Chapter 5: In which our heroine admires the flowers…
357 0 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Riin led her through the spaceship. At some point there was a change; the floor was carpeted, the corridors taller, and there was gilt edging on the info signs. Potted palms were placed every so often (the bases bolted to the floor, in case of incidents involving gravity).

"Wait," said Taisiya, "Have we been living in the servants quarters?"

"Kinda," said Riin, "Not really. But there's definitely a part where they assumed the nobles would keep to, and it's nicer."

Riin led them through sliding double-doors onto the bridge. It was considerably more utilitarian than the corridors, but still quite fancy; gilt edging along the consoles that encircled the room, plush seating that moved on rails. In the centre of the room was a large holodisplay, currently displaying… a blob? Clustered around it were Najla, Brigita and the Captain. The Captain! Taisiya had never seen her in the flesh before. She was really tall, must be at least two metres, and that's without including her heels. She wasn't dressed in uniform, but in a nice pair of black trousers that showed off her shapely legs, and a sleeveless tee-shirt that showed off her athletic arms. Taisiya was suddenly self-conscious about turning up in an oversized tee-shirt – not that she had any choice. She hoped that "The Ineffable Specialty Milk Bar" was a classy place, but she doubted it. 

"What's going on?" Riin asked.

"We've picked up a chaser," said Lieutenant Brigita, "Right on the edge of our sensor range. Well, not quite as on the edge as it used to be, it's got a tiny speed advantage."

"Wait, it can see us?" said Riin, "Aren't we stealthed?"

"Seems like it can see us," said Brigita, shrugging, tattooed muscles shifting. "We tried maneuvering last night: we'd lose it for a bit, and then it would pop back up on the sensor."

"I have set us on a course for a nearby nebula," said the Captain, "Hopefully that gives us more cover."

"We're trying to get a better read from the sensors," said Najla, tiredly, gesturing at the holo-image. "But not much luck."

"I calculate," said Moniker, voice issuing from some hidden speaker, "A reasonable chance it's the vigilante from earlier."

"Um," said Taisiya, "What do you mean by a vigilante, exactly?"

"Well, sometimes you get people who want to 'deal with the criminals' in a much more serious way than the Patrol," said Najla, "The Patrol mostly know that it's harmless fun; they just make sure no-one gets hurt. Usually."

"In this case," said Brigita, "There may be some cooperation going on."

"This is speculation," said the Captain, "Najla, are you going to continue working on the scan?"

"Yeah," said Najla, "Moniker has some excellent ideas, but they require the whole sensor cortex to be reconfigured."

"Fine. Keep me updated," said the Captain, "Lieutenant Brigita?"

"Not much I can do to help with the scan," said Brigita, "I thought I'd take some morning exercise, and then look into that matter we discussed earlier."

"Very well. Again, keep me informed," the Captain said, turning towards the door, "Riin, with me."

Riin looked a little surprised, but smartly followed the Captain out of the door. 

Brigita touched Taisiya on the arm. "Najla, it's okay if I borrow your project for my morning exertions, isn't it?" said Brigita. 

"She's not really my project, but sure," said Najla, "I'm not going to get much benefit out of her while I'm unpicking the cortex."

"I could stay," said Taisiya, "Maybe help you relax…"

"Brigita's fun, babe," said Najla, "Just please remember what we talked about."

*

"So," Brigita said, leading, "I guess you haven't seen the park yet?"

Taisiya shook her head. She'd been on several ships that claimed to have parks, meadows, or forests, but they were all rather underwhelming compared to nature. 

They reached a double-door.

"Your holocameras will stay here," said Brigita, "They make it a little too easy."

At first glance, it seemed the Squid's park would be the same underwhelming experience. There were plenty of trees, but they were all dwarf versions – no towering oaks or redwoods. Each tree, each bush, was in it's own compartment, the lip slightly raised from the earth. But as they walked further in, Taisiya realised that this place felt different. Partly it was the size; this place must take up most of a deck. But mostly it was the lack of maintenance; the trees were wild, spilling over the paths and spreading out against the ceiling. The bushes, again, refused to be contained and ran free. Flowers – bluebells, snowdrops – bloomed everywhere, with no neat staging that Taisiya could see. 

