Chapter 4: A Mightyena Problem!
652 0 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jennifer runs as fast as she can through the woods, dodging tree branches and running around the tall grasses in hope of reaching them in time.

                  

As she comes across a clearing of tree in the woods, which gives way to a sight of a large canine Pokemon towering in the center, facing off against a white figure laying bloodied and beaten on the ground.

                     

≈SOMEONE! PLEASE SAVE US!≈ Calls the voice she had heard earlier.

                          

Jennifer doesn’t hesitate and jumps and rushes through the tree-line, into the clearing.

The first thing to happen, is she hears the voices of other Pokémon that she wasn’t expecting.

                    

                      

“R-Ralts!”

                    

                       

Jennifer looks up to see a very large Mightyena standing about two meters away from a gravelly wounded Pokémon that she recognizes as a Gardevior.

                    

The Mightyena growls at her for her intrusion onto his hunt.

                    

                   

“R-Ralts!”

                     

Jennifer looks at the body of the Gardevoir, who is curled up and surrounding three scared and blood soaked Ralts.

                                   

                        

“Ralts!” Calls out a Ralts from the midst of the three.

                                       

This Ralts’s cry of help, encourages its siblings to do the same.

                      

“Ralts!”

“Ralts!” “Ralts!” “Ralts!”

“Ralts!” “Ralts!”

              

““Ralts!””

                

“”RALTS!””

                   

The mightyena barks and growls at the suddenly noisy cries of the infant Ralts, telling them to be quiet.

“Can it Mightyena! Leave this Gardevoir and her family alone!”

                                 

The Mightyena scoff at the human who dares to challenge him. He doesn’t even deign to give the human more attention than it is worth. His focus squarely back on to its meal in-front of it.

            

“Hey! Did you hear me! I said leave them alone!” Jennifer shouts as she throws a stone at the Mightyena.

It hits the ground in-front of it, annoying him that this human would once again try and bother it.

He thought that if this human didn’t leave right this instant, before he got any angrier, then he would just deal with them first.

“Just try it you punk!”

It gave the human another growl and a threatening set of barks to ward it off from interfering. He didn’t want to attack the human, as it would only attract more humans here to look for him or to hunt him.

“Oh! Scared that if you kill me you might be come the target of others?!” The human spoke to it.

                            

                                      

                                            

                         

“……………………” This shocked the Mightyena into silence. Its thoughts muddle and confused by how this human could know what it was thinking.

                                

“How do you think stupid!” It insulted him. “I am a psychic.”

        

“Ah! That explains it, so you can read my mind.” The Mightyena thought aloud so that the human could hear him.

“Yeah, that’s right. I can hear you, loud and clear.”

“Then hear this girl!” The Mightyena shouted in its head. “Leave this place now! While I am still feeling generous enough to deign you with the choice to live.”

But the human girl just shook its head in defiance.

“I am not going to just going to leave and abandon these Ralts and their mother to you for you to eat.”

“Why do you care?!” He barked at the human. “This doesn’t concern you!” He argued.

“It does when all you’re doing to hurting in this forest to kill for the sake of killing.”

             

Once again, the Mightyena was stunned to silence.

“So, it would appear you can do more than just read my mind.” He growled at the human advisory in-front of him.

“Yeah, I can. But I also don’t need to probe your memories to deeply to know that, that this is a low evolution area: which is used to help maintain the other nearby areas with stronger Pokémon.” It explained to him. “Which means,” she pointed at him. “That either you evolved into who you are by continuously attacking others weaker Pokémon, or were forced out of the stronger areas by stronger Pokémon and forced to come to a weaker area.”

                

“Silence human!” He snapped his jaw towards irritating human that was bothering him. “You know nothing! And you will get nothing from me! No matter how deeply you try and probe into my memories!”

“What are you talking?—“

                

*BARK!*

                        

The Mightyena barked while lunging towards the human, landing just short of her, but close enough that she jump away from him.

“Last chance human!” He warned her. “Turn back now! Or become my next meal, and a new source of strength for me!”

                      

                                 

                                         

He watched as the human’s face changed with emotions from looking at him, to looking towards his wounded prey.

He saw her expression dip before growing dim and then down cast.

“I see that you have made your choice human, a wise one.” He told her with his mind. He watched as the human turned to walk away back towards the trees.

“See to it that you never return to these woods, or I will kill you the next time I see you—“

                          

*THAWK*

                            

                         

*YELP*

                     

                         

The Mightyena shook his head after yelping when a rock flew and smash into the side of his head.

                                 

He looked towards the human in outrage and astonishment, as it stood there with her hand outstretched and pointing toward himself.

A few rocks were floating around in-front of the human, while she was looking at him with a smirk on her face.

            

“Oh that is it! I will not let you go now! The Gradevoir and Raltses can wait! You die first! GGGGGRRRRRRAAAAAAAA!”

                                       

The human unleashed the rocks it had floating in-front of itself, shooting them towards the Mightyena.

                         

“Ha! You think a few psychic tricks will be what allows you to best me?!”

He easily dodges the incoming projectiles flying towards him, all without stopping or breaking his stride.

