Ch1. Light spirit
336 11 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, it's me! The author!

Here's some info that i should've put on ch.1:

*Hello, this is a thought,only thinking thoughts is a characteristic of overthinkers... I think.

"You're familiar with this...yeah... It's Speech."

<This is... Amm... The robotic female voice that we all know... Or not. Call it the world's voice, or system announcer.>

That's it. Bye.

<[Lesser Light Spirit] is now evolving into [Light Spirit].>

<Restrictions have been lifted. Basic abilities acquired.> 

*I CAN MOVEE

I could finally move, well, kind of.

"Ahh." I screamed internally.

I fell to the ground.

"!?" I felt the impact with the ground.

*I.. felt it?

This the first time since appearing here that i felt a physical sensation.

And i was also feeling a little cold.

I tried standing up but...

*Ah, yeah, no legs.

"How do they move?" I thought, observing the other balls.

*Levitation?

I tried to imagine myself lifting into the air...

Nothing happened.

*Hm.

I continued to observe the others

Most moved smoothly, nimble and precise in their movements. Some were clumsy for some seconds then, suddenly mastered it.

"I probably look really stupid." Why i thought this? Well, while they went somewhere, they stopped hovered above me, and seemed to stare at me for a second then continued.

*maybe it's weird that i still can't levitate?

It's been about 10 minutes, normally i would get really bored for staying still for this long, doing nothing.

But I'm pretty chill... Really.

The floor is really interesting... no kidding.

*What am i thinking?

It's seems that i zoned out for a while, and it is really dark out here for some reason.

*This feeling?

I felt... A familiar sensation...

*It felt like just a second ago that..

This feeling of impending doom.

"!?" I panicked, the environment became even colder.

*What is happening?

My vision went dark.

"Death? Again?" I sighed, internally.

*...

*...

*...

"!?" I felt something, something warm flowing inside me...

My vision began to return to normal.

"??"

All around me... Several balls of light.

They seemed to be transmitting something to me... That warm thing.

"You're helping me?" I tried to ask, there was no sound, as always, but one of them seemed to confirm what i asked.

It didn't speak nor did it make any movement of some kind, it just stood there, and yet, we somehow communicated.

Then, one of them moved forward and seemed to try to do a demonstration.

It just... stood there seemingly doing nothing, but i understood that it was doing 'something', and i got the feeling that it was important.

"?"

I didn't understand what it was trying to show me.

Still on the floor, i tried to somehow express confusion.

*I don't understand.

"!"

It seemed to understand.

It got closer to me, it was practically in my face... Face? Well, i mean, he occupied a large portion of my field of vision.

"How is getting closer gonna make me understand it?" I thought.

"!" It collided with me.

I somehow understood that as "Focus!".

*I am.

Then my vision began to go dark again.

"No, no, no." Panicking, i focused entirely on that ball.

Looking at it closely, i could see something exiting it's body and getting out again... It was hard to see, bit it was clearly there, something that resembled pale blue gas.

*A rhythm? Is it breathing? That means...?

Focusing all my attention on myself, i didn't feel anything that resembled what that ball was doing.

*I'M NOT BREATHING!

I focused again on the little ball and looked at every inch of it.

The ball seemed to realize that and got closer.

*I see, in the air.

There was something...

Then it hit me.

*Of course.

*If i remember correctly, that voice a while ago said that i evolved into a Light spirit... A spirit.

In a world where Fairies and spirits exist, magic should not be something foreign.

And as a spirit, i do not use the oxygen in the air.

*Mana!

Mana, the fuel for magic, I'm a magical creature, so i obviously need mana.

*I Need Mana!

Completely ignoring my human common sense, and adapting to a fantastic view of the world, i began to simulate breathing... But with a mythical substance.

One could say that, it was unnatural my sudden adoption of  fantastic common sense to the real world, but, like someone without enough oxygen up in their brain... I was delirious.

*Breathe!

Sounds simple, but it couldn't be more complicated to me.

"!!!"

I began to absorb what i assumed to be mana from the air, i used all my strength, then i started to feel good and my vision came back.

*YES.

However, that feeling didn't last long.

"!!?"

I felt like i was going to break.

The ball in front of me panicked, then showed me that i had to release the mana.

*Oh, right, of course.

After a minute or so of 'breathing', i got in a rhythm that felt good enough.

"!?"

The ball seemed happy, infact all of them seemed happy.

I was happy too.

Then they moved away, deeper into the forest, away from the village, the ball that helped me was the last to go.

*Is something in the forest?

I could somehow differentiate between the ball that helped me and the others, even though we're all practically  identical.

"So..." I thought, looking at the ground.

I'm still on the ground, unmoving, just silently glowing.

*Maybe it would have been too much to ask them to teach me how to fly.

"I'll figure it out." 

A couple minutes later....

It wasn't as hard as i thought ot would be.

I just had to 'swim' in the mana that was available in the air, or alternatively, use the mana to influence the air and boom, wind magic... i think.

"Weeeee. I'm flyinnnng!" 

Looking around i realized that i was the last one here.

"Hm." I pondered whether to follow them or not.

I felt like i must follow them.

*Let's go! 

"Weeeeeee!"

Other than the feeling that is strongly telling me to go into the forest, i think that surely the place where those guys went can't possibly be a bad place.

And so i went deep into the forest, i easily cought up to them, and saw a really, really, really big and humongous tree.

It was so big that i wondered how old it was, it must have existed for a long time to get this big.

*Surely, more than a thousand years.