They followed a curving, partially obscured path through to a clearing set against one wall. There was a variety of gym equipment here: weight machines, ellipticals, treadmills and the like. Taisiya was suddenly afraid that she was going to be asked to exercise.

Brigita started doing some stretches. Although she wasn't Taisiya's absolute favorite type, she had to admit she was attractive. And built. Her tight tee-shirt did nothing to hide the bunches of cabled muscles, flexing and overlapping as she went through her exercises. There was a smile on her elfin, freckled face; she knew she was being watched. She brushed short white-blond hair out of her eyes.

"Take your tee-shirt off, Taisiya," she said, "We don't want to get it dirty."

Taisiya didn't mess around this time; she pulled the tee-shirt off, and hung it one one of the pieces of gym equipment. She looked down, trying to stand casually, knowing that Brigita was watching.

"We're going to play a game together," said Brigita, sitting down on one of the weight machines. "You'll be the prey."

Brigita pulled the handles, lifting the weights up and down.

"You'll have one hundred reps of this," she said, pulling to the handles, "To hide within the park. Then I hunt you. When I catch you, I'll fuck you as rough and as hard as I like. If you make it to, let's say, half an hour, then I'll give you a reward. Some clothing, time out of the collar, whatever. Also I'll fuck you more respectfully, if you want. Understand?"

Taisiya nodded. "If I win, can you get me in to see the Captain?" she said, thinking of the plan and the jewels.

Brigita looked surprised. She completed another rep before replying. "Well, my little prey thing, it's usually better if you wait until the Captain asks for you. She tends to wait for girls to be broken in. Easier for everyone. But I can ask, use my persuasion, if you want. Not that you'll win."

Brigita completed another rep.

"Oh, have you started?" asked Taisiya.

"Yep."

Taisiya turned and ran out of the clearing.

Okay, she thought, I should have a plan. The paths were finely chipped bark, or an imitation thereof, nice and easy on the feet, but running left big tracks. Still she ran down the path until it reached a straight section, then turned and picked her way back to a turn off. If she walked on the edge of the path, partly in the dirt, it made fewer tracks. More time consuming, though, especially as the dirt occasionally had small pebbles that she didn't want to tread on barefoot.

She wanted to find some clump of trees to hide in; but that was harder than it sounded. The park was riddled with paths. She carefully made her over a fallen tree trunk (deliberately placed, she guessed) hoping to find a good spot, but found she was immediately on another trail. Brigita would have finished her reps by now; Taisiya didn't want to run into her on a path. 

She finally saw a suitable spot: a tree and a dense bush. As long as she didn't break leaves on the way in, it ought to be a good hiding spot. She went carefully; naked hide and seek in a forest was, actually, a stupid idea.

She settled in, and just in time; Brigita jogged along the path. She went by without stopping, and Taisiya breathed a sigh of relief. Five minutes, ten minutes, or so passed, and Taisiya was beginning to think she'd have to move for her own comfort, when Brigita came down the other path, slower this time.

"Ah!" she said, evidently spotting something, and making for Taisiya. 

Taisiya burst from the bush onto the opposite path, and without thinking dashed into the next woody section, vaulting over the fallen tree. Brigita would either have to waste time following the path, or try to get her muscular frame through the undergrowth. Taisiya ran, hoping to put enough distance between her and Brigita to run out the clock. 

It seemed to be working too, until Taisiya turned a corner and almost ran into Brigita. Taisiya tried to double-back and escape, but Brigita tackled her – though Taisiya did notice that Brigita twisted so that she hit the trail first. There was a bit of a scramble, but Brigita was the more experienced wrestler and soon had Taisiya arms pinned, perching on top of her. Taisiya was suddenly aware of how much power and intensity Brigita had. 

"So close," said Brigita. "You nearly lasted long enough. Even better than Ji-Eun."

