MARKET AND LODGING
169 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With a smile on his face, Ryan arrived at the market. The large number of people negotiating with the merchants caused a loud buzz, and the chaos of people walking everywhere scared him a bit, but it also excited him.

It was not the first time that he went to the market, however, it was the first time to enter. When he was a child he passed through this place a lot, but he always saw it from a distance and that is why it was impossible for him to notice the scene in front of him.

After looking at the market for a few minutes, he gathered his courage and stepped into the crowd. The market is divided into two areas, the north, where there are exclusive shops and establishments and the south composed of street stalls made of slightly rustic wood which is where Ryan was.

In other words, the north zone is the exclusive and expensive one, focused on wealthy clients and the south zone where Ryan was, was for commoners or the less wealthy.

Although this division existed, he did not mean that the southern area did not have valuables and that money did not move, it was more appropriate to think of this area as where commerce is informal.

Ryan walked among the people in the market, amid the noise of negotiations. The market was quite large, it was located in the center of the city and without exaggeration about 500,000 people could fit perfectly.

Before coming to the market, Ryan had talked to his father about where he could sell his items and that was where he was going.

It was the border area of ​​the market, in other words it was the area between the north and south, this area was called that by those who attended the market regularly, however it was not an additional area, in the end there was only north and south area for the city authorities.

In this border area there was a particular situation, since it was the union of the two areas, you could see both highly organized stores, as well as many rustic wooden stalls like those in the southern area.

Ryan carefully observed the contrast of the two types of establishment, but only for a moment and soon he was back on his way. In a few minutes he arrived at his destination, a small red brick store, which from the outside did not look very elegant, but trusting Boros, Ryan entered it.

A soft bell located at the top of the door rang when Ryan entered the store, he was a bit surprised, but looking up and seeing the bell he did not give more importance to the matter and went to the counter where there was a man from about 50 years, although his body did not reflect it since he was in shape, the wrinkles on his face and white hair gave him away.

The old man received him with a warm smile and, like a professional, he began his conversation by saying:

- Good morning young man, how can I help you?

- Good morning, I would like to sell some things, I am the youngest son of Boros, Ryan.

After introducing himself, the old man showed a surprised expression, however he quickly returned to his business smile, Ryan did not notice in the least the change of expression of the old man, he was a little nervous, it was his first negotiation and although Boros He had said that this old man was righteous, yet he was nervous.

- Don't be nervous, Boros is one of my best clients and Gauss also comes from time to time, I suppose your family is fine with the prices I offer, which makes me happy. The old man said still with a smile on his face trying to release Ryan's nervousness.

- So tell me, what do you have for me today? The old man continued.

Ryan summoned the objects in his possession, a manual, 4 small bottles of "Lady's Fragrance" and the moisturizer, the old man took them and taking a monocle from the front pocket of his shirt, he began to look at the objects.

Boros had already informed Ryan about this, that is an item merchants use to verify item descriptions. A hunter since he was the one who obtained the object could see the descriptions without problems, but for other people he had to use tools like these to know the application of the objects.

The old man inspected each of the objects for about 5 minutes, then kept the monocle from him and looked up at Ryan, he smiled and said:

- If Boros sent you, you should know that I don't like to haggle, that's why I offer a fair price, so what I offer is, 8 irons for the manual, 2 coppers for each "Lady's Fragrance" and 1 silver for the moisturizer.

Ryan narrowed his eyes as if he considered the offer, but the truth was that Boros had already given him a class on the approximate value of items he owned and he knew the old man was being fair.

Also, that was a good amount of money, in this world the currency has a ratio of 1 to 10 with respect to the top currency, that is, the lowest denomination currency is iron and 10 of them are equivalent to 1 currency of copper, in the same way 10 copper coins are equivalent to 1 silver coin and 10 silver coins are equivalent to 1 gold coin.

On the gold coins are the crystal coins, but these are used more in large cities and capital cities, since they are of large denomination, in cities like Celi, it was very rare to see these coins.

After a few minutes of mock deliberation, Ryan accepted the price offered by the old man and without delay they made the exchange, upon receiving the money, he put it in his pocket and left the store.

