Chapter 12 Finding a way in (1)
204 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I spent the whole night awake, as I gaze into the darkness, alerted by the thought of them, looking for me. I picked up a stone and just mashed all the bugs and insects inside the cave to pass the time. “Come here you little shits, I’ll smash you like a bug, wait you guys are bugs hahahaha I forgot about that.”

When dawn came, I slowly stepped out of the cave . “So that’s what you look like. Wow thank you random giant ass tree, with a big hole underneath.” The cave, I’m hiding wasn’t really a cave. There was just a small hole underneath the tree.

I turned back again to look at the slope properly. It was 6 feet high, not that high compared to other slopes. “Thanks to you I made it out “safe and sound” I said in sarcasm.

“Now then where I should go now? I can’t head back so I’ll move forward I guess.” I decided nonchalantly. After walking for 5 minutes. I heard the gushing noise of the water. And so I walked faster.

“The river! I’m close to the river! I hope, this area of the river is not close to the house.” I said to myself. “But I’m thirsty now, so I need to drink, here goes nothing!” My need for water overcomes my worries. So I walk towards the river. The current of the river was calm, the glistening of the water as the sun reflects upon it, made a new feeling for me.

“Fucking hell! It’s too bright, damn I don’t want to look at this anymore!” I cursed the river. What was once I deem beautiful and enchanting, is now a sore eye to me. So I quickly crouch and put my hands at the water to scoop some of it and brought it to my mouth. I did this for about 10 times before stopping.

When I was finally done, I brought my face to wash it, but I looked at myself for a second before doing it. My face was dirty, my left cheeks is bruised badly. I checked the brown tunic and brown pants, I’m wearing and it was very dirty, filled with dirt and grime, but I can’t really do anything about it. If I wash it, It will take too much time, and I don’t want that.

So I washed my face only, making sure to do it gently.

“Now where should I go? I can’t stay here forever, they’ll find me or I will die out of starvation or by wolves, both that I don’t like.” I pondered on where I should go or what should I do.

“The town? It’s risky as hell, they might caught me there, but do I really have a choice? This river flows until it reach the town and continues on.” I questioned myself, and looked at the river flowing.

“Wait how do I even enter the town? Ian or some other guards will just catch my ass, and bring me back to those church dogs.” A new problem arises, and I scowl, at the situation I am in.

“No there might be a way for me to sneak in, I’m sure of it!” I hoped for the best, as I started walking down the river.

“*Growls…shit I’m hungry, how long before I even reach the town? Feels like walking an eternity here…ughhh” I complained, and kicked some of the pebbles in front of me.

It was already noon, and I’m getting even more pissed from my situation. “Fuck how long have I been walking? My legs are tired already and my stomach keeps growling.”

The light and heat of the sun, reminds me of the horror I had faced, so I walked towards the tree and hides under it’s shadow.

As I walked through the forest, the number of trees dwindle, and not long after that, I am welcomed with the open plains, there not far from here I can see the honeyfield town.

“They’ll caught me if I go now, I must wait till nightfall. Great no food for me, hooray…” I dejectedly said to myself. I turned around and walked back until I reach some of the trees.

One of the trees was large and thick compared to the others, so I made the decision to climb it. “Alright, so how do I climb this thing?”

After many tries, I was able to climbed up the tree. I grinned at satisfaction, to my surprise, this tree wasn’t just a tree. It was an apple tree.

“Now we’re talking!” I pluck some of it and started eating quietly. “It’s a little sour and bitter, but mostly sweet, good.”

I relaxed myself and rest my back on the tree, while waiting for nightfall. “I can’t sleep here, it’ll be suicide so I must stay awake.” I reminded myself.

I look at the surroundings. The sight of honeyfield town, the farms that surrounds it, the river that flows inside the town. I look backed to where I am. The trees dancing in the wind, the leaves flying everywhere, and falling into the ground after long enough. It was a sore eye for me, so I just lower my head and avoided it.

“I’m getting sleepy, shitshit I don’t want to sleep …*yawns…no I have to get down from this tree. So I quickly descended the tree. I walk through the back of the tree, so I am facing away the town and finally lay down there. “I don’t want to sleep…I don’t want to…”

“YOU’RE NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU FOUL DEMON!”

“GIVE US BACK OUR DAUGHTER!”

“BY THE MAKER’S JUDGEMENT, PREPARE YOURSELF TO BE PURGED, FOUL DEMON!”

“FOUL DEMON!”

“FOUL DEMON!”

“FOUL DEMON!”

“ARGHHHH!!!...ha…ha…ha…ha…fuck this shit.” I woke up from the nightmare. It was  the same, the hollowed eyes and mouth of Iris and Gilbert, the hollowed eyes and no mouth of the nuns, the sunlike glow of the priest’s eyes and the blinding light when he “purged” the demon within. It was still the same nightmare I have. My body is drenched in sweat, while my whole muscle shakes.

“It’s time…I have to get going now.” So I stand up and walk towards the town, staying close to the river this time.

10