Taisiya went limp. Brigita's knee was between her legs, gently pressing, and, well, it wasn't much use pretending disinterest. 

"The way you jumped over that fallen tree was spectacular," Brigita said. "And you're a lot faster on your feet than I would have believed."

"So maybe you should ask the Captain anyway?" said Taisiya. 

Brigita laughed, but there seemed to be a little bit of an edge to it.

Not loosing Taisiya's hands, she twisted herself into a sitting position, shifting Taisiya into her lap. 

"Maybe I will," she said. Brigita moved Taisiya's hands behind her back, using one hand to hold them both. True, Taisiya wasn't struggling, but she felt that probably didn't make much difference.

Brigita trailed her newly unoccupied hand down her cheek, her neck, collarbone and then breast. Her thumb grazed a nipple. Taisiya closed her eyes. 

Brigita took her hand from Taisiya's breast, and with a sudden flurry of movement Taisiya felt something fasten around her wrists.

"Hey…" she protested.

"Prey thing, if you didn't want it rough," Brigita said, "You should have run faster."

Brigite turned her around and over, seemingly without effort. Taisiya ended up with her butt over Brigita's knee, her breasts and the side of her face flattening into the bark chips, her hands fastened behind her back. She struggled, instinctively.

"Oh," said Brigita, and delivered a mighty slap to her ass, "Are you sure that's the approach you want to take?"

"My face is in the dirt," shouted Taisiya. 

Brigita spanked her again. "Well stop complaining then, or you'll end up swallowing it."

Taisiya stilled herself, somewhat sulkily.

Brigita rubbed the slapped areas, and then felt for Taisiya's pussy. Taisiya blushed, she knew that Brigita would find her wet. It really would add a lot of gravitas to my complaints, she thought, if I wasn't so horny all the time.

With a gentle finger, Brigita ran up and down the lower lips, softly probing.

Taisiya bit back a suggestion that Brigita speed up: she knew there was no way that ended well.

Anyway, it was unnecessary, as Brigita slipped a couple of fingers into her cunt. A moan escaped Taisiya. The fingers started moving faster, plunging and withdrawing, and Taisiya had a sudden sense of how strong Brigita was. She supposed the robots were stronger, but there was something hot about having iron-muscled digits inside you. 

The fingers went slower and pulled out, and again Taisiya had to bite back a complaint. A finger, still wet with Taisiya's juices, was drawing spirals around her clit. Then briefly grazing, tapping on her hood, a brief rub. Taisiya became aware that she was making embarrassing sounds. She felt how close her orgasm was. 

The playing with her clit stopped, and felt the fingers inserted again, thrusting, going harder this time. Taisiya groaned. Brigita curled her fingers in towards that sensitive spot, and her pinky finger rubbed Taisiya's clit.

She came, almost jerking with the release, then trembling though the drawn out ebbing. She wondered, oddly, if the birds she could hear were real or robots. 

When Taisiya had stopped shaking, Brigita moved her again, laying her flat on the path. Brigita picked a few pieces of bark off the dirty side of Taisiya's face, trailed her hand across her body.

Brigita stood up and got undressed, looming above Taisiya. Muscles, scars and tattoos, thought Taisiya, beautiful. With her eyes she traced a floral tattoo: starting at her upper arm, travelling to her shoulders with loops and curlicues, a cluster of flowers (maybe columbines) along her collarbone, and vines and tendrils trailing down towards her breast. 

Taisiya suddenly became aware that Brigita wasn't doing anything. Well, not unless you count half-smiling in amusement at Taisiya's intense observance.

"I like art, okay?" Taisiya said, more than a little defensively. 

"Oh, you should definitely check out the apple blossom on my inner thigh," said Brigita, smirking. "I'll help you get a good view."

It took a little arranging, Brigita balling up her clothes to form a pillow for Taisiya, and some awkward maneuvering to get Brigita straddling her head. The apple blossom was good though; light ink and watercolour shading.

