The Mysterious River-1
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Amid the Scenic River and lush green vegetation, there was an independent house embellished with colorful walls and a commodious garden. There resided three brothers, namely Richard, Mac, and Donald happily pursuing their graduation. Everything cruises smoothly in their lives without any impediments.

 

 But who knows with the advancement of time their lives will become miserable and horrendous.  

 

One day walking through the dense forests, all the three have causerie with each other. Feeling thirsty, Mac motions along the riverside to get some water and goes missing thereafter, Richard and Donald start searching for him but fail to get his whereabouts.

 

Richard: How did he disappear suddenly, Donald?

Donald: I don’t know brother even I am flummoxed,

Richard: He went towards the riverside, isn’t he?

Donald: Right,

Richard: Then let’s motion towards the bank of the river to ferret out evidence if any we could? 

Donald: Sure, why not?

 

They come over to the riverside to find out the main reason behind his brothers' sudden disappearance.

 

Richard: But nothing is insight here,

Donald: I agree, there is pin-drop silence!

Richard: Yes, it is an idyllic place,

Donald: What should we do now?

Donald: It won’t solve the problem because he abruptly disappeared,

Richard: Then, what is the alternative of finding him?

Donald: The problem might be with the river I surmise,

Richard: Heralds like that only,

Donald: Priest in the church could help us, what do you say?

Richard: Yes! You are right,

Both of them head onto the church located on the hillside to seek the help of the priest.

Father: Dear children, how can I help you?

Donald: Father, we are not able to trace our brother Mac, who went missing a couple of hours back,

Father: How did this happen?

Donald: We don’t know.

Father: Have you informed the cops about this incident?

Richard: No father, we do not want this issue to be publicized,

Father: it’s ok; then let us move to the spot where he went invisible.

 

The three rush towards the riverbank to crack the nut of this case.

 

Donald and Richard explain to the father that this is the place where he came and disappeared all of a sudden.

 

Father: Ok fine, let me my close eyes for a couple of minutes and pray the lord to sense the predicament prevailing over here,

Donald: Sure father, please!

Father: But mind out! 

I am not disturbed or interrupted in between this time.

 

Donald: Ok father, we comply with you.

 

Both the brothers comfort themselves till the father brings his prayer to the state of rest.

 

After some time father opens his eyes and tells them that this area is haunted.

 

Donald: What father! Could u please come again?

Father: I dare say that this place is haunted by some invisible evil force,

Richard: Oh no! It means we have foisted trouble for ourselves by coming over to this riverside,

Father: Yes indubitably, we have to be very careful now,

 

On hearing this, Donald and Richard are shattered and beseech father to extricate them from this mayhem forever.  

 

Let’s cut the palaver and plunge into action immediately,

All three step out of that place to the dense forest nearby.

Donald: Father, has the Mac been nailed to death? 

Father: Yes, beyond all question he is no more.

Father: We three have landed ourselves in quandary since the time of our arrival here.

Richard: Could we stop this from happening?

Father: May or may not be.

Donald: What can we do now?

Father: Keep this rosemary necklace along with you all the time,

Donald: Yes father, we will keep this necklace along with us, 

Father: All the best children, you can leave now,

 

 

Both brothers run for their lives out of fear without turning back and when Donald steps into the home, he finds Richard’s presence nowhere near-by his surroundings.  

 

Coming back to the forest in a bid to locate Richard, Donald finds him dead near the river bank and filled with trepidation to the point of saturation returns home. 

 

It is the dark side of twilight with an arid wind armed with smoky fog environing the area, bird’s singing muted, sky suffused with black color with no moonlight and leaves fluttered from the trees, and heavy rain bracing itself to thrash the ground.

 

Donald spirals out of control on seeing all these and laments for landing himself in a helpless state. Though he tries to console himself to some extent under the aegis of the rosemary necklace still the panic doesn’t eject out of his mind. His heart starts throbbing, sweat slides down from his head, hands and legs shiver, and cries for desperate help.  

 

As the minutes tick by, the tension and the anxiety pile up in his mind making him dejected and chagrined.

0