2.40-Grand Duke
781 5 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

"Interesting..." muttered the green-haired man to himself, his inconspicuous but spotless white robe fluttering slightly in the wind. "Really, really, interesting..."
The God of Chaos and Order hovered over an inconspicuous spot amidst light rain clouds above a patch of forest.
"Spatial inventory, out-of-this-world observational skills, the finest mana control, a version of a domain, unknown magical adapative abilities, and to top it all off, the celestial element of Akkalon..."
The god stared down at the patch of forest and his eyes followed something unknown and visible only to him. "A new god candidate. And on top of that with abilities and a soul like I have never seen before... Even the world system doesn't want to reveal everything to me that has never happened before.... Truly strange."
Unknown to most mortals of this world, the God of Chaos and Order was largely unknown, but nonetheless one of the most powerful deities on the planet. He was the overseer of the world system and the one responsible for the system quests that were sometimes issued in adventurer guilds.
And right now he was watching an individual who had caused quite a stir by entering the dungeon of akkalon.
Avan, who was unaware of all this observation, was sneaking along the inner keep of the vampire fortress and climbing up some windows on the side with the help of his gravity-altering skills.
"Most interesting..." Murmured the green-haired god. A small strand of gold-silver energy, celestial mana as inherent in all gods, split out of the outstretched hand and flowed down and through the earth realm, completely invisible to the human eye, as if there was no such thing as the slightest resistance.

Just as Avan arrived at a slightly slanted window on the third floor of the total of five floors and wanted to climb in carefully, the celestial strand of the god touched him.
Much to his amazement and surprise, Avan reacted quite differently than the god of chaos and order had expected, and suddenly the human looked up and seemed to be looking directly at the god floating between the clouds.
"How is this possible???" The god cringed, too surprised to be able to direct his thoughts clearly, and withdrew his mana in a flash as he felt it begin to be absorbed by an alien power. Shaken, he stared down at Avan, who wore a confused expression on his face, and after shaking his head, disappeared into the window of the third floor.
"Unbelievable... How? Did he sense me?" muttered the deity, by now recaptured and now even more curious than before, while scratching his brown chin beard. "And that in the end... Not only could he somehow sense my mana, he could dominate it! I've never experienced that before... Except maybe with Akkalon himself..."

 


 

Avan himself was just inside the keep behind a drawn curtain right next to the window he had just climbed through, trying to understand what had just happened.

 

[̶̨̺̟͉͓̍͂̀̓̀̈́̍̀̓̀̓̒̂̇̌̔̋̒͝͝G̶̢̧̱̹̺̬̟̞̖̥͐̎̅͆́̌̈̃̕͜ỏ̶̬̩̤͖̝͖̭̪̻̼͙̇̍̍̉̈́̚͜͠ͅd̶̡̠̝̯̲̬͉̖̬̟̥̍͆̄̈̉͐̓͆͋̅͋͌̊͒̓͑̃̇͘̚͝ ̵̛̝͉̼̆͒̈́̉̓̒͒̀͌̋̊̈́̕͝͝o̴̜̰̻͍̺͍̠̻̼̥͎̰̖͎̒̂͜͜f̶͉̣͈̹̣̲̲̪̰̝̣͖̣͕̲̞̭͑̒̀̿ [̵̝̳͇̝͊̋͛̓̾͋̽̚̚͠͝C̴̨̯̜̹̘̖̉͠ḩ̶̧̡̗̰̟̺͇͍̜͕̘̟̭̘̀̋̌͑͋̍̆̀̈́͌̽̍̅͊̕̕̚͝a̷̛̟̭̮̾̈́̏̍͑̇̈́̍̾̓̄͗̍̽̾̏͠͝͝o̵̡̢̢̜͍͙̳̤̺̘̯̹͎̪̣͉͉͕͖̲̤̽͋̓̀͗̈́̌͑̿s̷͇̟͋̇̽͐͐͘̚͝ ̶̧̢̗̰̟͚̺͚̙̳͉̠̙̖͖̯͖͎͍͐̈́͝à̶̢͖̯̮͖͚̓̆̓̈̋͒̃̇̈́͌̔̅̈̿̿̚͝ņ̴̛̛͍͉̰̬̠̺̳͕͎̝̫̺̟̈́̓̽͂̎̉̽͛̓̾̅͌̍̓͂́́̚ͅd̸̨̩͉͈̥̞̹͚͙̖̹̺̱͔̬͂͊̅̄̓͑͑̀͝͝ ̴̨̱̘͎͙͇̼͂̈̇̀́̎̍̑͆́͊̔̆̄̾̈́͘͜͝͝Ở̴͈͙̝͔̗̹̙̟͇̄͋͛̒̐̂͐͜͝͠ŗ̷̰͇͎̲͚͔̬̜͓̯̞̲̣̦̭͒̋͆̾͌̓̈͑͂̈́̍̔͐̃̅̎̂̕ḑ̵̤̱̲͕̟̫̫̜̤̬̯͖̲̝͖̓̽̉͑͋́̆̿̃͠é̷͈͙̭͓̱̺̱͇͗̈́́̒̀͋̆̓̽ͅͅr̷̡̥̫̬̃̿̑̓͛̂̀͊̇̈́̽͊̿͊̈̔̈́̚͘͝ ̸̡̡̞͇̙̥̹͗̎̔̀̋̂̌͌͒͘- ̷̢̺͚͖̲͉͚̯̟̖͍̯̬̓̂͑̍̇͆̀̈́̓̅́̑̍̕ ̶̛̤͔̬̘̈́̈́͊̽͋̇̈̅͛͂̒̆͂̊̔̌̌̃̚? ̶̗̖͈̟̝̫̰͈̮̟́̆͒̿̓̎͗́͊̅͐̅̀̌̾̓͌͑͝?̸̧̥̪̺̟̘̗̟̫̒́͝?̸̧̜̲̠̲̦̺͊̍?̵̭͔͙͙̟͚̗̫̩͎͓̣̿̿̈́͂̄̿̋͑̑͛͛̇́̚̕͠͠Ι]̷̣̑̌̃̌̇̌͊͋̈́̏̆͛́Ι