Then at the last moment, Mightyena jumps up and longes towards the rebellious human interloper.

But just as he is about to attack her, a shower of sand and dirt kicks up, striking him across the eyes.

                           

“AAAAHHH!” The Mightyena cries out as he is blinded the dirt and sand, forced to fall and roll across the clearing’s ground.

He lowers his snout to the ground as he rubs his head quickly in the grass and bats at his eyes with his paws.

           

After clearing his vision enough to see, he looks back towards his human prey. Who was standing there smirking at him with a cocky grin.

“Cheap trick human, it may have worked on me this time. But that won’t happen a second time.”

“I am not so sure about that, I feel that I might be able to get you again with that, or maybe more.” She taunted.

“Ha! Maybe, if I were a human, but it seems that you have forgotten something.” He gloated as her readied his stance by lowering himself towards the ground.

The human narrowed her eyes at him.

“What is that?”

                          

                        

The Mightyena opens his mouth wide, revealing his sharp teeth.

                          

“That I am a Pokémon!”

                             

                 

                                     

And right before her eyes, the Mightyena seemingly vanished.

         

“Huh?— UUUHHHGGGGFFFF!”

Jennifer didn’t even have time to react.

One minute, he was standing more than five meters away, the next, the Mightyena was smashing its head into Jennifer’s stomach.

                             

She was sent flying backwards and smacked right into a tree.

                     

With just one hit, Jennifer felt like she had been in a fight with a human for about thirty minutes.

Oh my Arceus! He hit me really, really hard!

         

She was having trouble breathing, she could get her longs to work properly and suck in a full thing of air because of how hard the Mightyena had hit her. The ribs right above her stomach hurt like hell and she felt like throwing up.

             

Oh Arceus no! Am I going to die?

                

≈WATCH OUT!≈  “RALTS!”

                         

But before she could even react, the Mightyena and longed and sunk its teeth into her shoulder.

                         

“AAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!”

                      

“Hahahaha! I would say this serves you right girl! For messing with the food chain! But you are about to be a part of the food chain! And you won’t live long enough to regret it! Hahahahahaha!— UURRRKKK!”

                

Almost just as suddenly as he had appeared, he was gone.

Jennifer looked up to see a light-blue figure in-front of her.

                    

“G-G-Glaceon?” She questioned whether she was seeing what was in-front of her was real or not.

                

“Good job Glaceon! Nice hit with that Iron Tail!”

                       

                          

May?

                                    

                    

She looked over and saw that May had indeed shown up, along with Glaceon.

                      

Oh praise Arceus! Jennifer thought as she saw her friend and surrogate sister show up just in time.

                

“RRRRRHHHHAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!”

                       

The Mightyena roared in anger

              

“That is it! I am tired of all these interruptions to my hunt! I will kill each and every one of you!”

                                            

“Just try it! Me and May are going to kick you ass!”

                

“Yeah! That is right! You tell him Glaceon!” May cheered as if she had actually heard what her Glaceon had said. May struck a pose with her arm out before shouting an order to Glaceon. “Now Glaceon! Finish him off with Ice Shard!”

Jennifer watched fascinated as the beautiful duo of May and Glaceon work as a team, trusting each other with knowing what needed to be done.

Jennifer watched as Glaceon shot out a line of ice crystals that smashed and pelted the Mightyena all over.

                       

“Aaaaaghh!—“

                                

Jennifer watched as the Mightyena fell to the ground unconscious after being senselessly beaten by May and Glaceon’s great team work.

Jennifer breathed a sigh of relief now that the vicious Pokémon had been knocked out.

                                 

“JENNY!”

                 

She looked back over towards the now panicked stricken May who was running towards her.

                      

“Oh my Arceus Jenny! Look at you! By Palkia, I would slap you if you weren’t  so beat up already!”

“Glace! Glace! Glace! On! On!”

Jennifer starts laughing, but immediately regrets it as she starts coughing do to her damaged ribs.

“UGH! Please!” Jennifer complains and pleads in a strained voice. “Don’t make me laugh!”

                  

The two start up and complain at her some more, but Jennifer’s focus is lock solely on the fallen figure laying down near the center of the clearing. Its children swarming around it pushing and pulling their mother in the hopes of waking her.

“We have… RGH! We have to help her!” Jennifer pleads.

“Eh? Help who?” May wonders aloud before looking around and spotting the fallen Pokémon.

She looks back towards Jennifer with a stern expression.

                     

“No.”

                        

“But!—“

      

“No!”

                       

“But her children!—“

            

“Damn it Jennifer! I said NO!” May told her firmly.

“They need our help!” Jennifer pleads.

“You need our help! Look at you! You took on two attacks from a wild Pokémon! You’re honestly lucky to just be alive right now!” May scolds her.

                   

“This is nothing! *HISS* I have had worse! That Gardevoir isn’t going to make it if we don’t help her now!” She tells May.

“Just take her in your car; take her to the Pokémon Center in Petelsberg: I can walk the rest of the way there.” She assured May.

“That is not funny Jenny!”

“I wasn’t trying to be……”

                  

May slaps the tree Jennifer is leaning against in frustration.

