Chapter 18 Grey
137 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eh! For a whole day!!! Shit! What about the church dogs they might find me here!

“Fuck I’ve gotta get out of here!” I cursed and quickly tried to stand up but…”Ah!Ah!Ow! Crap my body it hurts!” My muscles all over my body hurts when I try to move.

“You shouldn’t move around too much. Big brother said that you’re badly hurt and should just rest for a while. She grab my shoulders and slowly lay me down again in the bed.

“Don’t worry about the church, when they came here asking for you, we told them that we don’t know about anything.” Judeau explained the situation, giving me a small peace of mind, knowing they already passed through here.
But it also freaks me out a bit knowing they passed through here.

I turn my head to look at him and smile. “I owe you one, thanks.”

“You don’t owe me anything, and plus you’ll be staying at that bed for 6 more days.” I beg your pardon?

“Come again? I didn’t got that correctly.” No no no no no wait wait wait wait wait wait

“SIX days, Aria.” He emphasised the word six. He then stands up and walks to the door.

He turns around and look at my gawking face and his face twist into a smug face.

“I’ll be doing our daily work for today so Erica, stay here and watch her.” What I don’t need a babysitter, you get back here.

He then opens the door and make an exit for it. Wait what did he mean by daily work?

I tilt my head to Erica and, “Hey Erica, what did yours brother means by daily work?” I asked her.

“Ah! You see me and big brother go to this big building and the people there gives work for us.” She explains, with her gestures exaggerated as she described the place.

“What work is that?” I add another question again.

“Many works! But me and big brother only takes cleaning work, and taking plants in the forest.” So the two of them are working, So it means that their parents…

“And the pay?” It’s sad that kids have to work, when they can be just playing or something, but I know only the privileged can have that.

“We get 1 silver coin a day sometimes 2! And now that the monster is gone, we can buy more foods!” This monster just who the hell are you to them!?

I have an idea but fuck, I swear to god please don’t be the answer I wish for. I took a deep breath, trying to calm the nervousness and anger in my heart.

“This monster…just who the hell it is!?” I spat out the question, a question that I fear for it’s answer.

“You see the other kids…they called theirs “papa” or “father” but me and my big brother don’t want to call him papa or father, he’s scary…*sniff…*sniff…he always hit my brother, shouting at him, and then…” YOU FUCKING BASTARD I HOPE YOU ROT IN HELL!!!

It takes all my will to calm the burning rage. Clenching my fist hard, gnashing my teeth. I forced back the anger inside me. That monster is dead, I-no we killed him, I just made Judeau a killer, but I have no choice. Fuck all of this!

“Okay that’s enough! He’s gone now…he’s gone don’t worry about it anymore…he’s gone.” Maybe you’re right, maybe I am glad that I killed him. I want to ask her about her mother but not now.
I don't even want to know anymore.

“Here, want to hug me?” I open my arms wide and puff my non-existent chest, it hurts but that’s ok. This two had gone through much worse shit than me.

She quickly jumps at me, I can hear my muscle cries in pain, but I’ll ignore it for now. Hugging me ever so tightly as she cries again. I shouldn’t had asked about it.

“There…there…it’s…going to be okay now, I’ll take care of you two. I promise.” I slowly caress her hair. I made a vow to them and to myself, that I’ll look after them, long as I draw breath.

“Wah…Aria…you’re really a good person…I won’t believe those guys saying you’re a demon, they’re wrong!...*sniff”

“Aria…*sniff…can I call you sister?” I rejected that idea back then…but now.

“Yeah sure why not.” I gave her the thumbs up, but she didn’t see it as she burrows her head to my chest.

“Then little sister it is!” She looks at me in the eyes and happily declares it.

I felt my eyebrows twitch when I heard the word little sister. “No no clearly I am the big sister here.” It’s fine if you call me sister but I ain’t buying it, if I am the little one.

“Eh…but you’re small and I’m taller than you so that makes me the big sister!” She innocently exclaim to me.

Shit! You got me there good, I want to retort but I don’t want to debate with a child.

“Good point…big sis.” I paused for a second, before dropping the words I never expected to say.

“Yey! I love you Aria!” She nuzzles her cheeks against mine and tightly hugs me again.

And I just said then that I won’t drag them with me…yet here I am now.

I cast my gaze to the wooden ceiling, the memories of my life with Char flashes through my eyes.

I also chuckle at the thought I had back then in the cave.

“No man is an island…” Yeah the moment I felt the warm of being with someone, I find it hard to go back at my solitary days.

“Eh? What did you said, I didn’t hear it.” She raised her head to look at me.

I moved her bangs to the side giving me full view to her chestnut eyes, her eye bags is swollen from crying.

I flash a smile to her and say, “Nothing I just said you’re very cute.”

“No that’s not what you said, come on tell me!” She pouts at me and starts nagging me.

“Tell me!”

“No.”

“Tell me!”

“No.”

“I’m the big sister here so quickly tell me!”

“…pfft HAHAHAHAHAHA Nope I’m not telling you.” I burst into laughter, the sight of her pouting and nagging me was just funny to me. I kept teasing her for a while.

"Fine then keep your secrets."1props if you got the reference. Erica pouts at me.

"I'll tell you one day but fo now, I need to sleep and you don’t go anywhere okay.” I insisted. 

“Hugging you feels so good, so I will not leave this place.” Good.

I also find it hard to be alone again when I realize the warmth of having friends.

7