the willowy side, rather than the curviness of Mirria. Dark, forest green hair and lazy turquoise eyes, her face is always in the 'don't you fucking dare talk to me' state.

Her Blessing is related to movement, somehow. In the game, it simply said Step of Light, which allows her to teleport to a nearby spot every few rounds, but the description talks about rapid movement, so I don't know for sure. I also don't find her that appealing in my past life.

I guess I just don't like arrogant and cold people.

In front of me are the main characters within the game that I played religiously in my past life.

Seeing them now leaves me with a surreal feeling.

While pondering such things, I didn't realize that the Prince and his entourage had reached my seat somehow.

"Ah! My prince. My apologies, I was deep in thought."

"No, no, it's fine. Rather, I find myself in the position of someone who should apologize instead. As class president, I shouldn't have let such things happen the moment you entered our class. Please, accept my apologies."

"It's fine, my Prince. I'm not unused to such things, so there's no need for the Prince to apologize."

The handsome prince frowns a little before his face lights up again.

"Anyways, I also wish to introduce myself. My name is Victus de Camilier, but please, call me Victus, as all my friends do. And please skip all the Prince non-sense. In the Academy, rank doesn't matter, remember?"

"But..."

Before I get the chance to refuse, I sense two intense glares coming from behind the Prince. The two childhood friends are staring at me with such a force that I can't help but swallow my words.

"But... of course, my Pri - err- I mean, Victus"

Hearing this, the Prince, or should I say Victus now, gives me one of his signature beaming smiles with his eyes curling into crescents.

His teeth are perfectly white as well, making them even more perfect than it already was.

The other two seem satisfied as well.

But, Genis, the little guy, is hiding behind Geraldt and only dares to peak at me behind his back. When I look at him, he quickly hides even further back.

Tracing my gaze, Victus says with a troubled smile.

"Oh, please forgive Genis, he tends to be shy around strangers. Oh, and these two are Mirria Sentoria and Geraldt Florine, my childhood best friends."

"Pleasure," said Geralt, his face entirely neutral. Though from my Soul Sight (which I hadn't turned off, by the way), he seems truly pleased to have met a new person. That's what I think it looks like at least.

I need to practice reading Soul Auras more.

"Greetings," said Mirria. She looks like she would rather be somewhere else. Her annoyance is so clear that it's kind of cute.

The Prince then turns towards the little Mage.

"Why don't you introduce yourself as well, Genis?"

The younger teen sheepishly said behind Geraldt's back, not daring to even face me.

"Ge-nis G-Green."

Victus turns back to face me with an embarrassed expression.

"Please forgive him, he's usually much more friendly than he is right now."

"It's okay, I understand completely."

He must have heard that I'm a famously crazy and violent delinquent. We're in the same year and the same division after all, even if our Mage class number is different. There's a total of 4 different Mage classes in our year, and I'm currently in class 2 alongside Yermen.

"Still, I don't think I've ever seen you in any of our Knight's training. What number is your class?" Victus asked curiously.

"Oh, I'm not a Knight. I'm a Mage."

The expressions on all of them are priceless. Except for Genis, everyone seems to have been taken aback. I can even see Drevor sit up a little hearing my declaration.

It's easy to mistake me as a Knight since I'm as tall as Geraldt, maybe slightly taller, and have more muscle than any other Mage. Wanting to clarify, I continued.

"I was trained by my family to be a Knight since I was little, so I gained a lot of muscles. But when I awakened, the Priest said that I'm a Mage, so my family sent me here to study."

The Prince frowns again.

"I see. Did they chase you out?"

"Oh no! They were all very supportive. Since our homeland is so dangerous for Mages, they sent me here so I can be safe and learn how to be a Mage properly. There's very little room for a Mage in the frontier, after all."

Victus seems to sigh in relief.

"That's good. Parents who disown their children because they somehow don't live up to expectations are really the worse. I'm glad that's not the case for you."

Embarrassed, I sheepishly scratched my head.

"Yeah." If only I realized it sooner.

"So," the Prince smiles, "I'm really curious about you. How did you even gain a Stigma at this Age, if you don't mind me asking?"

I gulped.

Why do I feel like his smile is a little sinister now?

6