The  branches moved in a swift motion that seemed to be waving at someone... And that movement was not because of the wind, i could see a big concentration of mana in those branches, no, in the whole tree.

The tree... It seemed to be calling me.

"..." I had no other words to describe it other than.. Majestic.

I saw the spirits getting inside the tree, passing right through it.

*They can do that?

*I was dodging all the trees on the way here.

I was moving at quite a high speed, so dodging is truly the right word.

I copied them, and after the weird feeling of passing through a solid object, i got in.

Inside there was a big and empty white space.

It felt like i was under water.

*This is?

That was mana, a huge amount of concentrated mana.

Then my surroundings got a little darker, the sight was like being in the deep ocean, full of bioluminescent animals, in this case, spirits of all kind.

There were several light ball floating around, there were a multitude of colors.

*That's a wind spirit, right?

I saw green ones and, noticed some had different shades too. I wondered what the different shades meant.

They were all flying in a outstretching circle, forming a spiral, and in the center was...

"??" I had my... Non-existent mouth agape.

There was a beautiful lady in the center of that spiral.

I could only see her from afar but her beauty was still noticeable.

I was in the outer edge of the spiral, i couldn't get close enough to see her features well, so i decided to wait my turn...

She seemed to be examining the spirits, one by one they hovered on her palm then moved on to the outside.

As we moved on, i began to think about my situation. Wouldn't a normal person panic, and start screaming bloody murder if they were in the same situation as I'm in?

I mean... I did panic a little.

And i died?

This could just be a dream.

Well, that was what i thought when i was unable to move, i didn't feel anything and had a weird field of vision, so it isn't any strange to think that. However, i felt pain and other sensations, so there's no way this isn't real, i guess dying was something i considered bad.

*Why is dying bad?

*Hm?

Anyway, this seems like my second chance at living so let's make the best of it.

After a couple more minutes...

"Hello." I majestic voice resounded in my head.

I just realized... I'm in her hand.

*I may have zoned out a little.

"H-hello!?" I tried to mutter, first thing is... She is giant, and second...

*HOLY cow.

*She is sooo beautiful, a goddess.

"Hoh? You answered?" She asked smiling gently, seemingly surprised.

*Ahhhh, that smile!!!! Divine!!!!

"I-I'm not supposed to?" It seems she can hear me.

"Hohoho, it's not that, it is just that i am surprised." 

"Ah."

"So you have an ego? That's...? a lower spirit... With an ego."

"Ammm, excuse me... I think am not a lower spirit."

"??" From her expression i can see that she's really confused.

In her palm i look small like a small grape.

She examined me with her eyes then muttered something.

"I see, it seems I can't access your memories, can you tell me everything that happened before you got here?"

My memories? She can do that normally... Hm, noted.

"Right..." I then explained everything, from my death to when i arrived here.

"I see, i didn't understand a lot of things you just said, however i heard enough to know what the problem is."

She then began to explain what happened to me since i Reincarnated.

I was the last in line so, she took her time explaining, somethings were to complicated for me to understand, and others were things i already theorised.

*She's really technical.

Summarizing, she was not sure why i Reincarnated as a one if her kind, yeah, she's kinda of a big shot, the spirit queen... Just that, no name.

She said that the lower spirit has little memory space and thus could only partially host my soul, and because of all the space my soul occupied there was no other space for basic functions, and because of that, i could only be conscious and do nothing. However due to the strain the spiritual body was taking it had to evolve to house my soul, the alternative was breaking down completely.

And this Middle spirit body has more than the lower counterpart, enough to house my soul and a few 'basic functions', even though they weren't operating at 100%.

Apparently only greater spirits can support a ego and I'm a 'miracle'... Well that's how i understood it... In her description she was practically calling me a 'bug', like a computer bug.

Speaking of computers, she took an interest in them, when i explaining my death, i mentioned my pc, and she asked me what was that and after my explanation, she changed her demeanor really quickly, she got really excited about computers in general, and i had to tell her everything i knew.

She was looking at me with shining eyes as i explained, then she began telling me that our jobs were similar.

Anyway, after all the talking, she seemed to be satisfied,

"Where will you go after leaving?"

"I think, the village where i was when i Reincarnated."

"Ah, i see, then..." She brought her other hand to the one i was in and enclosed me in them.

<Received The Spirit Queen's blessing.>

*Ohh.

I felt lighter.

"That should help you a little."

"Amm, thanks."

"You're welcome, go and grow... Amm."

"Meir oba-" I hesitated, should i use the same name? I was reborn.

"??"

"Ah, well, my name is Meir Obaqui, but... Should i used the same name from my past life?"

"Hm, i see, then why not just 'Meiro'? That way it's still you but not you exactly."

"Hm, yeah, that's fine."

"Then, your name is now Meiro."

"Cool, ah, don't this world have status window or something similar?"

"??" Obviously, she was confused.

"Well, they are like a floating computer screen that..." Her eyes lit up when she heard computer.

"There's nothing like that here..." She paused. "However...i can make that happen." She said with a grinning.

And that was how i met the Spirit Queen.

A long time later...

"Status." I chanted.

「Name: Meiro.」

「Specie: Light spirit.」

「Skills: Mana manipulation, Wind magic.」

「Titles: Named spirit.」

「Special: Spirit Queen's blessing.」

 』

This chapter is:
  • Longᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Ideal length Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Shortくコ:彡 Votes: 4 16.0%
  • I don't like polls... (/¯◡ ‿ ◡)/¯ ~ ┻━┻ Votes: 5 20.0%
Total voters: 25
8