Chapter 5 Family
303 5 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As we walked back to our home, mom told me there was a river close to our home but she forbade me not to go there alone.

When we got back at home, I saw Char crying while dad tries to soothe her. Char was a nickname I used for her, as calling her charlotte was too long.

“AWIIYA!!!” She screams in joy and struggles to get off from dad. If you’re wondering why dad is at home, that’s because he was able to caught two deers yesterday.

Uh oh I think she got attached to me too much. What do people with siblings do with this? But is it really a problem? Not for me, I want to spoil her.

“Now now Charlotte, don’t be too harsh on your dad.” Mom scolded her at least she tries, cause her tone tells a different story.

“Haha… Welcome back Iris, Aria.” Dad sounds dejected at first, but sprung back to life in a flash.

*Kissing sfx

Dad comes close to us and gave mom a passionate kiss and let go of her, he come close to me and kiss me in the cheeks.

“Well then, love let’s prepare lunch for now. Aria take your sister and play with her in the room.” Mom says, as she make her way to the kitchen.

“Okay mom, let’s go char.” I chime in and take hold of my sister’s hand, making our way to the bedroom.

“Awiiya! I love you!” Char exclaims in joy, as she hugs me quickly, when we reach the bedroom. Gosh she’s just so cute, what am I going to do with her?

“It’s Aria, little char and I love you too.” I chime in and hugs her as well.

“So what do you want to do today?” I asked her in a cheerful tone, cause spending time with her is bliss.

“Stowwy~! I want to hear stowwy~!.” Char shouted, while she looks at me with those puppy eyes. Fine. I’ll tell you a story. Stop looking at me with those puppy eyes, my heart can’t handle this sweet sensation.

“Fine. I’ll tell you a story. Once upon a time, their was a woman who got lost in the forest…” I begin to narrate her a story, well at least I tried to form one, cause I had already told her the stories I know.

*10 minutes later.

“And so the woman and the elf made a cottage in the forest. And live happily ever after.” It’s like, I just spew random bullshit go! But hey I think, at least it work.

“Did you like it? Little char.” I asked her, while I hugged her from behind. And tries to tickle her.

“Yesh! I like it vewy much!” Char said, as she giggles, when I tickle her. Did I say she was cute? Yes I did and I like to say it again.

“You two lunch is ready!” Mom says in a loud voice. “We’re coming mom, let’s eat for now little char.”

“Mom, Awiiya tells me a stowwy again, she’s great isn’t she?” Char exclaim in joy, as we eat lunch, which consists of meat for the three of us, and mashed potatoes for Char.

“You two are really the sweetest thing, I love you two so much, and Aria you’re so talented as well.” Mom exclaim in pure happiness and joy. While she stands up and walk to us, and kisses us from the cheeks. I love you mom

The time flies by and nothing was much to do, except that I played with my sister all day long.

The next morning mom is carrying a wooden tub filled with clothes, as she gets ready to go for the river, while dad stays home.

“Good morning mom. I want to go with you, please!” I nagged my mom, to take me with her, while hugging her waist tight.

“Fine fine you can come with me, but! Make sure to behave yourself, understood Aria?” Mom insisted.

“YES MOTHER!!!” I shouted, while having a smile on my face.

The weather is good today as well, The sun shines down upon us, though the trees block some of the light. We walked through the forest, while avoiding some of the tree trunks.

I was already drenched in sweat but I’m not out of breath, unlike yesterday. Mom on the other hand,

“We’re almost there, Aria. Can you still walk?” Mom delivers the good news, and also ask me as well. “Yes, mom I can walk.” I tried to make a pun, but I’m so bad at it.

“Silly girl” She giggles. Well I guess it worked.

A few minutes and I can hear it. The ripples of the river current. A few seconds after we exit through a bush. And what I see is something that, rarely appears in my past world.

The water is transparent, the water shines when the sun struck on it and the floor has a hue of an emerald color, the flow of the river was calm and some fish can be seen swimming. I hear a splash and now only noticed that we are not alone. Two middle aged woman, washing the clothes and two little girls playing in the river.

“Good morning Iris. Hmm? Is that your daughter? Look at that ain’t she a pretty just like you.” The woman greets us first, stopped scrubbing and went to us. She looks like she’s in her mid 30’s, her face has some wrinkles, her brown hair is tied in a ponytail style, her eyes looks tired, but her smiles tells another story.

“Morning Iris. So little princess there is your daughter eh? Not bad.” The other was a blond haired woman, her complexion looks better than the last one, the color of her eyes are blue and has a sharp gaze to it. She only spares us a glance, she smiles at us and went back to scrubbing, but not before calling the blonde girl playing in the river. “Ollie! Come here.” She calls the child.

“Ah, Irene come here as well.” The brown hair woman also called the child.

“Ollie. Remember that Ms. Iris tells us about her daughters?” She asked her in a calm tone, while she continues to scrub the clothes.

“*huff…yes *huff…mother.” Ollie squeeze her answer out. Her long blonde hair that glows like the sun, and as it dances with the wind, her eyes are aquamarine, her brow’s squinted when she gaze at me, as if she pierce my very soul, just like her mother.

“Irene, I remember that you really wish to see Ms. Iris daughter right?” She asked her softly and pats her head.

“Yes, mama!” She answered energetically. Contrast to Ollie, Irene has green lustrous hair that dance like leaves, when a strong breeze flow, her eyes are green, with the forest here, her eyes, just seem majestic and blends with the nature her brow’s widen in surprise and her gaze, gives the feeling of an innocent and playful child, our height are one and the same.

Wow they look so cute! And they already knew mom. Don’t get shy now Aria, they’re kids it’ll be fine.

“Ollie, Irene, Jennifer, Gabrielle. This is my daughter Aria, my little genius.” Mom introduce them to me.

“Come on Aria, introduce yourself to them” Mom said, while pushing me towards them.

13