Brigita shuffled slightly, and brought Taisiya's mouth to her pussy. Brigita was hunched so her hand could support Taisiya's head. Taisiya lapped hungrily, there was no point pretending. Brigita was very wet, and Taisiya took some pride in that. She tried to focus, to hear any instructions from the lieutenant, but she was mostly aware of the muscular thighs on each side of her face, and the beautiful flower before her.

Taisiya dug her tongue in, pushing into the soft velvet. She used her mouth and nose as well, nibbling the lips and nuzzling the clit. Brigita was gasping, moaning in some unknown language.

Surrounded by Brigita scent and taste, Taisiya lost track of everything else. Everything except Brigita's cunt and her face; mashing one into the other.

With a long groan, Brigita came. Taisiya tried to keep going, lapping at least through the writhing, but Brigita allowed her head to fall back onto the makeshift pillow. Taisiya had no choice but to watch Brigita tremble over her head. Then, finally, Brigita swung a knee over her, and collapsed down to the path.

*

The showers were back by the gym equipment, against one wall, open to the air. The water was hot; Taisiya concentrated on her face and chest, which had spent a fair amount of time on the trail, considering they weren't feet. Brigita had less to deal with: sweat and scuffed knees, which meant she turned her shower off, while Taisiya was still scrubbing. Taisiya knew she was being watched, but tried to ignore it.

Brigita suddenly walked towards her, making Taisiya take a step back, feeling the wall behind her. One of Brigita's arms shot out to lean on the wall. Taisiya suddenly felt a bit intimidated, her space invaded by this lovely wall of muscle. Brigita's other hand took the loofah off Taisiya, and started gently sponging the dirt off her collarbone. Taisiya wasn't sure what to do; she dropped her arms to her sides. She focused on a curl of gladioli that ran across Brigita's abs, circling the belly-button and trailing down one leg. The shower run-off rippled across it, almost making it look like the tendrils were moving. A cluster of scars on the right side of her stomach obliterated a small part of the design.

"Done," Brigita said, dropping the loofah. She put her other arm up, surrounding Taisiya. Taisiya ran her fingers across the tattoo, tentatively touching the scars.

"An atavist with a bottle," she said, "I thought he was too drunk to do anything. Each scar is an education."

Taisiya didn't say anything, but traced the design lower.

"You still want me to speak to the Captain?" Brigita asked.

"Yes."

"A little competition then," said Brigita, "A test of strength. I've captured you. Can you move my arm?"

No, thought Taisiya. She tried pushing it with both hands, but it was absolutely fixed. She even hung on it; it was as solid as a rock.

"Shame," said Brigita. 

Taisiya tried again, putting her back to Brigita's other arm, and pushing with both arms, really pushing. And suddenly there was movement, Brigita's arm moved along the wall.

"Wow," said Brigita, a troubled look passing across her face, "Looks like I'll have to have that word with the Captain."

Brigita dropped her hand from the wall. "And I guess you can go."

Taisiya put her hands on Brigita's abs, tracing patterns. "And what if I don't want to, lieutenant," she said, stepping closer, and angling her head up for a kiss.

"Hmm, tactical error?" said Brigita, bending to kiss her. "But I suppose I could teach you about flowers."

*

Najla looked up as they entered the bridge. She looked tired. The Captain was already standing over the holodisplay.

"I was about to call you," said Najla, pausing to take them both in. "Did you have a nice time?"

"Yes!" said Taisiya, then realising that her question was probably directed at Brigita. 

"Yes," agreed Brigita, laughing. She looked at the Captain. "She gave me a good run for my effort. Very strong showing."

"The enhanced resolution scan is coming through now," said Moniker. 

"Have we made any gains on our pursuer?" asked Brigita. 

"No," said Moniker, "Its progress is still slow, but it is gaining, marginally, on the Squid."

The blob in the centre of the holodisplay was gradually refining, becoming clearer. The flattened tear-drop shape resolved itself.

"Does..." said Najla to the Captain, "Does that look like you'd expect?"

"Yes," Rajani said, sitting down heavily. "An INV Manta, New Aegean Imperial Navy. They've found us."

25