Chapter 9 The beginning of the end (1)
265 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          Ollie proudly declares her dream. Standing firmly, as she looks down on me, The sun illuminating her figure, her hair shines brightly under the cover of the sun, her hair dances with the air. This majestic moment seems to last for an eternity, even if just a few seconds has passed.

“Woah! You’re so cool! Ollie.” I said to her. With the biggest smile I can show to her.

“…What about you? Aria.” She asked me quietly her voice sounds sweet to me. She put her hand down and drop the sword. She walked to me and sat down right next to me.

What should I say? It hurts for me to lie with her, but I have no choice. Think anything that works for this. Ah! I scrambled my mind searching for a good lie, and I found it.

So I looked at the sky, and lied at her. “A hunter… I want to be a hunter when I grow up!” I forced out my voice has a higher pitch than usual, trying to make it sound real, just like what I did with mom. I raised my hand to cover my face, as I can’t help but feel guilty.

“Wow… that sounds cool!” She said to me. Unknown to her that I deceived her. Her innocent smile only made it worse for me.

“Aria! Time to go home.” With perfect timing, mom hollers at me, as she went to carry my sister at her arms. Said sister, who fell asleep after playing for so long.

“That was fun, Ollie. Let’s play again next time.” I said to her, as I gave her a quick hug and made a run to mom, while waving goodbye to her.

The road back to home, was quiet for a few minutes, I was the first to break the silence.

“Mom? When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grow up?” I asked out of the blue.

“Hmm? That’s a strange question, Aria.” Mom was quite surprised. As she raised her eyebrows at me.

“Well I want to be a princess!” Mom stated. “Why is this about the ceremony?” she added in, she walks in front of me and stares at me.

“Yes… but can I tell it to you when we are at home.” I requested at her. My voice still higher than before.

When we got home, dad was there, he welcome us with a hug and kiss, but took notice when I was too silent, my eyes getting misty, from holding the tears. Mom quickly put Char to bed and the three of us sit down at the dining room.

It’s so hard to keep it all together, I want to let it out. I look at them and explain the situation to them.

“… I don’t know…*hic… I want…*hic…to do.” As I finished recounting everything, I wasn’t able to hold it anymore and burst into tears, like a dam broken, all the tears flows down, , snot building up at my nose. I tried to wipe my tears, but it was to no avail, as the tears keep flowing out of my eyes. “I’M WEIRD RIGHT!” I screamed but my came out like a hoarse. I find it hard to breathe, as I gasped for air. My chest hurts, as the pounding of my heart, goes rapidly. For the first time in my life, I wailed uncontrollably.

“ARIA!!!” Mom and dad, rush to me. Their voice filled with concern. Mom’s starts to weep as she hugs me and caress my hair. While trying to soothe me. Dad did also the same thing and hugs me as well.

“Shhh… It’s ok, sweet Aria, you’re not weird…*sniff… or anything ok? Mom her voice was breaking. “It’s going to be okay, Aria. You’re our little genius, I’m sure you’ll find out, of course we’re here to help you.” Dad added in as well. I wailed even harder

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN GENIUS!!! I AM NO GENIUS I AM WORTHLESS, I’M NOT EVEN SURE WHY I WAS GIVEN THE CHANCE TO LIVE AGAIN!!! I’M FULL OF SHIT” I bellowed. Gone was the childish persona I used. My real self was laid bare to see for my parents. Their eyes widen in shock, unsure if what they hear was right. “Aria?” Dad stared deeply at me confused and don’t know what to say.
I kept screaming like that, until I heard Char's voice.

“Awiiya?” I heard Char’s voice, it sounds like she is worried for me.

I turned my head to look at her in the eyes, while I force myself to smile. “Char…” my voice sounds dry, my eyes swimming in tears. Char might be a child, but even a child can realize when something is wrong.

“AWIIYA!!!” She shrills and started running to me, she sobbed and hugs me. “Awiiya!.. *wah… don’t cwy… Wah… Char’s here…”

“Char…” I stared at her for a second before, slowly hugging her.

For the rest of the time, all of just stands there at the dining room, the flickering candle, illuminates our figures. The three of them hugging me. It was truly the first time I cried so hard.

When I finally calmed down, it was already midnight. Mom and dad said that, I and Char should sleep with them. I agreed and went to the bedroom. Char followed me as well. Skipping dinner. I lied down and look at the ceiling, and remember that I showed my real self to them. What happens, happens can’t do anything about it.

Char, sits on my stomach, and quickly lies down on top of me. “Awiiya, I love you.” Char whisper at me. “I love you too, Char.” I whispered back at her.

I felt my heart being shattered to pieces when I heard my parents screaming about and fighting. I cried and covered Char’s ears. After what seems like an eternity, they stopped screaming and I heard the door open so I pretend to be asleep. I felt Char being taken away from me. I want to cry, but I have to pretend to be asleep. And so I also lose consciousness, due to being tired.

A while ago before they enter the room:

“WHAT IN DEVIL’S NAME WAS THAT!!!” Gilbert yelled at Iris. He grits his teeth in anger.

“I DON’T KNOW!!! SO DON’T YELL AT ME” Iris slammed the table in anger.

“YOU’RE THE ONE WHO FUCKING GAVE BIRTH TO HER, JUST WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!!!” Gilbert blame and lashed out at Iris.

“WELL, YOU’RE THE ONE WHO MADE LOVE TO ME, AT THE FIRST PLACE!!!” Iris screamed like a madwoman. Spit flying out from her mouth.

“She’s a cursed child, she will bring us bad luck.” Gilbert grimaced at the thought of that and his whole body shivers in terror.

“What if she’s possessed by a demon, we must call a priest or acolyte to exorcise her.” Iris reasoned out to her husband, but even so she can’t help but get scared at the thought of that.

“Tomorrow let’s bring an exorcist here.” Gilbert declared to his wife.

9