Chapter 8 Dream
258 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

         When they finally left, the house feels a little bit lonely and quiet by now. Yet it’s not the uncomfortable at all, like a storm had passed at us, courtesy to Irene.

“So how was it, Aria, Char? Did you have fun?” Mom asked the obvious, as she smiles at us, her hands reach out to caress our hair.

“Yes!!!” I and char answered at the same time, I looked at her and giggles, she giggled along with me after a few seconds.

“Looks like the two of you really taken a liking to those two.” Dad added in. And carried Char, up to let her sit at his shoulder.

“Well it’s getting late so let’s eat for now and get some sleep.” Dad changed the subject, puts Char down and went to the kitchen.

“Ah dad. Can I ask you something?” I run to him and look at him, waiting for his permission.

“Fire away.” Dad agrees. So here we go

“Dad what’s the ceremony thingy you do in the church? I heard it from, Ollie.”

Dad stopped at what he was doing, he looked back at me and said, “Aria let’s talk about the tomorrow.” He said, he looks tired, his eyes getting heavy and he yawns.

Dinner passed by and only me and Char are making noises. Mom and dad we’re eating quietly, while occasionally smiling at us.

I forgot to tell this, but Char and I now, sleeps at the room right next to our parents. It was smaller compared to our parents room.

“Good night you two and love you two.” Mom gave us a good night kiss in the forehead. “Sleep well you two and I love you as well.” Dad also gave us a good night kiss in the forehead. “Good night I love you too.” We both answered again at the same time. Mom and dad chuckled, and walked out of the room after that.

“Good night, Char. I love you.” I kissed her cheeks and pulled her closer to me. “Good night, Awiiya. I love you too.” Char said and snuggle herself close to me.

Morning came and when I went out of the room, dad and mom are sitting in the dining room. Did they discussed about the ceremony?

“Good Morning, dad, mom… *yawns.” I greet them, while I yawn and stretch my arms.

“Good Morning, Aria. Did you sleep well?” Mom asked me and beckons me to sit with them.

“Good morning, little Aria.” Dad added in as well.

“Good morning, mom and dad.” I said and sit down with them.

“Aria, remember when you ask me about the ceremony.” Dad ask, I simply nod my head. “To make it simple, a ceremony is something you take at the church when you reach the age of 8.” Dad continues the explanation, while I listen to him. “When you take the ceremony, The Maker grants you a gift. This gift is sometimes magic, wisdom, or anything else.” Dad continues on.

“This gift is special, because this gift is related to your dreams.” Mom added in

What? The gift is related to your dreams, that means the gift is a manifestation of your dreams.

“That’s right, so Aria. What do you wish to be when you grow up?” Mom asked me and is looking at me sweetly. Yet I didn’t notice it because the words she just said, destroy the paradise I am living on.

My muscle tensed, my eyes darts around the room, my hands are shaking. They look at me thinking, that I was thinking of a good answer. As I was able to put my index finger on my forehead, mimicking a person who’s thinking.

This question again… I don’t know I don’t know, back in the past world. I was just living like a doll, I follow the flow of life, never making a decision for myself. I live in my comfort zone wasting the years I had. Even at this world, I am just living, because I breathe. While I am happy for the family and friends I have now, I still didn’t make a decision for myself. I have no dreams to called, no purpose to seek.

“Secret~” I lied to my parents. I put my index finger to my lips and wink at them. At least this let me buy some time.

“Eh! When will you tell us your dream?” Mom pouted and looks at me in the eyes. For the first time I avoided her gaze. I just can’t look at her for now.

“Ah! Mom do you know where Ollie lives? I quickly change the subject. I have to play it cool. I acted like nothing was usual and the talk later wasn’t important. I am a child right now, so they won’t suspect a thing. “Ollie, yes I know sweetie why? You like to visit her?” Mom answered and asked me.

“Yes!” I yelp, mom was surprised with the sudden raise of my voice. “I really want to play with her can I go please!? Please?”

“Wake your sister first. She is coming with us.” After I hear my mother’s approval and instructions. I run back to our room.

“Char! Wake up! Char!” I shout at her, while gently tapping her cheeks to wake her up.

“Awiiya?” she answered groggily. “Want to come with me? Will play at Ollie’s house.” I asked her, and the face she’s giving me clearly dictate her answer, as her eyes glows with excitement.

Breakfast passed by and we walked through the forest again, making our way back to honeyfield town. Mom says that Ollie lives inside the town. We saw sir Ian standing at the gate, looking like he just woke from a nap. He noticed us and we chatted at him for a few minutes before going inside.

We went passed the marketplace and arrived at the center of the town. At it’s center lies a church. There are four main roads in honeyfield town. The marketplace being south. The second on the east is the residential area. On the west lies the merchant district. And finally on the north lies the noble district.

We’re currently making our way to the residential area. After a few minutes of walking we arrived at Ollie’s house. The house was constructed using stone and wood as base materials. The house was a 2 floor story, 2 windows at the second floor and 1 window next to the door at the first floor.

I knocked twice at the door, before waiting to see if someone respond. “Wait a minute!” I can hear Ollie’s voice from here. “Who is it?” She open the door, and her eyes widen in surprise, she stares at me, her mouth left agape. She’s wearing a white shirt underneath a leather vest, leather greaves and she’s holding a wooden sword. “Aria! What…you…really…came.” She mumbles to herself, but clearly I can hear her. Wait, was she expecting for me to come?

“Yes, I want to play with you.” I said to her, while using Irene’s “technique.” I walk to her and reach my arms around her and hug her, not minding the sweat she has and of course myself as well. “Well if it’s you…come inside for now.” She says sheepishly and beckons us inside.

The sheer difference between our house and her’s is leaps and bounds. While our house has just have the basic necessities. Ollie’s house has a lot more design done to the house. A grey carpet in the doorway. The furnitures have some ornaments to go with, they have a leather couch in the living room, close to it, to the right was an open place, a small yard, with a 3 feet wooden fence on it. A small compartment at the farthest, it was the entrance to the basement, Ollie explained where, the armory and other stuff are stored. To the living room’s left was a stair made of wood and we went up that way. The kitchen was connected to the dining room.

I saw her two younger brothers, they are around the same age as my little Char. The atmosphere was awkward at first especially since Irene was not here. Char got quickly closed with the two brothers and they’re playing in Ollie’s room, mom is having a chat with Ms. Gabrielle, leaving the two of us alone.

“Hey, Ollie… can… I ask… you… something?” I shyly asked her in a weak voice, the two of us are currently in the yard, I am sitting cross legged, while watching Ollie swing the wooden sword vertically, her hands has calluses, I only noticed this time. “Yes…*huff…what is it?” She said, as she wiped the sweat on her face. I have a good feeling of what’s her answer, but I want to hear it.

“What do you want to do when you grow up?” I asked her, looking at her, I relaxed my eyes, and placed my hand below me to the ground, while I grin at her.

“I want to become a knight! I want to protect the people in honeyfield town, when I grow up.” She proudly declares, while placing her hand on her chest. She looks at me intensely, her eyes filled with determination, gone the shy kid I have seen in her.

“Woah! What about your gift?” I asked with my eyes shining brightly, like a student who is taking the class seriously.

“Strength!” She said to me.

Good for you, Ollie. I envy you.

12