Chapter 16 A place to stay (2)
168 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“The demon? Aria you don’t look like a demon.” She tilts her head to the other side. She look puzzled by my answer.

“That’s what they call me, a foul demon.” I said the words bitterly and my face twist into a scowl. I’m not a demon!

“Why do they call you a demon? You don’t look like a demon.” She asked, her voice is  still filled with curiosity.

Will it really change if I tell her? Probably not. I snicker at the question, with my answer ready.

“Tell me first, do you notice anything different from me?” I playfully asked her. The answer is already at the tip of my tongue. I just want to test her.

“Umm…well you speak and act like those big guys.” Bingo, you’re a genius kid. I grin weakly at her. And nodded my head.

“That’s right. It’s because of that, they’re afraid of me.” The weak grin I had was gone. Replace by a smug face.

“Afraid why?” She leans closer to me, her face is so close to me. Too close kid, back off.

“Because I’m different from the others. You’ll understand this one day, but I’ll tell you this. Those big guys you speak of, they’re always afraid of one thing. The unknown.” I gave her a small reminder, something she has no use for. 

“Aria…you’re not a demon!” I knew she will say that. “You save me, no our lives!” She exclaim and quickly hug me.

“Who knows…maybe I’m just waiting for the perfect moment, I’m a total stranger to you, so don’t just make a decision. That’s another one to remember.” This way I can at least teach her.

“…and why is the demon telling this thing to us?” His brother interjected. Standing from the stairs, holding a white tunic and grey pants.

“Good question. But First can I change my clothes.”

I tried to stand up, but my knees shake every time I forced myself to stand. “A little help please.”

The boy walk down the stairs and make his way to the door in the left of the kitchen.

So is that a bathroom? He came back and walks to me. “Here.” He crouch down in front of me, his back facing me. I wrap my arms around his neck. I wrap my legs around his stomach. With that he stands up carrying me.

What a nice kid. “Thanks.” I said to him.

“No. Thank you for saving us.” He glanced back at me, he flashes a smile to me.

“Thank you…”

“Thank you…”

“Thank you…”

“*sniff Thank you *sniff.”

He keeps repeating it, but soon he broke down into tears. Tears pure of relief and joy. Just where are they? Where's your goddamn parents? Why aren't they here protecting you!?

I rest my head on his back. “You’ll be fine, for now.” I whisper to him.

The girl run to us and hug his brother tenderly. “Brother!” As she scream for her brother. He cries and stand for a while, as he hugs his sister, with me of course in his back. I never said anything, I just looked at them with mix feelings.

Was it anger? Sadness? Relief? Maybe all of the above.

After a while he wiped his cheeks and walks again.

We reached the door, finally. The girl quickly reopened it. Revealing a restroom, the floor was made of stone, a small hole below the wall. There was a wooden structure on the ground with it’s lid made of wood as well. On the other side of the ‘toilet’ was… Is that a faucet and sink! This is getting more fantasy then medieval and I’m all for it.

Honestly made my life easier. Though it’s a faucet there’s no switch or lever to turn on the water. So how does it work?

I tap the boy’s shoulder. “I can take it from here.” He glanced at me for a second, before nodding and drop me off. His eyes have already gone swollen from crying.

He hands me the clothes and I grab it. Slowly I enter the restroom, using the door as support. I look at them for a second, before smiling weakly. With that I close the door.

Slowly I take off the mask, and drop it to the ground. Next I remove the tunic, and then came next the pants. I also remove the wool underwear I’m wearing. Next I take off the leather sandals I’m wearing.

I examine my body, my feet has one bruise each, my legs are swollen, I can’t see if there’s injuries in my back. Alright time to change.

I pick up the clothes lying in the faucet and wear them. The pants first, then the tunic.

So how do I use this faucet? I put my hands under it to see if it works by motion, but nothing happens. I’ll ask them later.

I opened the door to see them still standing there. “Thank you ehh…what’s your name guys by the way.” I forgot to ask them.

“Ah! I’m Judeau, and this is my little sister Erica.” Nice name you got there.

“Well I’m Aria, but you guys already knew that.”

Alright time to ask them. I close my eyes and take a deep breath, preparing myself for the question.

“Mind if I stay here for the night.” I asked them in a normal tone, not shy, not forcefully, just calm.

The two of them look at each other for a second, before turning back at me.

“What about your parents won’t they be worried?” He asked me.

My face twist into a grimace as I remember the moments with them. Not again!

I just shrug my head, and sigh at his question. “No they won’t.” They’re worried for their daughter, not me.

“*yawns…the room right next to us upstairs, you can sleep there.” Judeau sluggishly said. Looks like they’re tired as well.

“Alright! Please carry me one more time, Prince Judeau!” I playfully said to him, with my childish persona.

The two of them blink their eyes and look at each other dumbfounded. “Eh? Aria?” Erica stares at me.

“One of my core skills as a demon, but please carry me one more time, I can’t walk anymore” I sheepishly ask him.

He groans and quickly get on his knees. And I want to make this quick so I climb his back again.

“Ha…let’s go.” He walks to the stair and up we go. There are two doors here, one to the right and the other to the left. A wooden window is place at the middle.

He opened the door to the right and we enter inside. The room was fairly simple, on the far end of the room there’s a wooden bed with it’s cushion and pillows made of cotton, a white blanket made of wool. There’s a chest below the bed. Right next to it was a nightstand. Close to the door to it’s left was a closet. And finally there’s one window next to the bed. So spacy.

He carries me until we reach the bed. “Now get off will you!” He groans at me. But he’s not really that pissed.

“Hey Judeau, thank you and good night to the two of you.” Ahh god finally a proper sleeping area. I lay down there and yawns as well.

“Good night Ms. Aria?” Erica said in confused tone, she tilts her head one more time and quickly declares “Aria you’re not a demon, and if you are then you are really a good demon.” She smiles brightly and hug me one more time before dashing out of the room.

“Good night Aria, and I also believe in what my sister said.” He pats my head and walks out of the room as well.

“HAHAHAHAHA A kind demon she says, honestly I can’t believe those two…*sniff…thank you.”

In this fucked up world, people like you still exist. 

Announcement
Bit of a late upload, but here you go.


Aria: I'm a demon

Towa: Could this woman be one of "my people"

8