Chapter 19 Master of Disguise
134 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Judeau returns here with the sun almost down. He looks really tired. And He’s holding a brown linen bag.

“Ah! Welcome back big brother.”

“Eh…” was the only thing he said, as he gawk at us.

He tilts his head in confusion and ask, “Why are you calling me big brother?”

“Eh? But I’m your little sister so that’s why I call you big brother.”

“Aria! You said we will explain first!” Erica snapped at me.

“My bad, I just want to tease him.” I not so apologize, not taking it really seriously.

“And so allow me to explain the situation. It was like this…”

*5 minutes later

“…The end.” I finished narrating the event faster than I thought.

“Please big brother, I really want a little sister.” She went to her brother and look at him with puppy eyes.

“She can stay here with us right?” Right I forgot about that one. I can’t really stay here for long.

“Erica…we can’t do that.” He dejectedly said the bitter truth. Yeah I know as well.

“He’s right…you know.” I sadly agreed to him. It’s too trouble for me to be here, another mouth to feed and the church is still on the hunt for me.

“But…why? Please don’t leave Aria!” I’m sorry Erica.

I hav- to wait a minute.

“Ah! Judeau can I also work at the place you went to?” Rob weapons and food hahahaha that’s suicidal for me at this age, why did I even thought about that.

“Ah! Yes yes yes you can!” His mood quickly change and answered me brightly.

“So does that mean you’ll stay here!” Erica’s mood flipped as well and jumps at me. No don’t do it I’ll be crushed! Too late for me.

“Haa…that depends…” I felt the air sucked out of me. Slow yourself please.

“Hey you guys have scissor?” I already have a plan in mind.

“Scissor? What is scissor?” Judeau asked.

“Shears?” Maybe they don’t use the term scissor.

“Ah! Yes wait it’s in our room.” And off he goes. Bingo.

*6 days later

“Yeah finally!!!” After being stuck at the bed for six days, only leaving when I need to eat and take the restroom, I was finally free.

The two of them were adamant that I should rest and leave the work to them, which brings a bad taste to my mouth.

Erica walks closer and hug me. “Your long hair was really pretty, I missed it.” And she keeps musing about my hair.

Right I used the shears to cut off my hair. Now my hair only reach my nape, unlike the past where it reach my shoulders. I’ll miss you as well my long lustrous hair.

“Oh stop it will you, it’ll grow back…eventually.” I groan and cuts off the hug for now. “Come on your brother is waiting for us.” I chimed in as well.

She pouts at me, clearly unhappy about something. What did I say something wrong?

“Our brother, I’m not moving here until you change it.” She corrected me and adamantly won’t bulge an inch.

“Ugh…our brother.” Yeah play the anthem now. I keep forgetting about it teehee~

She nods her head in approval. We went down to see Judeau waiting at the dining area.

“Let’s go then…err…Ares.” My naming capabilities is one of my specialty.

“Why Ares? Aria.” Erica asked. Good question.

“No special reason really.” I shrugged off my shoulders.

“Come on you two let’s go!” Judeau hollered at us.

We step out of the house, thank god it was still dawn, it’s not that hot yet and I’m not that pissed yet.

We walk through the alleyways, eventually passing through some dirt path as well, before reaching the main road.

I may have a disguise but, hell I still feel uncomfortable getting close to the Church.

Eventually the main road gets clouded with lots of people walking around. I have to grab on Erica to make sure I don’t get separated from them.

Fuck we’re here!!! We reach the center of the town where the church lies. I start fidgeting and squirming uncomfortably. Judeau and Erica notice it immediately and walks faster.

“Haa…finally I feel like suffocating in that area.” We circle around the church and enter the main street of the merchant district.

The sheer difference between the residential area and merchant district is outstanding. All the people that walk here are merchants. And mercenary or adventurer?

Wow they’re all carrying weapons and they’re dress in armor. Some of them are dress in full plate armor, holding a sword and shield.
Some are wearing robes and holding a staff. Mages!

What makes me happy is that the ladies here wear proper armor, the one that actually protects you not like some iron bikini or shits.

I can’t help but feel giddy and excited. Why am I so happy seeing this?

While we keep walking, I notice weapons stall and armor stall place from the sides. There’s also shop here that sells weapons and armor, shop that sells tool, and a lot of different shop. But I wonder how much the weapons cost?

So I tap Judeau and ask, “Hey this weapons here, how much do they cost?”

He shrugs his head and, “I don’t know.” He said.

Even if I know I don’t have any money with me yet.

…and so we reach the place these two talk about.

“It’s a guild? No it really looks like your typical guild.” Kinda disappointing I thought I’ll see something new. Wait maybe it’s a bit different.

“Eh? You know?” The two of them look at me with surprised expression. Haa…nevermind.

It’s a 3 floor infrastructure, unlike the places I had seen before, where it’s walls was made of stone and roof made of wood. This guild has stone for walls and brick for roof.

We enter the building, and what greeted my sight was something I have seen a lot from novels yet, it still takes my breath to see it personally.

The floor was made of mahogany wood, the chairs and tables filled most of the area. Some adventurers yeah let’s call them adventurers. Some of them are sitting and others are forming a line to the counter. There isn’t that much people here.

“Ari- Ares stay close to us.” Judeau instructed me and also corrected himself.

I nod my head and I was already holding Erica’s hand from the moment we left the house.

We walk to the side skipping past the counter and on it’s side was a stair.

The number of people upstairs is lower compare downstairs, and most of them here are children and teen.

“Ares you need to register first.” He then point his hand to one of the lady in the counter.

Ashen hair that reach her waist and fit slender body, her chest size is modest but it’ll do. I can’t see her lower body because of the counter. She’s so pretty! Why are the ladies here are so beautiful
!

She’s wearing a white blouse with a brown vest on top of it. It suits her

I’m not really feeling jealous or anything...

I nod and walk to the counter. “Shit…” I frown when I realized the counter was too high for me. The guild receptionist giggles at me. Don’t laugh it damages my soul!

I run back and drag one of the chair with me.

Now then let’s start this. She smile brightly at me. “Fufufu~ Good morning little one, are you here to register?” She greets me in a childish tone.

“Yes!” I have to play the role of an energetic kid, which thank god I have a reference to copy with. Thanks Irene.

“Then can you fill up this form?” She passed me an old style paper and a quill to me.

Ah yes let’s fill--- wait I don’t know how to write the language of this world.

My hands fidgets and I blush a little, heat rising from my face. “I…can’t…write…umm…I don’t know how.” This is so embarrassing.

Her smile didn’t left her face, she place the paper close to her. “Then can you tell me your name?” she starts asking. “Ares.”

*5 minutes later.

Something bright shines in the hands of the receptionist and of course I avert my gaze to it. “Here this is your gatherer’s tag don’t lose it.” She hands me a bronze tag on it is supposed to be my name, my age, and what specific path I choose, which has four according to her. Subjugator, gatherer, bodyguard, and cleaner. I think the two have taken cleaner and gatherer.

“Big sister where do I take jobs?” I asked her.

She took some paper from the drawers behind her and, “Here, I can suggest you some jobs if you like.” Her voice is really nice...

“Big sister what’s your name?” I didn’t hear what she said back then. At least I want to know her name.

“Oh! My name is Lily.” She smiles warmly at me. Nice name. Oh right jobs!

“Big sister can you help me choose?”

Sorry for the late upload, chapter is a bit longer than usual.

8