 

Had suddenly popped up in his system as something like a bucket of cold water had come over him. A familiar feeling of celestial energy of such incredible strength and purity had touched him for a fraction of a heartbeat, and suddenly the system had identified someone or something.
As quickly as it had come, it had abruptly disappeared, leaving Avan himself suddenly refreshed and confused with a shot of the purest energy.
He couldn't form a picture of what exactly had just happened, but whatever it was, something or someone had been watching or trying to sense him.
*What the bloody hell was that just...? *
And as if that were not enough, he had only now seen the second message in the system, which had been waiting for him there, flashing about a new feature.

 

[The will of the origin - 2/?]
Briefly the opportunity arose to you to look behind the curtain of the origin. Something in you slumbered, and an encounter awakened this something in you. Whatever It is, it is not even a fraction of the whole. It is beyond your logic, and yet you feel a warmth in it. A warmth of home, of the familiar.
Effect: Unknown
Parts yet to be integrated: Unknown

 

The Origin is stirring...

 

The fabric of existence ripples...

 

 

Avan was shocked, surprised, confused, and did not know what was happening. Something, or someone, had caused a chain reaction, and he himself was suddenly in the center and limelight, which he had never wanted!

At that very moment, something snapped him out of his startled thoughts, as he heard a metallic sound and the tread of boots on a marble floor in the immediate vicinity.
Holding his breath, with his back pressed against the cold stone wall of the keep, and hiding behind the curtain, Avan made every effort to be as quiet as possible.
A person strode past his hiding place and continued to the upper left of the balustrade, an inner corridor fenced off by a railing that allowed a view of the floor below in the middle. A kind of circular corridor, which could be reached by a heavily decorated double staircase from the center of the lower hallway. The third floor itself seemed to have no rooms and to be merely a tribune to look into the ballroom below. In the back, to the right and left of the large double staircase that led up here, two more spiral staircases went up to the fourth floor.

 

[Elite Vampire Suppressor - 241]

The elite guard marched on alone, one hand on a shiny red steel sword at his side and complete dark red metal armor flowing as if in one cast piece covering the body except the face. The armor itself was decorated with thorns and vines, ending in several lifelike reworked roses. The helmet appeared to be a smooth cap, except for the nose guard, which ended in a hawk-like point. The two boots in purest black had two small bat wings protruding from the outer sides.
All in all, the appearance of the elite guard, who had just marched past Avan's hiding place and who had just quietly peered out, seemed unapproachable and a bad idea to take it on unprepared at this point in time.
Avan waited for some time until the guard stopped on the other side and was sufficiently far away, then ducked towards the spiral staircase on his side.
A quick glance down to the second floor was enough to make it clear that there was no one downstairs except a few people in maid's uniforms cleaning up and dusting.
Unnoticed and with extreme caution, Avan reached the next floor and slowly stretched his head into the floor above from the stairs. An equally large, seemingly square, rounded-looking corridor led off from the staircase and reflected the balustrade below. On one side was the outer wall to the keep, while inside this time wooden doors carved with roses led off at varying intervals.
With careful and quiet steps, Avan crept up from the stairs into the corridor and went left along to the first door to listen with his ears and look in with his sphere of influence.
A small, cozy-looking room filled with bookshelves was behind it, and no sound came from inside. Gently, careful not to trigger a telltale squeak from the door, Avan opened it a crack and peered inside.
A heavy mahogany desk with a few writing utensils stood in the center of the office, while all around, from floor to ceiling, the entire walls were lined with full bookshelves. 
Again, the sound of boots on stone could be heard from the right side of the hallway from which Avan had just come, and he quickly slipped into the room to close the door quietly behind him.
With his back leaning against the wall of bookshelves next to the door and no hiding place far and wide, since the table had only four legs and even the comfortable-looking armchair behind it didn't offer enough space, Avan hung on and waited for the person outside to hopefully pass by without glancing into this one room.
As the person outside in the hallway came closer and closer, Avan heard a low muttered hiss of vampire language, and was able to identify the person as he strolled past the door outside. Cursing inwardly but grateful for the misfortune and encounter that was fortunately averted for the time being, Avan slowly expelled his held breath. With all the strange things he had seen lately, he was no longer surprised to be able to see this level as well.

 

[Grand Duke of the Xavier Bloodline - 301]

 


 

18