He walked at a safe and calm pace through the market, returning the same way on which he came, due to the rules of this world that forced everyone to attack head-on, things like the surprise attack either to steal or kill was prohibited by the laws of the world, so crime was rare.

Due to these laws, criminals could not focus on robbery, murder, poisoning, or anything that did not consist of a head-on attack, so there was some security regarding that, criminals focused more on scam and vices.

Ryan soon left the market and walked for a few blocks until he reached a wide street, with a good traffic of people and carriages, it was the street of inns.

Celi is a very well organized city, it has different areas, such as residential, noble, industrial, hotel, among others, so Ryan was in the hotel zone that consisted of some streets where the inns were located.

The ideal for Ryan was to buy a house, however that was not possible at the moment, even his brother Gauss who has been hunting for a long time, still does not have enough to do it, so Ryan was less qualified.

Ryan walked through the street full of inns, as if evaluating which one he could enter, not taking too long he entered a 5-story building, the inn was called "The Red Oak", this was the one that seemed the cleanest and most organized of those that saw.

Upon entering he could see a reception where a plump lady in her 40s was, despite the fat accumulated over the years, you could see that she was a beauty in her youth, but at present she was not at all desirable, was what Ryan thought.

He approached her and asked for the rate of the stay and the woman answered with another question.

- Short or long stay?

- Long, I intend to live here for a while, Ryan answered instantly.

- If the stay exceeds 6 months, the monthly payment will be 1 copper, it includes a meal and bath service, the laundry service is paid separately and depends on the quantity of the garments. The lady informed her and before Ryan could say anything she continued.

- What occupation do you have?

- I'm a hunter. Ryan responded instantly.

- Well, I have no problem with that, however that is a dangerous job where you can lose your life, therefore I cannot let you have a preferential rate like the one I mentioned, because if you die I will not have my payment. The lady said as her face looked thoughtful as if she was looking for a solution.

- There is no problem with that, let's do this, I will pay you at this time for the full 6 months of stay and in case I die hunting you would already have your payment, that way there would be no problem. Ryan proposed with great enthusiasm.

- If that's the case I have no problem, but is it really okay? The lady asked sounding a bit concerned.

- Okay, I will still have to pay that amount, I am only advancing it, but if I would like a favor, since the stay includes a meal, is it possible that this will be prepared and packed to eat as lunch, since I will be hunting I will not be able to eat here often? Ryan asked a little nervous that his request would be denied.

The plump woman smiled at Ryan's comment for a moment and then told him that he didn't have to worry that it was a fairly common request so he accepted it and after paying and receiving his change, Ryan was taken to his room on the second floor by a maid from the inn.

The maid was called by the reception lady and with a gentle smile she asked Ryan to follow her, then she started walking towards the stairs and Ryan followed her.

As they climbed the stairs, Ryan slowed his pace so that he could see better the maid's perfect plump ass, Ryan was mesmerized by the sway of the maid's ass as he walked.

To the point that the drool dripped from the corners of his mouth, he wanted to put his face in those two pillows, but the good thing lasted little and the stairs ended, however Ryan was so absorbed by the butt in front of him, that he did not realize that the maid had stopped and then Ryan hit the maid's ass with his face.

The maid jumped up and let out a small gasp in surprise, her face was a little red and she turned to see Ryan with his face close to her butt, the latter still did not realize what happened until the maid coughed loudly taking him out of his trance.

Ryan backed away quickly and in a panic he started to apologize.

- Excuse me, I was thinking about something and I got distracted, I didn't realize that you stopped.

- No problem I understand you, however the next time you embark on your thoughts at least walk straight and not at the height of the butt of others. The maid answered smiling, but her eyes expressed uncontrollable anger.

Ryan lowered his head and apologized again, the maid showed him where his room was, Ryan entered and receiving the key, he closed the door after the maid left.

Ryan, check the room, which was nothing special, a bed, a closet, a desk and his chair, there was also a small bathroom, simple, but comfortable and clean so he did not give it much importance, put his things in the desk and lay down on the bed and thinking about his future fell asleep.

3