“Damn it Jenny! If you think I’m just going to leave you here in the woods, wounded and alone, while I take some random wild Gardevoir to the city to the healed up over taking you to the hospital you got another thing coming!

But Jennifer shook her head.

“It’s not that bad.” She lied to May. “He mostly knocked the wind out of me, and the bite on my shoulder isn’t that deep. If you take her and hurry, I can follow right behind you to the road side and just wait for a cab.”

“Even that is not acceptable! You father and mine are already going to kill me for letting you get injured like this! I can’t just leave you on top of that! Plus I am sure you are going to bleed-out before a cab would get here!”

“But!—“

May was already shaking her head mid-sentence and interrupting Jennifer.

“The answer is no!”

She then leaned down, putting her arm under Jennifer’s good shoulder and helping her to stand up.

           

“AAUGHH! Easy! EASY!” Jennifer complains.

“See?!” May points out. “And you wanted me to leave you here by yourself?!”

             

But as she starts to move, Jennifer digs her heels into place.

“Come on Jennifer! We have got to!—“

“We have to help her!” She argued with May. She points towards the fallen Gardevoir again. “Are you really just going to leave her to doe here? Surrounded by her children and let them watch their mother die?”

           

May stopped and looked once more at the scene of the Ralts and the Gardevoir. The tiny Ralts were busy shaking and trying desperately to get their poor mother to stand and wake up.

May closed her eyes against the scene, to emotional at looking at it to make a sound judgement.

“I…— I can’t!” May said hesitantly.

“Please May!” Jennifer pleaded again. “For me?! I didn’t just come out here to save them, get injured, just to let them own their own and die.” She looked pleadingly down at May. “Please big sis-M?!”

May looked up from her surrogate sister, then back to the Ralts family, who were now looking towards the two of them.

                              

May closed her eyes against her raising emotions.

               

“Okay…” She relented as she opened her eyes to Look at Jennifer. “Okay… we’ll help her.”

Jennifer looked as if she was over the moon with joy.

“But I am not leaving you!” She warned her. “I have an idea to get us all there.” She started to pull away from Jennifer. “Think you can stand and walk?”

As Jennifer lost the support of May’s frame to help her stand, she felt a little wobbly and unstable, but she forced herself through the pain to stand, determined to not worry May and so that they would help the Gardevoir.

“I’m good.” She told May through gritted teeth.

         

May watched her friend for a minute before nodding her head.

“Okay, here is the plan.” She told Jennifer as she walked over towards she Gardevoir. She leaned down and gently picked up the Ralts one-by-one. She then walked them over and handed them over to Jennifer. “You are going to carry them,” She ordered Jennifer. “Then I will carry their mother, and we will all go towards the car. There isn’t enough room in it right now to fit all of us, but! We can dump you luggage on the side of the road and then call a taxi to come get you luggage.” She held up a hand with a finger pointing upwards in-front of herself. “This is the only way we’re doing this, otherwise I am going to be the bad guy here and just take you to the hospital against you will, got it?”

With the three Ralts clenched to her throbbing chest, Jennifer looked into her friends eyes and gave her a solemn nod of her head.

“Got it.”

“Good!” May turned and pulled out her phone. “Plus I am going to call you dad and tell him to meet us there.”

“Hey! That wasn’t part—“

“You already agreed! Too bad!” May smirked playfully at her injured friend. “Do something about it if you don’t like it.

          

Jennifer had half a mind to snatch her phone away with her powers, but she shook her head and thought better of it.

“Whatever…” Jennifer grumped sullenly.

                               

After May made the two calls, one for the cab, one to Jennifer’s dad, she moved over to pick up the injured Gardevoir.

“I got you sweetie.” She whispered carefully to the dying Pokémon. “We’re going to get you some help, everything is going to be alright.”

But even as she did this, the Gardevoir made no sounds or movements while she was picking her up.

Jennifer is right, she doesn’t have much time… if we don’t get her to the Pokémon center soon, it will be to late.

May turned to look at Jennifer before giving her a nod of her head.

“I am ready, are you?” She asked her hurt friend.

Jennifer nodded back at her.

“I’m ready.” She jerked her head back in the direction of the car. “Let’s get going.” She told May.

May nodded her head once again.

“Alright,” She looked towards her partner who was waiting intently for her next order. “Glaceon, lead the way please.”

“Glaceon!”

The two humans followed the Glaceon while they hurriedly made their way back to the car, all while carrying the Gardevoir and her family.

Once they were there, May quickly took charge again.

“Okay, first and foremost, get in the car Jen,” She waited until her friend, who was having some great difficulties with her injuries while, get inside the car. She then walked over and handed her the Gardevoir to her. “You’re going to have to carry her.” She told Jennifer. “I am going to empty the trunk real quick,” She then looked at the other Pokémon on the ground. “The rest of you are going to have to get into the back.”

“Glace!” Her Glaceon shouted with a nod.

“”Ralts!”” The three blood covered Ralts children nodded to their human savior’s words.

After getting everyone situated, May ran around and got back in the car.

“Okay, hold on everyone! I am about to break some speeding laws!

36