Chapter 14 Under the veil of the night A “demon” is born
193 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Dawn might come any moment now. I’m not really sure, how much time had passed. I can’t let anyone see me now.” I said to myself. My body shivers from the thought of that, my face twist into a scowl.

I examine the area and realize that I am on the main road. As this road was far wider and was paved in stone.

“So if I followed this path, I’ll end up “there” nope I’m not going that way.” I rejected to follow the road and look for alternatives.

There were many intersecting paths, and all this path are paved in dirt.

“Shit! Fine I’ll go this way.” I cursed and take a random path to follow. Anything is better than going to the church. Of course I didn’t realize that I was going to regret my decision.

I walk the dirt paved path, while looking at the houses. Most of them are second story building, some are just one floor. The house was built using stone for the walls, wood for roof “I can’t see them clearly, shame.” I said dejectedly.

As I keep walking, the dirt paved road disappears, the ground is replaced by hard dirt, the surface full of cracks.

The row of houses dwindle and after walking for some time. Some of the houses look they seen better days. The walls is filled with holes, the door is almost rotting, the windows were smashed and broken. Indeed it was like looking at the ruins of a houses. No not ‘like’ it was really a ruined house.

“What the hell! This place, this is the slums.” I exclaim. Again I take a quick look at the surroundings, and almost vomit at the sight.

There under the rotting door, A body. Not just any type of body. It was a dead body, it was already rotting, maggots coming out from it’s body. “Ugh…fuck…don’t…look…at…it…what…the…hell.” I said, as I forced myself not to vomit.

When I realize the danger of this place, my whole body shudders, my face plastered with panic and fear. The raging heartbeats of mine, hurts my chest. I can’t breathe properly. I wanted to run but my feet won’t move. I remain like that for what feels like an eternity, when a piercing shrill of a child brought me back.

“ha…ha…ha…haaa…what…the.” I tried to calm myself first and steady my breathing. “That was a child, shit I don’t like this.” I grimaced and look at my surroundings, sure enough no one is coming outside to help. “Of course no is one going to come out. Look at this place Aria, it’s barren waste filled land, only the dead and the scums are here.” I reasoned out to myself. I stomp the ground in anger.

Then what shall I do? It might be just trap anyway. The sound it came not far from here. I can just take a peek and that’s it right? I played the lie to myself
.

Of course I know that it won’t be easy like that. I pulled up the makeshift mask to cover my face again. And started walking towards the noise.

The longer I walk, the more the surroundings look more desolated, the houses was riddled with holes and some of the portion of the houses is just completely blown away, the floor is rotting, there’s some people, but they’re too drunk to even notice me.

As I get closer to the source of the shrill, I was greeted with another shrill this time it’s more louder. I flinched and stopped walking for a second. My muscle tensed, my heart skip a beat, before it rapidly beats again.

Holy Fuck! I cursed internally. The sight that greeted me was so horrible. In an abandoned one-story house, with no doors to hold and no windows to hide what’s inside, the roof is almost demolished, the walls are rotting.

There inside, a corpulent man with only one arm and nothing on his top, I can’t see what he looks like, as he is facing away from me, he’s trying to pin someone down, and not far away from him, was a young boy maybe 10 years old. He’s lying down there completely knocked out or maybe dead.

“HELP ME!!! PLEASE ANYONE!!!” Then I heard it the cries of a young girl.

“SHUT UP BRAT, THERE’S NO ONE HERE TO HELP YOU!” The corpulent man lashed out at the girl and slapped her. He stands up and unbuckle his pants.

DIE YOU FUCKER!!! I’LL BUTCHER YOU LIKE THE PIG YOU ARE!!!

In a flurry of rage, I gripped the knife hard, positioning the knife in front of me, the tip facing them. I charged at him, the rage burning inside me, made all the pain in my body dull, the world seems to slows down. There wasn’t a single shred of hesitation in my heart, the rage overtook my entire emotions. I'M GOING TO KILL HIM!!!

When I got close to him, I howl and thrust the knife with all my strength, combine with the momentum, the knife pierced through his back. *Spurts *Spurts. Blood gushes out from his body.

“AAAAHHHH! WHAT THE GUARGHHH!!!” He screamed in pain, he’s body shuddered in pain.

“FUCK YOU!!!” I cursed at him. I tried to pull out the knife but it got stuck into his body. So I jerked and twisted the knife violently, gouging his inside.

“GUAHHH! STOP…AHHH!!!” He screams in pain again and unable to move, soon he’s about to drop dead.

“MOVE KID!!! ” I yelled at the little girl to move.

“Wah! No! Ha…ha…ha…ha” She cried, while crawling away from us, she went towards the knocked out boy.

“GAHH! SHIT!!!” With the adrenaline rushing to him, he pivots his body and flailed his one arm, but because of his body, he wasn’t able to move fast enough to hit me. When he pivoted his body, I let go of the knife and back away quickly. His arm miss my head with a hair’s breath.

“What the fuck! How the hell are you still alive!?” I glared and cursed him. The adrenaline slowly oozing out from my body, the anger fading away. Replace by terror and despair.

The fuck is this guy made of? I stabbed him and jerked that knife multiple times, so why the hell is he still alive!?

He tries to pull out the knife, but his arm can’t reach it. “ARGHH!!! YOU’LL PAY FOR THIS YOU BRAT!!!”

I smirk when I saw his conditions, “Sorry, I don’t want to pay you!” Hurry up! I kept backing away until I reach the wall.

“I’LL KILL YOU!!!” He screamed at me.

“AAAAAAA!!!” I heard the screams of a young boy, as he run towards the man. He jumped at the back of the man and pulled out the knife. The man of course loose balance and fell to the ground face first.

“DIE!!! YOU MONSTER!!!” He howled, his eyes seething with anger, gnashing his teeth. He raised the knife high above his head and brought it down upon the back of the man.

*Spurts

“DIE!”

*Spurts

“DIE!”

*Spurts

“DIEEEEEEEE!!!” The boy howled in anger, as he continuously stab the man.

Oh my God this is disgusting. The sight of a man, as his back is continuously being filled with holes, and bits of his flesh being splattered away, was far too much for me.

“Brother!” The little girl hollered, the boy stopped what he was doing, and quickly reeled away from the body.

He look at his quivering hand soak with blood, his eyes widen in terror.

“AAAAAAA!!!”

6